BFTG -Crawley

310 posts
Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG -Crawley

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 05 Jan 2013 19:29

paultheroyal And then to top it off... Ripping up the advertising hoarding and chucking it into your own fans. Hitting a gentleman square on the forehead and cutting him.

Yeah, that was a mate of mine. Luckily it wasn't too bad a cut and didn't need stitching, but an inch in the other direction on it would have been the corner of the hoarding right in his eye, which would not have ended well. It was still bleeding on the drive home.

No idea what the earlier trouble was though, especially as the fans seemed delighted with the actions of one of the stewards who took the guy out.
Last edited by Rev Algenon Stickleback H on 05 Jan 2013 19:30, edited 1 time in total.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 05 Jan 2013 19:30

SPARTA
Defending is Morrison's main responsibility, and he did it well today. His passing was poor though. Guthrie's main responsibility is passing the ball... and he was careless on a number of occasions by trying to be too flash with the outside of his foot.

Twice =/= 'a number' of times

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 05 Jan 2013 19:35

winchester_royal
SPARTA
Defending is Morrison's main responsibility, and he did it well today. His passing was poor though. Guthrie's main responsibility is passing the ball... and he was careless on a number of occasions by trying to be too flash with the outside of his foot.

Do you want a date or something?

Guthrie gave the ball away three times off the top of my head. Two of those were by being too casual and trying ambitious outside of the foot passes. I'm not anti-Guthrie, I've been fighting his corner for the most part, but he could have been a lot better today that's all.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 05 Jan 2013 19:37

He wasn't perfect, no, but I thought singling him out for criticism was harsh.

Plus apparently it's the day for Reading fans going after each other so I wanted to carry on the trend

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 05 Jan 2013 19:38

SPARTA
winchester_royal
SPARTA

Do you want a date or something?

Guthrie gave the ball away three times off the top of my head.

He should pass to feet rather than play it in the air, then...

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 05 Jan 2013 19:42

AthleticoSpizz
paultheroyal A minority of our fans were a disgrace today. Made me so angry. Such snippets include...

Racist shouting at the steward (despite him carry out his duties)
Hillsborough / Liverpool chanting when trying to get into the ground
Calling Guthrie a oxf*rd when warming up
Young lad ugwu warming up to the shouts of "who the oxf*rd are you"
And then to top it off... Ripping up the advertising hoarding and chucking it into your own fans. Hitting a gentleman square on the forehead and cutting him. Total mongs and yes I know some of you are nobbers!
Fans getting kicked out at a club like Crawley - embarrassing. Might of even been scrapping amongst ourselves.

Oh no, forgot, it was for the LOLS! (accept its the minority but bloody hell your embarrassing and grown men too)
what a f11cking shame.....we are still sooo dick-head pack mentality 1970's given the chance

Not a good thing for the "safe standing" campaigners

Some of those wanna- be pcunts were proper blow your house down plebs. Lols at attempting to act with a big town/ small town mentality and telling each other the fables while blowing each other in the bike sheds.
In relation to being named faces - fcuking hell. :lol: it's a sad existance.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 05 Jan 2013 19:45

http://t.co/elqEVSCa

Spotted - Simon Cowell

Kebe is our Messi

by Kebe is our Messi » 05 Jan 2013 19:52

Thought we were very average today to be honest. Crawley should have been 2-0 easily before we scored, they were the ones playing the football. Better second half, Le fondre was probably our outstanding player, great touches and fantastic penalty. Mccleary also had a good game.

Morrison and harte were particularly poor mind, the amount of times Morrison hoofed the ball into nowhere was so poor. Guthrie didn't do much either when he came on, gave the ball away at least 3 times.

Overall i think it was a case of getting through and we've done that.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 05 Jan 2013 19:56

Kebe is our Messi Thought we were very average today to be honest. Crawley should have been 2-0 easily before we scored, they were the ones playing the football. Better second half, Le fondre was probably our outstanding player, great touches and fantastic penalty. Mccleary also had a good game.

Morrison and harte were particularly poor mind, the amount of times Morrison hoofed the ball into nowhere was so poor. Guthrie didn't do much either when he came on, gave the ball away at least 3 times.

Overall i think it was a case of getting through and we've done that.

