I am not enjoying the Premiership

madstadblues

I am not enjoying the Premiership

by madstadblues » 24 Oct 2012 09:33

Not sure if it's me but it's more about getting through 90 minutes than enjoying the ride. Even though I diligently record MOTD and the Sky Highlights I haven't managed to bring myself to watch them or even bought a Sunday paper to savour the greater exposure. Not sure if it's a mid life crisis thing (only going to QPR for the ace Kebab shops down Loftus Road) or if it's just a bit embarassing that everyone can see we aren't very good (where as in the old days when we weren't much cop it was only between friends). I am looking forward to being convinced that my glass is actually half full and not full of P1ss!
Last edited by madstadblues on 24 Oct 2012 10:18, edited 1 time in total.

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

Re: I am not enjoying the Premiership

by HoneyRoastHoax » 24 Oct 2012 09:37

I am inclinded to agree and thats regardless if we stay up or not.

Hark back to the chelsea game, we were the better side, played brilliantly, all of a sudden with 20 mins to go their substitutes bench comes into play and we're having to face the likes of Mata with fresh legs. Who have we got to match it? Simon bloody Synagog and Hal Kayak

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 24 Oct 2012 09:39

HoneyRoastHoax Simon bloody Synagog and Hal Kayak

:|

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 24 Oct 2012 09:54

very much a case of :|

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 24 Oct 2012 09:56

Some feat by HRH to actually bring down the quality of this thread after apretty apalling opener

:| :| :| :|

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 24 Oct 2012 10:11

Valid point, poor execution, apols

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 24 Oct 2012 10:13

Most of our games being dour so far(bar the newcastle and chelsea games)with the ball mainly in our half over the 90 mins dont help matters.It kinda takes away any excitment

Maybe things will get better with the fixtures we have coming up

Warfield North Stand

by Warfield North Stand » 24 Oct 2012 10:23

I also feel a bit down. Got all excited that I could watch every game on Football First and as it stands, have not been able to bring myself to watch 1 of them. On the brightside, I personaly thought we played pretty shit for most of last season and look what happened there. Looking forward to looking forward to watching Saturday night..

phil in cornwall

by phil in cornwall » 24 Oct 2012 10:42

You missed nothing by not buying this week's newspapers. I read several reports of the Anfield game and there was no mention of Reading in them. Just Liverpool and St. Brendan.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 24 Oct 2012 10:42

As soon as the euphoria of winning the title died down, I wasn't looking forward to this season

Genuinely glad that we're crap and going down though, much prefer the Football League to Premier League

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 24 Oct 2012 10:44

It shouldn't be seen as embarrassing just because it's hard to get a foothold in this league. Currently we are among the best 20 sides in England and better than a large majority of clubs accross Europe. Embarrassing? No way Jose.

The horrendous cost of attending games is an unfortunate negative that does impact on the enjoyment somewhat. Surely the idea should be to have a real crack at it, we need to come out of our shells more often, roll up our sleeves and get stuck in. No point being here if only to be making the numbers up, we can improve. B*llocks to what the papers and pundits say.

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 24 Oct 2012 10:44

Yeah let's have a protest to relegate us now as we are never going to compete up here. I vote for Championsip mid-table obscurity forever!

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 24 Oct 2012 10:57

Fans in not enjoying football when the team is losing non shocker :roll:

Einstein agogo
Hob Nob Regular

by Einstein agogo » 24 Oct 2012 10:58

I'm in agreement
Something about the Prem seems dirty and unwashed , it's turning into a big fat gypsy on big brother. Footballers are celebs first and footballers 2nd.... :roll:
I have moved to Kent and often see highlights of Gillingham Games and I am really oxf*rd tempted to go , IT JUST SEEMS MORE real

Regarding RFC in the PREM and our San Marino mentality
I can see what BM is doing and it's obvious as plug the gaps and then build from it, and you have to say we are half way there.
Under BM we are always slow out of the blocks
I see survival as 95% probable ( wether i'll enjoy it is another matter ) :|

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 24 Oct 2012 11:02

For me it also feels like an anti climax. The thing that bugs me the most is the way Chelsea got there equaliser as did Newcastle. Some of these professional referees are poor, and some favour the bigger sides. If we go down, we will be remembered for being Fair. If a UEFA Cup spot gets given to the Fair Play team from this country this year - I can see us playing European Football, possibly in the Championship

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 24 Oct 2012 11:14

Reading4eva For me it also feels like an anti climax. The thing that bugs me the most is the way Chelsea got there equaliser as did Newcastle. Some of these professional referees are poor, and some favour the bigger sides. If we go down, we will be remembered for being Fair. If a UEFA Cup spot gets given to the Fair Play team from this country this year - I can see us playing European Football, possibly in the Championship

Yeah and I'm sure Watford fans are thrilled about that ghost goal we earned in the Championship, or the fact that Robson-Kanu probably should have seen red earlier this year.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 24 Oct 2012 11:19

These threads always seem to pop up when things aren't going quite as well.

Just you wait till we give United a good hiding in a month, then the same posters will be getting a Brian McDermott tattoo on their foreskin.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 24 Oct 2012 11:21

I said it to people at the start of the season, I prefer the Championship.

More games, cheaper, much more competitive. Anyone can beat anyone in that league.

You don't have the same teams dominating year in year out...other than us I guess.

phil in cornwall

by phil in cornwall » 24 Oct 2012 11:22

Reading4eva For me it also feels like an anti climax. The thing that bugs me the most is the way Chelsea got there equaliser as did Newcastle. Some of these professional referees are poor, and some favour the bigger sides. If we go down, we will be remembered for being Fair. If a UEFA Cup spot gets given to the Fair Play team from this country this year - I can see us playing European Football, possibly in the Championship

Were you at the Newcastle game? If so, did you see the handball? I was behind the south goal and I didn't see it. No one around me leapt up shouting 'Handball' as often happens. Give the referee a break.

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 24 Oct 2012 11:50

winchester_royal Just you wait till we give United a good hiding in a month, then the same posters will be getting a Brian McDermott tattoo on their foreskin.

Nah, not having that done again in a hurry, after our poor start to the season and lack of megabucks investment I just had mine removed...