BFTG Wigan

314 posts
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: BFTG Wigan

by RoyalBlue » 23 Feb 2013 19:07

Incidentally, which of our January signings is of a similar quality to Scharner?

Hammond, McDermott and co take note!

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 23 Feb 2013 19:08

I read with a wee smile that McDermott says they won't appeal Pogs red card, "we've got players to come in and they will be hungry" have I missed something did we sign someone in the window that hasn't been announced yet ?? Church no way good enough, Hunt two foot midget, Blackman unproven third division player, we so use these transfer windows to the best of our ability ..............................Premier experienced players we were promised and as usual that turned out to be a load of bollox as well !!

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 23 Feb 2013 19:09

RoyalBlue Incidentally, which of our January signings is of a similar quality to Scharner?

Hammond, McDermott and co take note!

According to BM there all Prem Quality :P

Carlos

by Carlos » 23 Feb 2013 19:10

I can't understand how people can complaint about others attacking Pog. This guy is on a reported £65,000 a week. He isn't a player we brought up from the championship. He is meant to be a proven attacker, and ok being isolated is an issue but he should be showing at least glimpses of quality for the money we're paying him.

I can count on one hand how many times I have seen moments of pure quality, whereas I can count on both hands and feet the amount of times he has looked like an utter carthorse!

scumbag

by scumbag » 23 Feb 2013 19:12

Federici - Ok
Kelly - Ok
Marriappa - Shit
Morrison - Shit
Harte - Very Shit
Kebe - Shit but i love him
Leigertwood - Shit
Akpan - Ok
Karacan - Shit
McAnuff - Captain Shit
Pogrebnyak - Idiot

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 23 Feb 2013 19:12

Carlos I can't understand how people can complaint about others attacking Pog. This guy is on a reported £65,000 a week. He isn't a player we brought up from the championship. He is meant to be a proven attacker, and ok being isolated is an issue but he should be showing at least glimpses of quality for the money we're paying him.

I can count on one hand how many times I have seen moments of pure quality, whereas I can count on both hands and feet the amount of times he has looked like an utter carthorse!

you are more than welcome to have an opinion, even if its a load of shit

Carlos

by Carlos » 23 Feb 2013 19:14

Good comeback WIndermere. I stand corrected!

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 23 Feb 2013 19:15

Just to clarify my earlier post agreeing that the only positive is Pogrebnyak being banned. The positive is not so much the fact he is banned, more the fact we will now almost certainly be forced to play 4-4-2. Not going to lie though, I would rather have Le Fondre and Pog upfront than Le Fondre and Hunt, but the FA Cup performance against United proved there is hope with that pairing and 4-4-2.

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 23 Feb 2013 19:16

Federici - 7 Probably our best player, and still conceded 3 goals. Worrying really!

Kelly - 6 Looked solid enough and wasn't afraid to put a tackle in, I think in the second half, the stats will show he had more tackles alone than the rest of the team put together.
Marriappa - 4 Caught out at the back too many times.
Morrison - 4 Caught out of position for the 3rd, caught out on the ball for the 2nd. Very poor performance.
Harte - 4 Not a great performance, caught out of position for the 2nd, we really need a new LB in summer.

Kebe - 6 Looked good up until the first goal, anonymous after that.
Leigertwood - 4 Was one of our better midfielders (Not saying much), and struggles on the ball with short passes as often he has no option but to go backwards or long as the rest of the midfield give him no options. Played one or two fantastic long balls mind.
Akpan - 6 Looked alright during the first half, and made a few good runs.
Karacan - 3 Honestly not sure what he brings to the first XI, runs around a lot, but that's it. Can't pass well, can't tackle, can't shoot. Has been poor since his injury, please drop him.
McAnuff - 4 Was looking like he might have the beating of the Wigan RB, but when he did beat him the one or two times, made the wrong decision on the final ball.

Pogrebnyak - 4 Isolated up front, living off scraps the entire game, and pretty much the entire season. Red card seemingly out of frustration I think.

No idea on the subs tbh, didn't notice them whatsoever.

Utterly disgusted, that performance was shameful. As everyone was saying, the performance and stank of Fulham in 2008 when we lost 2-0. Perennial home chokers.

Twix

by Twix » 23 Feb 2013 19:17

l0y4l R0y4l I don't know how some of the posters on here can be so short sighted?

How can Pogrebneyak being banned for three matches be a positive? He had scraps to feed off AGAIN today. He has the hardest job in the team in playing up top Isolated on his own. I feel our recent decent run of form has mirrored that of his own.

Knock him at your peril, You will all be eating your words when we have Noel Hunt leading the line against Everton.

But yes his dismisal and pathetic lash out was a huge blot on his Reading career.

There was one notable moment where he held the ball up well but was the only Reading over the half-way line with nobody busting a gut to help him, what are you meant to do in that sort of situation?

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 23 Feb 2013 19:19

Carlos I can't understand how people can complaint about others attacking Pog. This guy is on a reported £65,000 a week. He isn't a player we brought up from the championship. He is meant to be a proven attacker, and ok being isolated is an issue but he should be showing at least glimpses of quality for the money we're paying him.

