How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

3209 posts
larry1971

Re: How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

by larry1971 » 31 Oct 2012 11:49

Lacoste If QPR beat us I really don't know what will happen re MCD. He will definitely be in charge for that game though.

We just don't know what the Russians are thinking or how they will react. MCD has a friend in Madejski but Madejski himself hasn't been afraid of sacking managers when they have underperformed. The supposed reaction by Anton last night and the fact Boris was there isn't good news for MCD and one more defeat might well do it for him.

With regards to who might come in, it depends on who would have the biggest input. I trust Hammond to know who's available/would be interested in the job and to get his man.
If a Russian manager comes in, I will start to worry but I can't see that happening TBH.

well I think the ideal man would be some one like Alan Curbishley, he worked wonders at Charlton, on a limited budget with medioce players so he knows what it takes to keep a team in the Premiership - the football with him in charge will be quite dull but he would certainly get the defence sorted out.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 31 Oct 2012 11:49

gorkss was shit, morrison did well considering limtied previous gametime, he could work on his offensive heading though!!

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 31 Oct 2012 11:49

Beginning to look like Gorkss is the weaker link?

As for Gunter. I thought he had a decent game but that 7th tarnished his performance

PS apologies for not saying Shorey was another positive

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 31 Oct 2012 11:50

The thing that angers me FAR more than anything that happened last night is the growing talk about B Macs future..

The man needs to stay, no matter what!

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 31 Oct 2012 11:52

andrew1957 Fed was average - thought he could have done better for a couple of the goals

I had visions of him playing out of his skin (he seems to have a lot more of it BTW)
but he didn't look remotely near his best and McCarthy should definitely come back in.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 31 Oct 2012 11:58

Very near...far away The end is nigh. Eat less protein and fish. Buy my booklet - only 7p.

the booklet is free!
the thing above it is 7p

Stuboo

by Stuboo » 31 Oct 2012 12:06

Royal Lady Do you know what I'd do if I were McD and still in the job for Sunday? I'd bring in Guthrie and tell him no uncertain terms that THIS is his moment, he plays out of his oxf*rd skin and shows everyone what we've been missing. I'd drop Gorkss for Pearce. Pearce has done nothing wrong when he's played and I don't blame him for not wanting to sign a new contract - so maybe Pearce will sign after Sunday, when he realises he'll be first choice again.

I'd speak to Hammond/AZ and tell them I need a new coach, with proven experience at PL level and shunt Gibbs out. There's no room in football for sentiment. This is a business. He needs to be tough, starting on the training ground this morning and he needs to take another look at the tactics of last night and where it went so badly wrong and ensure that we NEVER make the same mistakes again. That's what I'd do.

And I'm available if anyone wants to give me the call! :wink:

Actually quite like your thinking there RL.

I think getting rid of Brian would be a huge mistake. I agree, I think what we need is a new coach. We need a new defensive coach, as this is the area we need to work on.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 31 Oct 2012 12:14

h8 seeing wally downes on west hams bench

bring him back!

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 31 Oct 2012 12:16

melonhead h8 seeing wally downes on west hams bench

bring him back!

Got to be better than Gorkss.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 31 Oct 2012 12:17

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 31 Oct 2012 12:18

Where is he going to find a coach that agrees with the way we play?

I find the support of MCD on this thread admirable if a little uneducated. The manager is not unsackable and will be judged on results just like any other manager, regardless of what he has done in the past. Yes he got us here and deserves credit, so now do we just thank the lord that we are here and sink back down to the champ like a good little club or make the most of it and try and stay up?

People are saying MCD should stay even if we are certain to go down, why???? How do we know that the Russians didn't offer more money?? I hear that Anton wanted MCD to spend more but he refused. The players he did buy are mainly duds.

This is all on MCD's shoulders and he will pay the price for poor results just like any manager. I would personally give him QPR then one after that.

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 31 Oct 2012 12:23

Lacoste Where is he going to find a coach that agrees with the way we play?

I find the support of MCD on this thread admirable if a little uneducated. The manager is not unsackable and will be judged on results just like any other manager, regardless of what he has done in the past. Yes he got us here and deserves credit, so now do we just thank the lord that we are here and sink back down to the champ like a good little club or make the most of it and try and stay up?

People are saying MCD should stay even if we are certain to go down, why???? How do we know that the Russians didn't offer more money?? I hear that Anton wanted MCD to spend more but he refused. The players he did buy are mainly duds.

This is all on MCD's shoulders and he will pay the price for poor results just like any manager. I would personally give him QPR then one after that.

A reluctant agreed on all counts.

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 31 Oct 2012 13:29

I dont think he should go yet, would give him a couple of games

I feel sorry for him tbh :(

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 31 Oct 2012 13:46

Royal Lady He needs to be tough, starting on the training ground this morning and he needs to take another look at the tactics of last night and where it went so badly wrong and ensure that we NEVER make the same mistakes again. That's what I'd do.

And I'm available if anyone wants to give me the call! :wink:

They have been given 2 days off - that will help.

Nomad_Royal

by Nomad_Royal » 31 Oct 2012 14:14

Lacoste I find the support of MCD on this thread admirable if a little uneducated. The manager is not unsackable and will be judged on results just like any other manager, regardless of what he has done in the past. Yes he got us here and deserves credit, so now do we just thank the lord that we are here and sink back down to the champ like a good little club or make the most of it and try and stay up?

