the most negative fans on the planet

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

Re: the most negative fans on the planet

by who are ya? » 17 Sep 2012 20:50

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 17 Sep 2012 21:08

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 17 Sep 2012 21:16

Victor Meldrew
Maguire Worst thing about this thread is getting lectured by Yanks.

Libertine and some others seem much more considered than this geezer.
He clearly doesn't understand the English psyche and is a stereotype American where life is all ra-ra and credit is fine as a way of life because somehow it just all works out fine in the end,the nasty injuns all get killed and the Yanks rule their country and try to rule the world.
In little old England we just don't believe that things all have to be dressed up as a kind of wonderland-we already know that the wizard of oz is just a sham whereas this topic starter obviously still believes in the land of make believe and fairy tales.

The wealthy Russian has still yet to prove himself as the white knight as most of those billions are still in his pocket and the club has so far only spent a little of his loose change-that's why we will be in a relegation battle.

Agreed - don't think our signings have been particularly ambitious really, apart from possibly the Pog, but even he came on a free. I think the signings we've made are the kind we could have done even last time we came up if SC had been a bit more willing to make some signings ...

Stuboo

by Stuboo » 17 Sep 2012 21:28

The Bushwackers. Quality.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 17 Sep 2012 21:36

Victor Meldrew

He clearly doesn't understand the English psyche and is a stereotype American where life is all ra-ra and credit is fine as a way of life because somehow it just all works out fine in the end,the nasty injuns all get killed and the Yanks rule their country and try to rule the world.
In little old England we just don't believe that things all have to be dressed up as a kind of wonderland-we already know that the wizard of oz is just a sham whereas this topic starter obviously still believes in the land of make believe and fairy tales.

The wealthy Russian has still yet to prove himself as the white knight as most of those billions are still in his pocket and the club has so far only spent a little of his loose change-that's why we will be in a relegation battle.

im actually not a a stereotypical american at all...i have seen the world for the shithole that it is and i have tried to believe the best in everything, but the world is still shit. i oppose a lot of the sketchy stuff that our government has done, and i question everything they do. i am more educated on what is truly going on in the government, more so than 90% of other americans. i think america needs to mind its own business and get out of other countries just as much as everyone else in the world. it is not our job to police the world. dont put me in that "stereotypical american group" because i do not belong there at all.

to be fair to your point though, i do not understand the english psyche because i have not spent much time being exposed to your culture. i find your culture fascinating and im trying to learn more about it and attending this forum is helping me out a lot. however, i have only been on this forum for a couple of months so please excuse me if i seem ignorant. everyone has to start somewhere when learning new things.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 17 Sep 2012 21:39

thirtyyarder

by thirtyyarder » 17 Sep 2012 21:44

It's all about superfly jimmy snuka

HTH

harryroyal

by harryroyal » 17 Sep 2012 21:49

USA_Loyal_Royal
Victor Meldrew

im actually not a a stereotypical american at all...i have seen the world for the shithole that it is and i have tried to believe the best in everything, but the world is still shit. i oppose a lot of the sketchy stuff that our government has done, and i question everything they do. i am more educated on what is truly going on in the government, more so than 90% of other americans. i think america needs to mind its own business and get out of other countries just as much as everyone else in the world. it is not our job to police the world. dont put me in that "stereotypical american group" because i do not belong there at all.

to be fair to your point though, i do not understand the english psyche because i have not spent much time being exposed to your culture. i find your culture fascinating and im trying to learn more about it and attending this forum is helping me out a lot. however, i have only been on this forum for a couple of months so please excuse me if i seem ignorant. everyone has to start somewhere when learning new things.

Did you know in England to become an adult you have to fight the biggest man in your local pub. If you lose he anally rapes you and you get locked up in the cellar of the pub with all the other failures.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 17 Sep 2012 21:54

USA_Loyal_Royal
Victor Meldrew

Go with the flow...don't try to force things...we are, and will remain, outsiders no matter how much we love the team...don't pass judgement, good or bad, on the whole fan base from a world away...we will never fully understand it because we never have walked in their shoes, and never will...be respectful of those who have welcomed us here.

