How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

3209 posts
Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

Re: How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

by Royal91 » 26 Nov 2012 18:17

melonhead doesnt say that at all though

says he hasn't had his budget yet, and he doubts he'll have masses to spend

Spending little is as good as spending nothing (In January that is). He said himself, established premier league players cost a fortune in January and we don't have the resources get hold of them.

Getting crappy frees and championship players ain't going to cut the mustard! And we won't even get the best Championship players because they will feel they can get promotion with their sides.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 26 Nov 2012 18:19

what would you like to do about it?

we will have a budget, we will spend it, with it we will get the best players we can afford to bring in, if we want them, if they want to come here, and if they are available.
the end.

saying that we are alot of expensive proven prem players away from staying up is pushing it a bit imo
and though its just an opinion, it is kind of backed up by the games so far

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 26 Nov 2012 18:44

andrew1957 If we lose tomorrow and Brian is sacked then stuff the club - hope we go down as we will deserve it for lack of loyalty (Wolves spring to mind... they have done so much better since sacking McCarthy) and I won't be going again this season.

Did you say the same when they cut Rodgers adrift just a few months into their 3 year plan?

I like McDermott, and I don't want to see him leave, and I certainly don't want to see him fail, but at the same time of he's not up to managing at this level (which it's looking like at the moment) then the club unfortunately has to act.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 26 Nov 2012 18:51

In his interview with Dellor he claimed that he had 20 players in the squad and all had played. Then completely evaded the follow up question regarding Bryn's role. When pushed, he finally said he was there if we needed him! We have bugger all cover in the centre of midfield but still Mcdermott feels we don't need Bryn.

It seems that, like Federici, Cummings paid the price as 'we had some individual errors'. Yet Gorkss is a comedy of errors but retains his place! Likewise Legs has also made quite a few individual errors. Given this inconsistent approach, would anyone really be surprised if the famous team unity isn't as strong as previously?

Doesn't think teams are opening us up FFS!!! Has he lost his eyesight?! Was that a lookalike stood on the touchline v Wigan?

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 26 Nov 2012 18:55

Lacoste
melonhead just so rude young man, there really is no need.

i understand its your opinion, based on heresay from a source of questionable reliability and voracity
its the way you are saying it, and expecting everyone to listen/give a shit that makes it look like you think its fact

Again, wrong.

Anyway, going home now as I have a life. Enjoy your evening and no doubt another 30-40 posts.

bell

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 26 Nov 2012 19:07

Hoop Blah
andrew1957 If we lose tomorrow and Brian is sacked then stuff the club - hope we go down as we will deserve it for lack of loyalty (Wolves spring to mind... they have done so much better since sacking McCarthy) and I won't be going again this season.

Did you say the same when they cut Rodgers adrift just a few months into their 3 year plan?

I like McDermott, and I don't want to see him leave, and I certainly don't want to see him fail, but at the same time of he's not up to managing at this level (which it's looking like at the moment) then the club unfortunately has to act.

Why would he say the same about Rodgers? Rodgers did nothing for us and acted like a complete arse in the process.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 26 Nov 2012 19:14

Royal91 http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20500160

Were going down because we are not going to invest in January!

"Were"? What's changed?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Nov 2012 19:44

sandman
Hoop Blah

Why would he say the same about Rodgers? Rodgers did nothing for us and acted like a complete arse in the process.

And took a team anticipated to be maybe mid-table with an outside chance of play offs into a relegation scrap. Mid-table's really the best we could hope for.

By now it was pretty clear Rodgers was doomed, McDermott still has a bit of grace, although I don't subscribe to the view that he's doing as well as anyone could and should be safe all season.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 26 Nov 2012 19:49

sandman
Hoop Blah

Rodgers had done a very good job for us in the past, left a secure job at Watford to join the club he grew up at and his family worked for and supported, and was told that the club was behind his long term strategy for evolving the way we did things.

A few months in, probably because someone didn't like him, the club threw that back in his face and sacked him.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 26 Nov 2012 19:51

Agreed.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 26 Nov 2012 19:52

Rubbish - Bodgers was taking us one way - into league 1. That's why he was sacked.

Furthermore, the board obviously struggled with the decision as there was plenty of mutual respect between BR & JM at the play-off final & no bad words spoken.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 26 Nov 2012 20:06

Ian Royal And took a team anticipated to be maybe mid-table with an outside chance of play offs into a relegation scrap. Mid-table's really the best we could hope for.

By now it was pretty clear Rodgers was doomed, McDermott still has a bit of grace, although I don't subscribe to the view that he's doing as well as anyone could and should be safe all season.

I'd argue that Rodgers side then were more competitive than McDermotts is now, having come through a very turbulent summer and he was looking to make the kind of changes that, in the long term might've seen us come up but be playing a style of football much easier on the eye and more suitable for Premier League football.

He wasn't given the chance to do that, despite the side improving, because of personal fall outs and a lack of 'bottle' within the club to see through the plan he'd set out with them.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 26 Nov 2012 20:09

Reading some of melonhead's many,many postings (which takes some doing) anybody would think we are comfortably mid-table-we are second from bottom and 4/7 favourites with the bookies to get relegated.

