BFTG -Crawley

310 posts
Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG -Crawley

by Compo's Hat » 07 Jan 2013 07:01

Just LOLz at the overreaction of some on here.

Thames

by Thames » 07 Jan 2013 09:16

I hope the families are scared off. They should stay in the west stand and not go away. Families shouldn't go to away games. Away games are designed for people that want to get drunk and shout around.

If I was a father with my son at football I'd be encouraging him to get stuck in anyway. I'd rather him be a hooligan than clapping rumblestix together.

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 07 Jan 2013 09:26

Royal91 Don't know where to throw this, but why does Oliver Holt have a hatred against Reading?

Because we cost Chelsea the title in 2008.

The Beardy Man

by The Beardy Man » 07 Jan 2013 09:32

working class hero
I don't have s thesaurus handy but suspect lad is a synonym for tosspot, and laddish for moronic.

This x1000. Always thought people who self identify as 'Lads' are a handy shorthand for the rest of us to think of them as idiots...

Warfield North Stand

by Warfield North Stand » 07 Jan 2013 09:32

The 1st incident was incited by a very well known Northstander who in the 20 odd years I have been following Reading, I don't think I have ever seen him sober!! He got pummuled and probably rightly so.

It was obviously a "lads" day out Saturday. I know many of the older lot by face and it is fair to say a good few of them I haven't seen in a while. I was there with my 8 year old who I had to sit on the top of the terracing bar while holding him all game beacause of these plebs as once they all turned up, he couldn't see a thing. I was about 10 yards from the fight so at no point was I concerned about my boy. As others have said though, there were young kids standing at the front right next to it all so it really was not on.
It must of been a very exciting moment for this "mob", as most of them spent the rest of the 1st half talking about it!!

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 07 Jan 2013 09:37

He must have felt a right ass if he got pummuled.

General B
Hob Nob Regular

by General B » 07 Jan 2013 09:44

Warfield North Stand The 1st incident was incited by a very well known Northstander who in the 20 odd years I have been following Reading, I don't think I have ever seen him sober!!

*nothing to see here*

Either way, anyone who says they don't like watching a bit of trouble on the terraces is either lying or queer. Or both.
Last edited by General B on 07 Jan 2013 11:32, edited 1 time in total.

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 07 Jan 2013 09:45

Think this is most appropriate for this thread for the over-reactors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsYJyVEUaC4

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 07 Jan 2013 09:51

I was standing just behind the group in question and to be honest I thought the worst thing they did was boo Guthrie when he came on. There were a couple of kids standing next to us who wanted to stand right up the front where they were and they can't have been that bad or ruining the family experience because the kid's dad took him to stand with that group and they made space for him so he could see.

The only real troublemaker was the drunk middle-aged bloke who took a swing at a kid for what looked like no reason. Obviously there was a slight reaction and one of the kids little mates (who looked about 15 and it looked like it was the first day his mum let him out with his friends) tried to hit him back before the stewards jumped in a rightly dragged him away. The Police liaison said that he'd been ejected for violence already this season and he was kept in a cell overnight at least.

Not sure what happened with the other two ejections, they were after our second and third goals and one was a middle aged bloke that I have no idea where he came from, and most of us thought he was a crawley fan at the time. He was dragged away by the stewards but put up a fight and was trying to climb back over, nothing awful though. The third guy was the only one I'd describe as young and looked surprised to find himself on the pitch, it looked accidental and I thought the stewards were just going to let him jump back over which would have been fine. He was smiling and friendly to the Asian steward who was the only one interested in trying to drag him away aggressively, he seemed to be trying to reason with him and the steward just acted like a bit of a dick to be honest. The steward made the guy a bit pissed off and he stopped and said a few cross words but the Police were right next to him and didn't really batter an eyelid so can't have been anything bad.

Didn't hear anything racist, although the Asian steward did get some abuse for his heavyhandedness but that was in contrast to the steward with glasses who was applauded by everyone on that side of the stand for earlier ejecting the drunk guy who threw a punch.

