Relegation the Reading Way

542 posts
ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

Were in the shit

by ManchesterRoyals » 16 Sep 2012 18:50

We should have signed more quality players in the summer and we didnt, we wanted to keep faithful to the ones that brought us up but thats going to cost us, u could see the difference today in class reading looked like they were chasing shadows

harryroyal

Re: Were in the shit

by harryroyal » 16 Sep 2012 18:56

We look like a championship team. Which is what we are really. On the up side we could beat a record. Oh wait it's derby's record.

biscuitman

by biscuitman » 16 Sep 2012 18:56

Don't know where to start with this one.

Davezk

by Davezk » 16 Sep 2012 18:57

So long as we get more points than Derby, and finish about Southampton so I win my £100 bet, that's all I can hope for really.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 16 Sep 2012 19:09

3 games in and trips to Ipswich, Crystal Palace and maybe even Yeovil are being predicted. FFS... It's Spurs and of the first 3 games only Stoke has been outside of the top 5 teams. If we were playing Norwich today I would be very concerned. I'd rather we put in shite performances against the top teams and go for the juggler of teams around us as its points against them that'll keep us up.

Remember when we went down. Beating Liverpool 3-1 even if it was a classic performance didnt save us. I would rather lost that match 9-0 and beat Bolton and Newcastle towards the end of that season

Davezk

by Davezk » 16 Sep 2012 19:14

Reading4eva 3 games in and trips to Ipswich, Crystal Palace and maybe even Yeovil are being predicted. FFS... It's Spurs and of the first 3 games only Stoke has been outside of the top 5 teams. If we were playing Norwich today I would be very concerned. I'd rather we put in shite performances against the top teams and go for the juggler of teams around us as its points against them that'll keep us up.

Remember when we went down. Beating Liverpool 3-1 even if it was a classic performance didnt save us. I would rather lost that match 9-0 and beat Bolton and Newcastle towards the end of that season

Yes it's Spurs who are a good team. But we couldn't even do the basics right. If a player is under no pressure, it doesn't matter who you are playing against yet we kept hoofing it forward and losing the ball... or we crossed the halfway line with 2 players. No wonder we barely had a shot on goal. It was a poor performance so let's not justify it with 'we were playing spurs' because we could have been playing Wigan and we'd have lost.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 16 Sep 2012 19:15

So ur happy with the squad then

Oh and i forgot spurs have won once in 2012 away from home

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 16 Sep 2012 19:17

Were in the shit? You mean we're ok now? WTF, we lost didn't we? How is that better now?

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 16 Sep 2012 19:19

we can`t go down because Brian said he is happy with what we have here, loyalty is one thing but blind stupidity is another.

Albert Spangler
Hob Nob Regular

by Albert Spangler » 16 Sep 2012 19:23

Davezk So long as we get more points than Derby, and finish about Southampton so I win my £100 bet, that's all I can hope for really.

Yep, 12 points is definitely the target

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 16 Sep 2012 19:26

Davezk
Reading4eva 3 games in and trips to Ipswich, Crystal Palace and maybe even Yeovil are being predicted. FFS... It's Spurs and of the first 3 games only Stoke has been outside of the top 5 teams. If we were playing Norwich today I would be very concerned. I'd rather we put in shite performances against the top teams and go for the juggler of teams around us as its points against them that'll keep us up.

Yes it's Spurs who are a good team. But we couldn't even do the basics right. If a player is under no pressure, it doesn't matter who you are playing against yet we kept hoofing it forward and losing the ball... or we crossed the halfway line with 2 players. No wonder we barely had a shot on goal. It was a poor performance so let's not justify it with 'we were playing spurs' because we could have been playing Wigan and we'd have lost.

Agreed if we were playing Doncaster Rovers we probably would of lost that game as we weren't at the races today. However how can we play so well against Chelsea then play badly today.

In Brian we trust. Play like we did against Chelsea and we will beat West Brom

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 16 Sep 2012 19:29

Play like we did against Chelsea and we will beat West Brom

I cant see that happening on todays performance

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Sep 2012 19:34

I have no problem with criticism of what was, on the whole, a piss poor performance.

But people who then decide (as happens year after year it seems to me) that that level of performance will therefore be replicated throughout the season, display either a startling ignorance of football, a shameful lack of faith in BM's impeccable credentials, or a knee jerk reaction of stunning proportions.

Or probably all 3 tbf.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 16 Sep 2012 19:36

Royal Rother I have no problem with criticism of what was, on the whole, a piss poor performance.

But people who then decide (as happens year after year it seems to me) that that level of performance will therefore be replicated throughout the season, display either a startling ignorance of football, a shameful lack of faith in BM's impeccable credentials, or a knee jerk reaction of stunning proportions.

Or probably all 3 tbf.

No its from watch reading over the last 25 years

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 16 Sep 2012 19:38

ManchesterRoyals Play like we did against Chelsea and we will beat West Brom

That's my point entirely... We know we can play better and I'd rather we look shite against teams like Spurs as anything we get against them is a bonus, against WBA we need 3 points they are on our level

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 16 Sep 2012 19:38

We may be able to play better - but do you think Spurs were playing at their best? The worry is that Spurs didn't even bother putting it into second gear.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Sep 2012 19:42

ManchesterRoyals
Royal Rother I have no problem with criticism of what was, on the whole, a piss poor performance.

Or probably all 3 tbf.

Really... Then your twattishness obviously knows no bounds and I cannot come up with any good reason for me to waste another minute of my life pointing out the error of your ways.

TFFTIB.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 16 Sep 2012 19:43

Reading4eva
ManchesterRoyals Play like we did against Chelsea and we will beat West Brom

That's my point entirely... We know we can play better and I'd rather we look shite against teams like Spurs as anything we get against them is a bonus, against WBA we need 3 points they are on our level

I do hope ur right if we get beat there then i think were in trouble big time

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 16 Sep 2012 19:44

Royal Rother
ManchesterRoyals

Or probably all 3 tbf.

Really... Then your twattishness obviously knows no bounds and I cannot come up with any good reason for me to waste another minute of my life pointing out the error of your ways.

TFFTIB.

Im not even going to reply to that

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 16 Sep 2012 19:46

Thank fcuk, I was worried but now we're out of the shit I feel much better.

542 posts