What a condescending staement.

Why are we "uneducated" if we think it sensible that a manager, who has taken us from Championship relegation candidates to the Premiership in 2 years, deserves more than 10 games to prove himself and his team.

I am firmly in the McDemott supporter camp but I understand all managers live by results. In the end he will have to be held responsible for turning things around. It is the incredible shortsightedness of posters like you that really irritates me.

Nomad_Royal

by Nomad_Royal » 31 Oct 2012 14:18

Very near...far away The end is nigh. Eat less protein and fish. Buy my booklet - only 7p.

Blimey that takes me back. I can remember seeing that guy walking up and down Oxford street with that placard in the 70s.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 31 Oct 2012 14:23

I'm starting to worry for McDermott because this team, and the man himself is looking a bit out of their collective and individual depth at the moment.

Can he turn this around? I hope so, and I'd like to think he'll get his chance to, but if we continue to just repeat the same mistakes time and time again then at some point the club are going to take action.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 31 Oct 2012 14:53

Ideal
Nomad_Royal
Lacoste I find the support of MCD on this thread admirable if a little uneducated. The manager is not unsackable and will be judged on results just like any other manager, regardless of what he has done in the past. Yes he got us here and deserves credit, so now do we just thank the lord that we are here and sink back down to the champ like a good little club or make the most of it and try and stay up?

What a condescending staement.

Why are we "uneducated" if we think it sensible that a manager, who has taken us from Championship relegation candidates to the Premiership in 2 years, deserves more than 10 games to prove himself and his team.

I am firmly in the McDemott supporter camp but I understand all managers live by results. In the end he will have to be held responsible for turning things around. It is the incredible shortsightedness of posters like you that really irritates me.

Massive +1 to that.

People seem to forget just how extremely average our squad is, and how we are in fact playing to our strengths.
The manager has done a good job, and if we sack him we are worse off.

People need to get a grip, GRIN AND BEAR IT, we either go down or we don't, either way the manager should stay.

He hasn't just turned up, he built this squad FFS. I appreciate he didn't have much money in the past however he still added 6 players in the summer.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 31 Oct 2012 15:37

Had a long drive this morning and a chance to collect my thoughts after last nights atrocity. IMHO, the situation is..

- Currently Brian isn't good enough/experienced enough to be a Premier League manager
- The squad isn't good enough to stay up
- Among the reasons the squad isn't good enough are Brian's dealings in the summer and his decisions to weaken the squad further by excluding members from it

Having said that...

- There have been times when Brian has looked cluless at Championship level, but found a solution and prevailed
- Had we lost in the play-offs last year and were currently 4th or 5th in the Championship, no one would be calling for Brian's head so it seems harsh to penalise his over achievement
- Could another manager succeed with this squad? I would say no.

The club owes a huge debt of gratitude to Brian, he took over when we were in a world of shit and has performed miracles on a shoestring. I really like the guy and it pains me to see him looking and sounding as shattered as he did last night. I really would love him to turn it around starting Sunday but think it's highly unlikely.

It comes down to this, if TSI is intent on staying in the prem are are going to throw money at it in January, then, with a heavy heart,I think Brian will have to go as since the summer has transfer moves and the handling of big transfer egos suggest he isn't the man for that job. If they aren't going to throw money at it, then he should stay unless it becomes apparent he has totally lost the dressing room. I think we would go down but I think we would under any manager and Brian deserves the support of the fans and the board in making the best of this season, seeing it as a learning curve and preparing for the longer term of trying to get back up better equipped.

I would love it, love it he could get that squad mentality back, and get the fans behind him and the boys with a heroic result on Sunday.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 31 Oct 2012 15:47

Schards#2 Had a long drive this morning and a chance to collect my thoughts after last nights atrocity. IMHO, the situation is..

- Currently Brian isn't good enough/experienced enough to be a Premier League manager
- The squad isn't good enough to stay up
- Among the reasons the squad isn't good enough are Brian's dealings in the summer and his decisions to weaken the squad further by excluding members from it

Having said that...

- There have been times when Brian has looked cluless at Championship level, but found a solution and prevailed
- Had we lost in the play-offs last year and were currently 4th or 5th in the Championship, no one would be calling for Brian's head so it seems harsh to penalise his over achievement
- Could another manager succeed with this squad? I would say no.

The club owes a huge debt of gratitude to Brian, he took over when we were in a world of shit and has performed miracles on a shoestring. I really like the guy and it pains me to see him looking and sounding as shattered as he did last night. I really would love him to turn it around starting Sunday but think it's highly unlikely.

It comes down to this, if TSI is intent on staying in the prem are are going to throw money at it in January, then, with a heavy heart,I think Brian will have to go as since the summer has transfer moves and the handling of big transfer egos suggest he isn't the man for that job. If they aren't going to throw money at it, then he should stay unless it becomes!apmparent he has totally lost the dressing room. I think we would go down but I think we would under any manager and Brian deserves the support of the fans and the board in making the best of this season, seeing it as a learning curve and preparing for the longer term of trying to get back up better equipped.

I would love it, love it he could get that squad mentality back, and get the fans behind him and the boys with a heroic result on Sunday.

Massive +1 to this. You just explained everything i have been thinking perfectly. I think last night was a wake up call for a lot of people.

3209 posts