Namaste... 8)

harryroyal

by harryroyal » 17 Sep 2012 21:56

^GHHHHHHHEEEEEEEYYYYYYYY

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict

by Libertine » 17 Sep 2012 22:02

harryroyal ^GHHHHHHHEEEEEEEYYYYYYYY

Don't make me resort to this... :wink: :D

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 17 Sep 2012 22:11

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 17 Sep 2012 22:12

USA_Loyal_Royal [*]I'm sorry but you lot are some of the most negative, pessimistic, unloyal fans I have ever seen. Every year you moan about how bad we are and mock players, managers, and owners. I have never seen anything like it before in my life. This clubs culture is turning shittier by the year because you won't support your club properly. What is the point of alligning yourself with a club if all you do is complain about the club. Facts are we are one of the best run clubs in the world, we have just been bought out by a billionare with tons of ambition, we have one of the best managers in England, and we are in the best league in the world. Show some damn pride. (This is a message to the 75% of our fans who constantly moan and complain.)

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 17 Sep 2012 22:16

Go with the flow...don't try to force things...we are, and will remain, outsiders no matter how much we love the team...don't pass judgement, good or bad, on the whole fan base from a world away...we will never fully understand it because we never have walked in their shoes, and never will...be respectful of those who have welcomed us here.

Namaste... 8)[/quote]

fair enough, hopefully over the years i will be able to fly over and meet some of you and have a chat over drinks, and maybe catch a match or two.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict

by Libertine » 17 Sep 2012 22:18

USA_Loyal_Royal fair enough, hopefully over the years i will be able to fly over and meet some of you and have a chat over drinks, and maybe catch a match or two.

Cool, it is on my short list of things to do before I die also...try to work on the quoting thingy too. :D

8)

Stuboo

by Stuboo » 17 Sep 2012 22:19

Libertine is right though, when you're a foreigner talking about another country you are never going to be allowed to criticise that country or it's ways in the same way it's residents do, without them taking offence. And that does make you feel like an outsider. We could learn this better as a country by the way, we're always lecturing other countries too.

Personally I'm pleased that we have Reading fans in America. Good for them.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 17 Sep 2012 22:24

the hardest part about being a (real) football fan in the states is that i have to deal with fans of the "big 4" constantly. if i ever see anyone in a jersey or a shirt outside the big 4 ill go up and talk to them because i feel like i have more in common with them than the plastic fans who are (more than likely) just wearing the shirt for recognition. i know a few real united fans who watch every match and have done so for years but to me being a united fan is easy cause they win all the time and they dont have to deal with heartbreak often. im not trying to sound pretentious or anything but being a fan of a smaller club takes a lot more.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Sep 2012 22:32

USA_Loyal_Royal [*]I'm sorry but you lot are some of the most negative, pessimistic, unloyal fans I have ever seen. Every year you moan about how bad we are and mock players, managers, and owners. I have never seen anything like it before in my life. This clubs culture is turning shittier by the year because you won't support your club properly. What is the point of alligning yourself with a club if all you do is complain about the club. Facts are we are one of the best run clubs in the world, we have just been bought out by a billionare with tons of ambition, we have one of the best managers in England, and we are in the best league in the world. Show some damn pride. (This is a message to the 75% of our fans who constantly moan and complain.)

Get a grip.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict

by Libertine » 17 Sep 2012 22:34

USA_Loyal_Royal the hardest part about being a (real) football fan in the states is that i have to deal with fans of the "big 4" constantly. if i ever see anyone in a jersey or a shirt outside the big 4 ill go up and talk to them because i feel like i have more in common with them than the plastic fans who are (more than likely) just wearing the shirt for recognition. i know a few real united fans who watch every match and have done so for years but to me being a united fan is easy cause they win all the time and they dont have to deal with heartbreak often. im not trying to sound pretentious or anything but being a fan of a smaller club takes a lot more.

I went to a Manchester Utd/New England Revolution exhibition match up at Foxboro with a friend who is a Manchester United fan the summer of 2011. I was wearing my Reading shirt that night. After the game someone as we were walking back to the car somebody said "Oh, you're a QPR fan?". They almost got punched in the nose... :evil:

It is tough being a football fan over here...it is all the Big 4 over here and that is all they know, and not even that well. Bandwagon jumpers... :roll:

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 17 Sep 2012 22:35

are you saying we are smaller than Man United now , USA LoyalRoyal :?: :?: