Pavelwatch

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

Pavelwatch

by Big Foot » 08 Oct 2012 08:51

I note that our Russian striker was substituted again on Saturday, please use this thread to predict the league game in which you think he'll finally play a full 90 minutes for us.

I'm going with Spurs away on New Years Day.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Pavelwatch

by Royal With Cheese » 08 Oct 2012 12:18

Leeds away, Championship, September 2013.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 08 Oct 2012 12:23

Was hoping this was going to be a stat-watch on his ridiculous goals to shots ratio.

Stuboo

by Stuboo » 08 Oct 2012 14:23

I thought this was going to be about spotting Pog out and about in Reading. :)

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 08 Oct 2012 14:59

I thought this was about Pavel Checkov from Star Trek.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 08 Oct 2012 15:09

The Russian frontman, who impressed during a short spell at Fulham last season, was inundated with offers over the summer after it became apparent that he would not be staying on at Craven Cottage.

One of those approaches came from Saudi Arabia, but Pogrebnyak claims he snubbed a switch as he believes he still has plenty to offer in the Premier League.

"I don't really like this topic, but I can reveal that I had a good offer from a team in Saudi Arabia," he told www.aif.ru.

"I decided that it would be too early to go there and that I should be playing on a bigger stage."

Pogrebnyak benefited from playing alongside the likes of Mousa Dembele and Clint Dempsey during his time at Fulham, but he feels Reading have the quality in their squad to cement a top flight standing.

"Anyone can see how well Clint and Mousa are playing at Tottenham," he added.

"They are both great players and it is easy to play as a striker with them. Unfortunately Reading don't have players like them so we have to work hard and look to improve all the time.

"We are concentrating on avoiding relegation and I don't think that is anything to be ashamed of because the Premier League is the best in the world."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11673/8149236?

Nicely put Pav

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 08 Oct 2012 15:11

Love Pav. Awesome, awesome player.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 08 Oct 2012 15:12

I think hes right when he said

"Unfortunately Reading don't have players like them so we have to work hard and look to improve all the time"

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 08 Oct 2012 15:14

Right attitude but was concerned that he didn't really celebrate his goal on Saturday. Looked like he wasn't happy and Hunt was trying to motivate him. Was i looking too much into it, or is he just a usual grumpy Russian?

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 08 Oct 2012 15:29

Geekins Right attitude but was concerned that he didn't really celebrate his goal on Saturday. Looked like he wasn't happy and Hunt was trying to motivate him. Was i looking too much into it, or is he just a usual grumpy Russian?

I thought exactly the same as you tbh... :wink:

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 08 Oct 2012 15:40

I genuniely think that he didn't celebrate becuase he was embarrassed that a shot that poor had been fluffed by the keeper. It's as if he felt that a goal like that didn't warrant celebrating...

I like him as a striker, but he will go on a barron run at some stage and this site will be a horrible place to be when this happens!

Back to topic. Next game :wink:

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 08 Oct 2012 15:54

8 games, 4 goals. He's doing well!

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 08 Oct 2012 15:56

You would have to wonder whether McD is having to learn about the mentality of higher level players, rather than the familiar shaping of unfashionable players into tough competitors. There's no saying he cannot achieve this, as long as he can get them onside like he seems to consistently do with his players. Pog hopefully thought that we need a decent win before giving it large on the celebrations.

Stoke away, because we will need some strength against their defensive beasts.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 08 Oct 2012 16:16

for some reason pog makes me laugh all the time. whenever i see him in pictures he has a stone face like he is grumpy. when he didnt celebrate his goal he looked pissed off too. i love pog and i think he is well worth the money we spent on him, 4 goals in 8 matches (including cup) is great for us! id love to see his goals/minutes ratio though...where the hell is snowball?

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 08 Oct 2012 16:23

Geekins Right attitude but was concerned that he didn't really celebrate his goal on Saturday. Looked like he wasn't happy and Hunt was trying to motivate him. Was i looking too much into it, or is he just a usual grumpy Russian?

lol, reading something into nothing. We were getting dicked and the keeper fluffed the shot. You wouldn't exactly rip your shirt off after that one.

Contrast with his excellent backheel against QPR - plenty of celebration there

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 08 Oct 2012 16:25

Maguire

lol, reading something into nothing. We were getting dicked and the keeper fluffed the shot. You wouldn't exactly rip your shirt off after that one.

Exactly, it was an embarrassing goal all-round. Pav doesn't do cheap celebrations.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 08 Oct 2012 16:34

Maguire

Normally a cheeky grin or laugh happens though. No emotion at all, just like Ronaldo when he was having his hissy fit last month. Lita on the otherhand would've done two laps of the pitch waving his shirt above his head.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 08 Oct 2012 16:45

Maybe he felt embarrassed that we scored as it was def against the run of play

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 08 Oct 2012 17:12

Geekins Lita on the otherhand would've done two laps of the pitch waving his shirt above his head.

Lita was a proper helmet though. I remember when he scored at OT when we were 3-1 and ran off to celebrate in front of the fans. Err, get the ball and run it back to the centre circle you spazmo.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 08 Oct 2012 17:15

Lita was a proper Bell End with the personality to match