The advertising thing, well they were plasticard boards that fell off rather than being ripped off. One guy in the North Stand waved one above his head vertically in a particularly boring patch towards the end of the game and then handed it to the steward. Then the 16 year olds in the corner copied him and passed two above their heads horizontally without thinking that above their heads was head height for the people behind them. The steward tried to take them away and they got into a tugging match which made it more dangerous for the people behind and caught one unlucky guy by surprise but thats what happens when 16 year olds drink, they act like children. It was silly but nothing more.

For the most part they were good natured, had a good joke with the subs warming up, especially chants of "we all hate the Millwall" and "you're just a shit James Henry" to Church who took it in the spirit it was intended and tweeted about it after. The Crawley subs were good fun too, especially Sergio Torres who laughed at the Jimmy Bullard chant. The comments at Ugwu were lame and I felt sorry for him because he's decent and our fans should be backing him when he manages to get involved with the first team.

Definite overreaction from a couple on here, the only idiot was the middle-aged bloke who was dealt with properly.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 07 Jan 2013 09:59

Crawley Police have charged that guy, will be at Crawley Magistrates Court later this month.

They said "one naughty person in a crowd of 6000 is not bad", so yeah, definite overreaction on here.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 07 Jan 2013 10:45

SPARTA
scumbag I'm a bigger fan of the more sophisticated 'Sean Morrison, Sean Morrison, we bought him from the scum, he's sleeping with your Mum, Sean Morrison, Sean Morrison' as heard at Charlton away in the league cup.

There's not enough :| for this.

:roll:

joyless dullard

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 07 Jan 2013 10:49

Royal91 Don't know where to throw this, but why does Oliver Holt have a hatred against Reading?

He was having a pop at Le Fondre yesterday on twitter. :lol:

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 07 Jan 2013 10:53

General B
Warfield North Stand The 1st incident was incited by a very well known Northstander who in the 20 odd years I have been following Reading, I don't think I have ever seen him sober!!

Burns Burns was there...?

Either way, anyone who says they don't like watching a bit of trouble on the terraces is either lying or queer. Or both.

Exactly - everyone loves watching a dust up apart from maybe women and young kids (and even some of them love it).

pea has got it about right with his summary if anyone actually cares.

The third ejection was entirely the decision of the Abu Hamza steward. I think the lad might even have been pushed over the rail by his mates and was trying to get back in. The stewards would've let him but the Asian guy said "get him outside, get him outside" and piled in. Totally pointless which is why he rightly got abuse down in the corner.

Anyway, bored of this now.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 07 Jan 2013 11:27

'Greed.

I had a shocker yesterday.

We move on.

reading_fan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by reading_fan » 07 Jan 2013 11:32

Back to the football.

Saturday was a great little away day. Decent bar in the home stand for a pint before the game, free parking and an away win. Great being back on the terrace and the atmosphere was decent where I was stood (left of the goal). Thought the boys did well to react from the early goal, especially on the boggy pitch, and we did well to get through a tricky tie unscathed. McCleary looked good down the wing, HRK did ok down the left as well. Harte was given a roasting by his tricky little winger, who I thought looked very good, and scored a nice goal too. Cummings was disappointing, but the back four as a whole gave Fedders little protection in the first half. Jem was reasonable through the middle, and the front two looked fairly sharp. We still give the ball away far too easily, and resort to lumping it too quickly, but on the odd occasion we played a bit of football, we looked nearer to the Premier League side we are meant to be, and the second goal was very well worked from back to front - something we've not seen enough of this season.

With the kind draw in round 4 this could be the start of another decent run in the Cup, which will hopefully in turn help the league results.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 07 Jan 2013 11:34

pea I was standing just behind the group in question and to be honest I thought the worst thing they did was boo Guthrie when he came on. There were a couple of kids standing next to us who wanted to stand right up the front where they were and they can't have been that bad or ruining the family experience because the kid's dad took him to stand with that group and they made space for him so he could see.

