Man Utd - back from the game

227 posts
Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Man Utd - back from the game

by Archie's penalty » 01 Dec 2012 20:13

floyd__streete Well that was jokes wasn't it. At last, a Reading game I quite enjoyed. Ok, so we are hilarious defensively - the third goal was particularly abject - but we gave it a good go throughout, finally kept some shape second half and could maybe have snatched something from it. We're very clearly going to be relegated this season so at least lets try and make the games as enjoyable as that was.

Two negtatives were Shaun Cummings - played narrow and looks out of his depth, the alternative being Gunter means we'll be weak in that position until at least January. And Federici, who made an absolute meal of a routine back pass and then set about blaming the defence. If anything summed up his miserable efforts this season it was that sorry little incident, I'd rather hope he'd be a little more circumspect and humble by now.

Yep, I noticed that, thought it was particularly twattish.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 01 Dec 2012 20:37

You've gotta have a good keeper in the prem, so important. Not much we can do about it now, but an important lesson. Tbf, there was little reason to think Feds was going to be such a liability.

I think many keepers would have saved the first Man U goal.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 01 Dec 2012 20:42

Archie's penalty
floyd__streete Well that was jokes wasn't it. At last, a Reading game I quite enjoyed. Ok, so we are hilarious defensively - the third goal was particularly abject - but we gave it a good go throughout, finally kept some shape second half and could maybe have snatched something from it. We're very clearly going to be relegated this season so at least lets try and make the games as enjoyable as that was.

Two negtatives were Shaun Cummings - played narrow and looks out of his depth, the alternative being Gunter means we'll be weak in that position until at least January. And Federici, who made an absolute meal of a routine back pass and then set about blaming the defence. If anything summed up his miserable efforts this season it was that sorry little incident, I'd rather hope he'd be a little more circumspect and humble by now.

Yep, I noticed that, thought it was particularly twattish.

"Cmon guys, you know I can't handle that type of pressure..."

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 01 Dec 2012 20:48

Norfolk Royal You've gotta have a good keeper in the prem, so important. Not much we can do about it now, but an important lesson. Tbf, there was little reason to think Feds was going to be such a liability.

I think many keepers would have saved the first Man U goal.

Yep. Even though I don't like to agree with Ideal he looks over-weight and immobile. I might even start Andersen.

Great Knolly

by Great Knolly » 01 Dec 2012 20:54

Plucky little Reading again. Might have won that with McCarthy . How long's he out for ?

Ok, he scored, but I remain unconvinced by HRK . Pog offers nothing again.

Adding McCarthy, Karacan, Guthrie, Kebe ought to improve things.

Optimist

by Optimist » 01 Dec 2012 20:55

Can't be disappointed by losing to the odd goal vs Man Utd. We showed much more composure on the ball today, passing out from the back and not rushing and hoofing. Biggest weakness was Pogrebnyak, offered oxf*rd all and did nothing. Still think we can haul ourselves up a few places, only class teams will beat us if we play like that every week.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 01 Dec 2012 20:56

Great Knolly
Ok, he scored, but I remain unconvinced by HRK .

Thats got to be the worst comment tonight HRK was awesome today

lolwut

by lolwut » 01 Dec 2012 20:56

Great Knolly
Ok, he scored, but I remain unconvinced by HRK .

:?: best reading player for 70 minutes

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 01 Dec 2012 20:57

Can't complain too much tbf.

Didn't think you could blame cummings today, even though he was getting rinsed by Cole & Evra for much of the game

Tabb, HRK, Shorey, Morrison, & Jobi all had very good games.

Tad disappointed with Roberts and Alf not chasing down their defence at all in the 2nd half

At the end of the day, ManU looked able to score whenever they fancied and 2nd half came out and took control of the game, killing it dead. Fair play

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 01 Dec 2012 21:00

floyd__streete Well that was jokes wasn't it. At last, a Reading game I quite enjoyed. Ok, so we are hilarious defensively - the third goal was particularly abject - but we gave it a good go throughout, finally kept some shape second half and could maybe have snatched something from it. We're very clearly going to be relegated this season so at least lets try and make the games as enjoyable as that was. This was a million times better than the rubbish we served up at Villa, although we clearly raised our game today. United were generous with their defending as well, they will win the league this season but this is hardly one of their great sides of all time!