Pretty much agree with that post but he is on around £30-40k a week not £65k. Still, Alex Pearce is probably thinking, if he is worth £40k per week then I'm worth at least that much. And to be fair, he has got a point.
Last edited by RoyallyFcuked on 23 Feb 2013 21:15, edited 1 time in total.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 23 Feb 2013 19:22

The Pog does not suit a a 4-5-1 game plan. When you play 4-5-1 you need a striker up front who can hold the ball up, lay it off, draw the foul, run the channel well neither of these are in his game.

The POG always try to turn the defender or run across him loosing the ball most times.

Jacko_Lantern

by Jacko_Lantern » 23 Feb 2013 19:22

Is it just me or does Ledge run like hes constipated?.....Thats if you've ever seen the bugger run!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 23 Feb 2013 19:32

FFS why did we have to give The Sparta/RoyalBlue manic depressive crew so much ammo?

Feds 8

Kelly 6
Morrison 3
Mariappa 6
Harte 4

Kebe 6
McAnuff 4
Akpan 6
Leigertwood 4
Karacan 4

Pog 4

Fans 1 Only at the Madejski would you get told to "leave the ref alone".
Last edited by sandman on 23 Feb 2013 19:47, edited 2 times in total.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 23 Feb 2013 19:37

Complete and utter dogshit from the first minute to the last. Tactics terrible, formation terrible, performance terrible, result terrible.

A desperately bad day at the office but every team has them and this is our first poor performance this year. We already have more points than I thought we would get in the season and, having looked utterly dead and buried 2 months ago, are still in contention.

I think the manager and the team are entitled to some slack.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 23 Feb 2013 19:40

sandman FFS why did we have to give The Sparta/RoyalBlue manic depressive crew so much ammo?

Feds 8

Kelly 6
Morrison 3
Mariappa 6
Harte 4

Kebe 6
McAnuff 4
Akpan 6
Leigertwood 4
Karacan 4

Pog 4

Fans 1

How dare you not give McAnuff at least minus five? After all it was his fault that we couldn't defend a corner properly and it was obviously his fault that Morrison was caught out.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 23 Feb 2013 19:40

Today was crap in the end but we weren't that bad the first 30 mins I didn't think. We just soaked up too much pressure the last 10-15 mins & paid the price. 2nd goal was truly awful I'll concede & I am scratching my head a bit at the exclusion of Pearce. Once the 2nd goal went in everything we touched turned to sh1t! Thought Feds, Kelly & Mariappa did ok.

As Brian says...we move on but big big pressure on the Villa game now. I'm not that surprised we lost today perhaps that's why I'm not as angry.

Would have taken a point at 3pm.

Don't understand the Pog hate - the guy is totally isolated with no support feeding off scraps & is doing quite well all things considered. I don't see how him being banned is remotely positive.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 23 Feb 2013 19:45

MmmMonsterMunch Today was crap in the end but we weren't that bad the first 30 mins I didn't think. We just soaked up too much pressure the last 10-15 mins & paid the price. 2nd goal was truly awful I'll concede & I am scratching my head a bit at the exclusion of Pearce. Once the 2nd goal went in everything we touched turned to sh1t! Thought Feds, Kelly & Mariappa did ok.

As Brian says...we move on but big big pressure on the Villa game now. I'm not that surprised we lost today perhaps that's why I'm not as angry.

Would have taken a point at 3pm.

Don't understand the Pog hate - the guy is totally isolated with no support feeding off scraps & is doing quite well all things considered. I don't see how him being banned is remotely positive.

I agree with pretty much all of this, very disappointed with the lack of support going forward from the central midfielders especially in the first half.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 23 Feb 2013 19:47

sandman FFS why did we have to give The Sparta/RoyalBlue manic depressive crew so much ammo?

Believe you me, I would rather not be given it!

However, McDermott's defence in his post match interview today was about as credible as that given in a recent South African bail hearing!

Schards#2 Complete and utter dogshit from the first minute to the last. Tactics terrible, formation terrible, performance terrible, result terrible.

A desperately bad day at the office but every team has them and this is our first poor performance this year. We already have more points than I thought we would get in the season and, having looked utterly dead and buried 2 months ago, are still in contention.

I think the manager and the team are entitled to some slack.

Yeh, a bit of slack in the rope normally ensures a clean break! :wink:
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 23 Feb 2013 19:48, edited 1 time in total.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 23 Feb 2013 19:47

Ironically I got a little enjoyment from the game today because I got a chance to watch a team at the Madstad that played instinctively to each other, create chances by fast accurate passing on the floor, hardly any hoofball because the passes were made with deliberation versus our desperate embarrassing hoofball, blokes that run around at 100 mph and achieve f* all, a midfield (excluding Hope) that never win a 50/50 ball and can't lay on a pass if it was to save their life, a defence and midfield that stand and watch as real premier players rinse them because they are too slow and/or out of position. For a must win game we were gutless, embarrasing and useless. If the Wigan style puts them in the bottom five we've certainly got no hope - Villa and Southampton and maybe QPR will f*** this joke over as well.

314 posts