The only real troublemaker was the drunk middle-aged bloke who took a swing at a kid for what looked like no reason. Obviously there was a slight reaction and one of the kids little mates (who looked about 15 and it looked like it was the first day his mum let him out with his friends) tried to hit him back before the stewards jumped in a rightly dragged him away. The Police liaison said that he'd been ejected for violence already this season and he was kept in a cell overnight at least.

Not sure what happened with the other two ejections, they were after our second and third goals and one was a middle aged bloke that I have no idea where he came from, and most of us thought he was a crawley fan at the time. He was dragged away by the stewards but put up a fight and was trying to climb back over, nothing awful though. The third guy was the only one I'd describe as young and looked surprised to find himself on the pitch, it looked accidental and I thought the stewards were just going to let him jump back over which would have been fine. He was smiling and friendly to the Asian steward who was the only one interested in trying to drag him away aggressively, he seemed to be trying to reason with him and the steward just acted like a bit of a dick to be honest. The steward made the guy a bit pissed off and he stopped and said a few cross words but the Police were right next to him and didn't really batter an eyelid so can't have been anything bad.

Didn't hear anything racist, although the Asian steward did get some abuse for his heavyhandedness but that was in contrast to the steward with glasses who was applauded by everyone on that side of the stand for earlier ejecting the drunk guy who threw a punch.

The advertising thing, well they were plasticard boards that fell off rather than being ripped off. One guy in the North Stand waved one above his head vertically in a particularly boring patch towards the end of the game and then handed it to the steward. Then the 16 year olds in the corner copied him and passed two above their heads horizontally without thinking that above their heads was head height for the people behind them. The steward tried to take them away and they got into a tugging match which made it more dangerous for the people behind and caught one unlucky guy by surprise but thats what happens when 16 year olds drink, they act like children. It was silly but nothing more.

For the most part they were good natured, had a good joke with the subs warming up, especially chants of "we all hate the Millwall" and "you're just a shit James Henry" to Church who took it in the spirit it was intended and tweeted about it after. The Crawley subs were good fun too, especially Sergio Torres who laughed at the Jimmy Bullard chant. The comments at Ugwu were lame and I felt sorry for him because he's decent and our fans should be backing him when he manages to get involved with the first team.

Definite overreaction from a couple on here, the only idiot was the middle-aged bloke who was dealt with properly.

An accurate summary, fair play. In my booze-fuelled haziness yesterday I'd forgotten about the banter and chat with Sergio Torres, he was good value. There was another Crawley sub warming up with him who had a right stroppy face on and so got ripped for that and even Torres was creasing up laughing :mrgreen:

Re: Guthrie - fack him. He's made his bed and can lie in it.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 07 Jan 2013 15:05

Maguire I think the lad might even have been pushed over the rail by his mates and was trying to get back in.

LOL he was! As it was his birthday weekend and were all absolutely steaming, thought throwing him over the barrier would be the perfect gift. Till the Asian gentlemen decided to get his Hulk Hogan on. Kunt

As for the fella who took a few digs, he was off his rocker on ket and being an absolute pest all day, weren't suprised to see it in the slightest. Even his m8's thought he was being a bell..

Massive lulz at the tears being shed over all this though.. Was a top, top day!!

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 07 Jan 2013 15:09

Compo's Hat Just LOLz at the overreaction of some on here.

All stirred up by paultheroyal and Ian Royal unsurprisingly.

Did the trouble sound naughty on the radio?

teaforme

by teaforme » 07 Jan 2013 15:15

add a K before the N and an S after the B and this sounds much better for people on this site!

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 07 Jan 2013 15:23

Thames I hope the families are scared off. They should stay in the west stand and not go away. Families shouldn't go to away games. Away games are designed for people that want to get drunk and shout around.

If I was a father with my son at football I'd be encouraging him to get stuck in anyway. I'd rather him be a hooligan than clapping rumblestix together.

:lol:

cant wait for you te be a dad, so i can see this in action

310 posts