This - end of

Optimist

by Optimist » 01 Dec 2012 21:03

One of Hal's best performances in an RFC shirt.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 01 Dec 2012 21:06

Optimist One of Hal's best performances in an RFC shirt.

Don't rate him at all, never have. But he was f*cking brilliant today

Finally running at pace at his defender rather than skipping along slowly and trying his rubbish trickery

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 01 Dec 2012 21:13

John Madejski's Wallet

Finally running at pace at his defender rather than skipping along slowly and trying his rubbish trickery
Really ive always rated hrk. Im curious about that penalty, was it a legit penalty or just the refs favoring united.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by John Madejski's Wallet » 01 Dec 2012 21:18

USA_Loyal_Royal Really ive always rated hrk. Im curious about that penalty, was it a legit penalty or just the refs favoring united.

Blatant pen. Utterly stupid from Tabb as the player was going nowhere

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 01 Dec 2012 21:18

USA_Loyal_Royal
John Madejski's Wallet

Really ive always rated hrk. Im curious about that penalty, was it a legit penalty or just the refs favoring united.

clear push in the back, Evans didn`t need a second invitation to go down.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 01 Dec 2012 21:24

A for Effort but F for Ability.

All our wealknesses were on show for all to see

Feds - Averages a mistake a game and is a total liability. He will cost us a goal a game. With MaCarthy out it is difficult to believe he is the best option we have. Paul Robinson looks like he will be availabel in Jan, if Brian doesn´t trust the other keepers on he books, we could do a lot worse than him.

Right Back - 2 of Man U´s 3 goals from open play came from this side. Neither Cummings or Gunter appear anything other than average Chump players and continue to cost us points. Unless we address this we will finish the season with less than 20 points as all teams will have to do is hit it to their left flank and their players will have time to deliver again and again. Cummings played so narrow at times, I thought he was playing as a CB. This is Brian´fault and should have been addressed some time ago.

Central Midfield - Great effort and both did OK for their repesctive abilities, but unfortunately they are not good enough for the Prem and offer no creativity going forward and very little protection for the defence. We canot compete in this division if we have League1/Chump players in the middle of the park.

Some positives is that Alf looked lively again and HRK looks like he is developing into a good player. He will be vital for us next season if we are to mount a promotion campaign.

We are as good as relegated now, and have been for some time. I see no way of coming back from this. We were never expected to win games like todays they will not dictate our season, but the defeats top Wigan and Villa do as well as the numerous dropped points from winning positions and draws.

I feel it is such a shame to have wasted all that hard work in getting to the Prem by never even giving it a go when we got there. If the Board have any slight intentions of even trying to keep us up, sorry and sad to say it, but they have got to replace Brian as he is clearly void of ideas and looks more out of his depth every week.

jellytot

by jellytot » 01 Dec 2012 21:26

We lost again! Must beat either southampton on sunderland or we will bottom soon. If we cannot get wins from those then i am afraid Brian saying we are close will have been spent. Then fire him!

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 01 Dec 2012 21:30

floyd__streete
Two negtatives were Shaun Cummings - played narrow and looks out of his depth, the alternative being Gunter means we'll be weak in that position until at least January.

Not necessarily. Mariappa, who had a reasonable game can play on the right and bring Pearce into the middle. Probably the best combination and could be far better than the current set up.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 01 Dec 2012 21:34

Big Ern I feel it is such a shame to have wasted all that hard work in getting to the Prem by never even giving it a go when we got there. If the Board have any slight intentions of even trying to keep us up, sorry and sad to say it, but they have got to replace Brian as he is clearly void of ideas and looks more out of his depth every week.

Any examples today specifically of McD looking out of his depth? Agree with the rest of the post though.

sputnik
Hob Nob Regular
Location: HNA? Prediction League Champion 2014-15, 2018-19, 2021-22

by sputnik » 01 Dec 2012 21:34

A very enjoyable game and a good evening out at the Mad Stad. Obviously disappointed that we didn't grab an equaliser, but it was definitely a vast improvement on the Villa game. Tabb had another excellent game, and I thought Leigertwood was better with the ball, not giving it away needlessly. Our wingers threatened, Hal was particularly impressive. I don't recall much in the way of hoofing either.
Shame our defence is letting us down.

227 posts