Local Derby

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Local Derby

by Ian Royal » 08 Jan 2013 12:17

No Fixed Abode
Ian Royal
red and blue No mate its still shots vs reading scum

TBH mate, most of our fans under the age of 20 probably can't spell aldershot, let alone give a flying one about any rivalry. And I suspect not many under 30 see us as having a big rivalry with you.

Personally the only local (ish) club I really dislike are Swindon. I'm actually quite fond of Oxford, although I'll go through the pantomime nonsense for a laugh.

Most Reading fans always want the Shots in the cup thought Ian. So you're talking bullshit again.

I'd like Aldershot in the cup, doesn't mean I give a flying one about a rivalry with them. It's a local team We've never played a competitive match against.

Toxteth O'Grady (USA)

by Toxteth O'Grady (USA) » 08 Jan 2013 12:26

quote] I'd like Aldershot in the cup, doesn't mean I give a flying one about a rivalry with them. It's a local team We've never played a competitive match against.[/quote]

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Maybe they are a different legal entity now, but I was mascot on Boxing Day '88 against Aldershot. I got to say, it was pretty competitive. Great over head scissors kick by the legend that is Micky Tait.

Royal Dee

by Royal Dee » 08 Jan 2013 12:50

The rivalry is only for aldersh*t. I met an aldersh*t fan at uni and was shocked to find out how much he hates us even though he was only 18 and never watched an aldersh*t Reading game in his life. The way I see it most aldershot fans are closet Reading fans since they spend half their time talking about us on their forums and singing about us at games... It would be their cup final if we ever played them. Swindon are the closest thing to our rivals as for aldersh*t we might as well start a rivalry with Reading town.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 08 Jan 2013 13:05

I went to Wycombe v Luton a few seasons ago and as soon as I walked in the home end, the Wycombe fans were singing "We hate Reading and we hate Reading"...

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 08 Jan 2013 13:06

No Fixed Abode I went to Wycombe v Luton a few seasons ago and as soon as I walked in the home end, the Wycombe fans were singing "We hate Reading and we hate Reading"...

Lies.

General B
Hob Nob Regular

by General B » 08 Jan 2013 13:07

Most Reading supporters I know in actual real life would definitely still consider Aldershot to be rivals.

I imagine most of the dribbling spacklords on here would say something embarrassing like West Ham.

Oh.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 08 Jan 2013 13:51

I went to Aldershot v Newbury in the mid 90s. Big crowd for a promotion decider. Right on kick off a load of squadies rolled up to where i was standing, beers in hand, chanting about stabbing Reading fans. I did a poo in my pants.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 08 Jan 2013 13:54

I would like to see us play this new incarnation of the Shit sooner rather than later as no doubt they will drop to their rightful place soon (Non League)

M0J0

by M0J0 » 08 Jan 2013 14:48

Ian Royal
I'd like Aldershot in the cup, doesn't mean I give a flying one about a rivalry with them. It's a local team We've never played a competitive match against.

Oh dear, how young you all are, ???????????????? never played a competitive match against...............I remember watching the

biscuits play the shots many times in the 50s and 60s, in the 50s we were 3rd div south and played each other many times

and in those days the railways ran football specials, they had to stop running them in later years as the hooligans

(you know who you are ) wrecked them most match days. Ripped out seats smashed windows terrorised platform staff

The shots are our true "local rivals" and the "recreation" is a badly draining muddy shite hole. and I for one miss

the good old days.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 08 Jan 2013 14:51

M0J0
Ian Royal

Oh dear, how young you all are, ???????????????? never played a competitive match against...............I remember watching the

biscuits play the shots many times in the 50s and 60s, in the 50s we were 3rd div south and played each other many times

and in those days the railways ran football specials, they had to stop running them in later years as the hooligans

(you know who you are ) wrecked them most match days. Ripped out seats smashed windows terrorised platform staff

The shots are our true "local rivals" and the "recreation" is a badly draining muddy shite hole. and I for one miss

the good old days.

Shall i do the "whoosh" or does someone else want to?

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 08 Jan 2013 14:51

Focher i know Aldershot are our 'main rivals' from history, but from personal experience ive seen the best violence in order:

Swindon
Oxford
Bournemouth
Aldershot

And the was me thinking it was about the football.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 08 Jan 2013 15:07

General B Most Reading supporters I know in actual real life would definitely still consider Aldershot to be rivals.

I imagine most of the dribbling spacklords on here would say something embarrassing like West Ham.

Oh.

I find either to be an embarrasing assertation.

Swindon, Swindon and Swindon - in that order.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 08 Jan 2013 15:20

West Ham for me.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 08 Jan 2013 15:31

Its never just about the football. hth.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 08 Jan 2013 15:35

tbf, previous to the move to the madejski it cant have been about the footy much at all.

twas the drinking, the cameraderie,gallows humour, the banter, the singing(lol), and occasional glimpses of aggro that sold the club to me

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 08 Jan 2013 15:40

We don't even sing about them, fallen into obscurity so I doubt most our fanbase would even know there was meant to be a rivalry there these days.

Its far funner having relevant rivalries these days, even if they are only temporary. I'd much rather play a Warnock team or West Ham in the cup than try to get excited about 20 aldershot fans coming to the Madejski and chanting about how their grandparents thought we were horrid.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 08 Jan 2013 15:50

When was the last time that you went to a game with the feeling that the oppo fans REALLY hated us?

Aldershot is the only place where I have felt that. Swindon & Oxford were nasty at times, but I always felt it was us hating them and not the other way round.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 08 Jan 2013 15:52

Wolves... there not local but we dont like them and they dont like us

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 08 Jan 2013 16:18

LoyalRoyalFan
No Fixed Abode I went to Wycombe v Luton a few seasons ago and as soon as I walked in the home end, the Wycombe fans were singing "We hate Reading and we hate Reading"...

Lies.

Why would anyone lie about that? :lol:

Anyway, it was this game. Took us ages to get out of Reading due to Festival traffic.

http://www.11v11.com/matches/wycombe-wa ... 2000-1030/

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 08 Jan 2013 16:22

Tony Le Mesmer I went to Aldershot v Newbury in the mid 90s. Big crowd for a promotion decider. Right on kick off a load of squadies rolled up to where i was standing, beers in hand, chanting about stabbing Reading fans. I did a poo in my pants.

Probably the same squaddies who turned up in the pub in Aldershot the day of the friendly and smashed the place up and beat the shit out of some Reading fans. Someone I was with got whacked around the head with a kosh. Nice cut on the back of his head.