Brian's quoted stuff smacks of sour grapes.
The likes of Wigan,Norwich,Stoke,West Brom,Fulham,Swansea etc look as though their net spend is little different from ours and Andrew, Saints' side still has the nucleus of players from last season and with regular inflows of money from sales have not spent anywhere near the £40 million that you suggest and in fact West Ham's outlay has not been enormous.Both of these clubs have attendances some 30-40% more than ours.
I would guess that we offered good wages to get Pog in particular (Fulham fans must be questioning who was the better signing,Berbatov or Pog!!!!) and to Guthrie,McCleary and Roberts,wages almost certainly higher than those of Wigan,Swansea and Norwich players.
Why does our manager play up the little hard up Reading story?
To enhance his own reputation as a miracle worker? (which last season was true but you can only get so far playing Wimbledon football).

Anton is the one who spouted that he was going to spend what it takes and that is why fans expected a higher budget because the fans know it takes a lot of money to assemble a competitive squad especially in tthe first season up.
If Anton did offer the money thenn Brian is a fool for not taking it and melonhead there have been enough untruths emanating from the club in recent years for even a blinkered soul such as you to surely not believe everything you read and hear from that quarter?

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 26 Nov 2012 20:12

MmmMonsterMunch Rubbish - Bodgers was taking us one way - into league 1. That's why he was sacked.

Furthermore, the board obviously struggled with the decision as there was plenty of mutual respect between BR & JM at the play-off final & no bad words spoken.

Not even JM would forget the work done by Rodgers over many years at the club.
BTW if we were heading for Div 1 then ,how different is it now that we are heading for The Championship?

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 26 Nov 2012 20:21

Victor Meldrew Reading some of melonhead's many,many postings (which takes some doing) anybody would think we are comfortably mid-table-we are second from bottom and 4/7 favourites with the bookies to get relegated.

The likes of Wigan,Norwich,Stoke,West Brom,Fulham,Swansea etc look as though their net spend is little different from ours and Andrew, Saints' side still has the nucleus of players from last season and with regular inflows of money from sales have not spent anywhere near the £40 million that you suggest and in fact West Ham's outlay has not been enormous.Both of these clubs have attendances some 30-40% more than ours.
I would guess that we offered good wages to get Pog in particular (Fulham fans must be questioning who was the better signing,Berbatov or Pog!!!!) and to Guthrie,McCleary and Roberts,wages almost certainly higher than those of Wigan,Swansea and Norwich players.
To enhance his own reputation as a miracle worker? (which last season was true but you can only get so far playing Wimbledon football).

Anton is the one who spouted that he was going to spend what it takes and that is why fans expected a higher budget because the fans know it takes a lot of money to assemble a competitive squad especially in tthe first season up.
If Anton did offer the money thenn Brian is a fool for not taking it and melonhead there have been enough untruths emanating from the club in recent years for even a blinkered soul such as you to surely not believe everything you read and hear from that quarter?

Agree with pretty much all of that.

We/Anton is going to look pretty bl00dy stupid with all the suggestions of an imminent Top Ten finish/Europe/Stadium Expansion, when we get relegated.

And as for the "don't worry we'll bounce back brigade", oh really?!

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 26 Nov 2012 20:26

MmmMonsterMunch Rubbish - Bodgers was taking us one way - into league 1. That's why he was sacked.

John Madejski didn't want to sack him, it was all down to Nigel Howe; hence the ill feeling towards him now from Rodgers, rather than towards the club itself.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 26 Nov 2012 20:28

grey_squirrel
Victor Meldrew Reading some of melonhead's many,many postings (which takes some doing) anybody would think we are comfortably mid-table-we are second from bottom and 4/7 favourites with the bookies to get relegated.

Agree with pretty much all of that.

We/Anton is going to look pretty bl00dy stupid with all the suggestions of an imminent Top Ten finish/Europe/Stadium Expansion, when we get relegated.

And as for the "don't worry we'll bounce back brigade", oh really?!

'greed. The future of the club is in real danger if we get relegated from the almighty Premier League aka The Best League in the Country of England, The Continent of Europe, The Western Hemisphere, The Planet Earth, The Heavens Above, The Galaxy, The Crab Nebula and The Universe especially with how badly the academy is doing.
Last edited by sandman on 26 Nov 2012 20:34, edited 2 times in total.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 26 Nov 2012 20:31

Hoop Blah
Ian Royal And took a team anticipated to be maybe mid-table with an outside chance of play offs into a relegation scrap. Mid-table's really the best we could hope for.

I'd argue that Rodgers side then were more competitive than McDermotts is now, having come through a very turbulent summer and he was looking to make the kind of changes that, in the long term might've seen us come up but be playing a style of football much easier on the eye and more suitable for Premier League football.

He wasn't given the chance to do that, despite the side improving, because of personal fall outs and a lack of 'bottle' within the club to see through the plan he'd set out with them.

Again, I agree with all that.

He is far too good to have got relegated. It took McGhee 18 months + to bed in a new style fully at Elm Park. Rodgers would have succeeded in the end but no way were we going down.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 26 Nov 2012 21:10

Royal Rother
Hoop Blah

Again, I agree with all that.

He is far too good to have got relegated. It took McGhee 18 months + to bed in a new style fully at Elm Park. Rodgers would have succeeded in the end but no way were we going down.

Agreed.

A shame really because I was looking forward to the Rodgers journey. Unfortunately he didn't show much humility during his time with us and that wound up both the fans and certain members of the board.

Timing of the sacking was very odd (IMO) as were starting to show signs of progress. If Gylfi had brought his shooting boots to the Scunny game then we'd have won 4/5-0 and who knows where we'd be now..

Either way, I think it will be our loss in the long run.

(cue a torrent of abuse from Ideal)

Divvy

by Divvy » 26 Nov 2012 21:30

Defeat tomorrow and United on Saturday and I think he'll go.

3209 posts