Fedders clearly took one for the team on the one to one. Good man and brave for committing.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 Jan 2013 19:57

just dont say that in front of Woodcote etc

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 05 Jan 2013 19:59

Will it be a Scanners moment.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 05 Jan 2013 20:06

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZhh0Xjm ... e=youtu.be

Someone getting kicked out after 0:36

(Also, more importantly, view of Le Fondre penalty)
Last edited by LoyalRoyalFan on 05 Jan 2013 20:08, edited 1 time in total.

sputnik
Hob Nob Regular
Location: HNA? Prediction League Champion 2014-15, 2018-19, 2021-22

by sputnik » 05 Jan 2013 20:08

An enjoyable day out at a very welcoming club, perhaps the best I've encountered at an away game. Really good to see home and away fans mingling together in the Redz Bar before the game. Why can't all matches be like this ?
A cracking atmosphere behind the goal. I haven't enjoyed a good sing like that for a while. Nice to be on the terraces again.
As for the match itself, I didn't think we were great on the pitch. Job done, but no real stand out performances. A few decent players in the Crawley team as well, on another day they might have beaten us.
Pity about the idiots misbehaving near the corner flag. Shame on you.
Aldershot away in round four please.

Twix

by Twix » 05 Jan 2013 20:16

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
paultheroyal And then to top it off... Ripping up the advertising hoarding and chucking it into your own fans. Hitting a gentleman square on the forehead and cutting him.

Yeah, that was a mate of mine. Luckily it wasn't too bad a cut and didn't need stitching, but an inch in the other direction on it would have been the corner of the hoarding right in his eye, which would not have ended well. It was still bleeding on the drive home.

No idea what the earlier trouble was though, especially as the fans seemed delighted with the actions of one of the stewards who took the guy out.

From what I could see the first incident was a middle-aged man starting on a teenager and nobody likes a bully so his ejection was cheered (as was the stewards reaction to getting cheered), as the teenager wasn't chucked out I assume it was all the older guys fault. I didn't really see the second one but it looked like more of the same from another older guy.
The third was for a man going over (or through?) the advertising hoardings, it looked like an accident from where I was as he ended up on the floor and tried to hop back over.

Throwing the advertising boards around was stupid especially as Crawley treated us well all day, I don't think people were supposed to be standing along the front as that was a gangway that had yellow lines painted on it but they allowed it. They were also fine with fans drinking together in colours beforehand and didn't even take the lids off soft-drink bottles.
As already said no wonder most clubs treat supporters like potential hooligans and block safe standing areas if people act like that when treated well.

Anyway apart from that it was decent performance and atmosphere and it's always nice to be back on a terrace.
Last edited by Twix on 05 Jan 2013 20:32, edited 1 time in total.

polypody

by polypody » 05 Jan 2013 20:28

Important to get a win today. I realise the Premiership is the priority, which is the response many would have given if RFC had lost to Crawley. I agree staying in the Premiership is # 1 on the Royals agenda but a win in any competition is important, it must give the team confidence. Today's match against Crawley was a banana skin waiting to happen & the Royals proved those wanting to see a 'giant killing' wrong. So here's to round four of the cup, a home tie against another Premiership team would do nicely. Anything that will bring in a large crowd to boost the coffers. Pity Swindon weren't still in the cup though!!

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 05 Jan 2013 20:37

polypody Important to get a win today. I realise the Premiership is the priority, which is the response many would have given if RFC had lost to Crawley. I agree staying in the Premiership is # 1 on the Royals agenda but a win in any competition is important, it must give the team confidence. Today's match against Crawley was a banana skin waiting to happen & the Royals proved those wanting to see a 'giant killing' wrong. So here's to round four of the cup, a home tie against another Premiership team would do nicely. Anything that will bring in a large crowd to boost the coffers. Pity Swindon weren't still in the cup though!!

A home tie against a PL side wont really boost the coffers, as both clubs split the attendance fee down the middle.

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 05 Jan 2013 20:48

As a regular at away games, I found the attitude of a minority of our fans was an absolute oxf*rd disgrace. You couldn't wish for a nice venue for a game yet some people treated it like a chance to act the hard men in the abscence of anyone who'd put them in their place :twisted:

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 05 Jan 2013 20:48

“Crawley looked a very good side in the first 14 seconds.'

Brian damns Crawley with faint praise in his post match interview.

robbieroyal

by robbieroyal » 05 Jan 2013 20:50

Irvinchangeyaname As a regular at away games, I found the attitude of a minority of our fans was an absolute oxf*rd disgrace. You couldn't wish for a nice venue for a game yet some people treated it like a chance to act the hard men in the abscence of anyone who'd put them in their place :twisted:

Could not agree more! Who are these people?

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 05 Jan 2013 20:52

Tbf there were warnings of a possible away trip for The Scorpions. They're a cancer on the club I love.

310 posts