BFTG Wigan

314 posts
windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

BFTG Wigan

by windermere_royal » 23 Feb 2013 17:35

One word says it all GUTLESS.
totally inept in all departments to let fellow relegation canditates walk all over us.
not a single outfield player can come out of this with any credit, 5 being the highest I will give any of them.
but don`t get me started on Brians tactics, 4-5-1 in a must win game resulted in a frustrated Pog getting a red card.
and WTF has Pearce done wrong???

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: BFTG Wigan

by Royal Lady » 23 Feb 2013 17:42

Listen to his interview on BBC Berks. Pearce on bench cos he didn't get close enough to two Stoke players in that game or something. Utter drivel.

Guthrie just "wasn't selected" nothing wrong with his wife.

Boooooooooooooooooo!

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 23 Feb 2013 17:45

Royal Lady Listen to his interview on BBC Berks. Pearce on bench cos he didn't get close enough to two Stoke players in that game or something. Utter drivel.

Boooooooooooooooooo!

So if that his thinking its safe to assume he will drop all the outfield players for next week then?

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 23 Feb 2013 17:46

Harsh words from a forum warrior like yourself and I think you are being a little unfair...

The first 40 minutes I felt we looked ok - Adam as much as never a favorite of mine, did well.

We then fell apart after the second goal and crashed and burnt.

The tactics were alll wrong, the balding guy v2 should stop this pathetic 4-5-1. Pog may have got a red card, but it'll make no difference. Unless he is given service he won't score as he can't really do anything for himself.

I think it'll be more exciting times now the Russian very slow striker is off. I think we're probably only paying him to appease the owner.

As far as Pearce, he won't sign a new contract so he is not allowed to play. Pity they don't take the spirit they did with Sidwell and say you're staying, but you can play and play well he did...

...the first 40 minutes were as I say, not bad. You need to all calm down and remember in the Championship we get more for our money, plus free pies in the 2013/ 14 season.

Do You See? :shock:

Carlos

by Carlos » 23 Feb 2013 17:47

Really starting to get annoyed by McDermott continually blame the ref for our ineptitude. And to come on air and moan about pearce's performance at Stoke is unbelievable. If that's the principals he manages by then Morrison's shocker for the second will surely mean he will be benched for the next game.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 23 Feb 2013 17:48

Every time Pearce has played, he's played his heart out. At the end of one home game he was really pumped up. Not signing his contract yet is NO reason to not play him. Like I've said, we're still paying his wages - so might as well get something for our money.

He's obviously still got the arse with Guthrie, but he won't admit it.

Presume he'll be dropping Legs and McAnuff for next week after this game, going on his excuse for not starting Pearce.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 23 Feb 2013 17:49

How do you sum that game up in one word? Embarrassing? Humiliating? Clueless? Half arsed? Sod it, all of the above!

- More of the same negative tactics
- No central midfielder on the bench when we have a fit Guthrie and fit Caricco out of the match day squad
- No creativity
- No passion
- No desire
- No hope
- How does Karacan get a game ahead of someone like Guthrie who can pick a pass?
- How does Karacan get a game?
- Taking Akpan off and leaving Karacan on?
- Dropping Pearce is nothing short of ridiculous
- Two of our January signings not in the squad. Jan signings MUST be fit and ready to come in and make an impact!
- January transfer window a massive and costly balls up
- Relegation almost certainly nailed on now. Now way will we get wins against better sides in Villa, Saints and QPR.

Positives

- Pogrebnyak being banned for 3 games

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 23 Feb 2013 17:51

SPARTA How do you sum that game up in one word? Embarrassing? Humiliating? Clueless? Half arsed? Sod it, all of the above!

Positives

- Pogrebnyak being banned for 3 games

Hear! Hear!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 23 Feb 2013 17:52

I knew you'd be all over this board like a rash cos we lost - where are you when we win and play well? :|

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 23 Feb 2013 17:53

Royal Lady Listen to his interview on BBC Berks. Pearce on bench cos he didn't get close enough to two Stoke players in that game or something. Utter drivel.

Boooooooooooooooooo!

So how the hell does Jobi Notgoodenough get a game?...unbelievable

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 23 Feb 2013 17:56

Royal Lady I knew you'd be all over this board like a rash cos we lost - where are you when we win and play well? :|

Welll Royall Babe, we only played badly after 40 mins... ...if you wipe the mists of anger away from your eyes, you will see that I have stuck up for our team...

...oh and when we play well, I generally am doing my hair.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 23 Feb 2013 17:56

Well played Feds possibly also Kelly. The rest of the players, and management, should take a long hard look at themselves after today's capitulation.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 23 Feb 2013 17:57

Well that was fun

:shock:

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 23 Feb 2013 17:58

Haag Royal

Boooooooooooooooooo!

I thought he was excellent against Sunderland - but that was in an attacking team; this was just terrible playing with 3 defensive midfielders and one up top ... I really don't blame the players, I blame the manager for a terrible tactical decision before the game. We knew that Wigan like to pass the ball around so we needed to push up right from the start and not let them pass the ball ... but most of the time there was only Pog and one other trying to do it and just wasting their energy ... the others just sat back and let them come at us.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 23 Feb 2013 17:58

Boooooooooooooooooo!

Don't forget that, at the last moment, Brian also remembered to add that Guthrie had got a 'slight calf strain'!

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 23 Feb 2013 18:00

RoyalBlue Well played Feds possibly also Kelly. The rest of the players, and management, should take a long hard look at themselves after today's capitulation.

Thought Akpan was pretty skills tbf

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 23 Feb 2013 18:04

Royalwaster
Haag Royal

Boooooooooooooooooo!

I thought he was excellent against Sunderland - but that was in an attacking team; this was just terrible playing with 3 defensive midfielders and one up top ... I really don't blame the players, I blame the manager for a terrible tactical decision before the game. We knew that Wigan like to pass the ball around so we needed to push up right from the start and not let them pass the ball ... but most of the time there was only Pog and one other trying to do it and just wasting their energy ... the others just sat back and let them come at us.

Moment of absolute madness from Pog, for which he should be fined. However, I am sure it was the result of his increasing frustration at the complete isolation that he was suffering from. He still worked really hard and held the ball up well but no Reading players could be arsed to get forward to support him. On several occasions he worked really hard to get himself into good positions but looked up to find that there was no one breaking forward to support him. What the hell is he meant to do in that situation? Those who say that it is a good thing that he will be suspended clearly know as little about football as those who continually criticise McAnuff no matter how well he plays.

old woman

by old woman » 23 Feb 2013 18:04

What is this Guthrie love? Played away at Newcastle- hardly noticed him. He went off and we won.
On Monday at 0-0 Ledge went off, Guthrie came on and we went 2-0 down within 2 minutes.
Not saying he's a bad player but he seems to get better when he's left out of the squad.

Btw I thought Brian said he had a knock

Colin Cheeselog

by Colin Cheeselog » 23 Feb 2013 18:05

The highlight for me was booing the Wigan defender for having the audacity to let Pog dive into his ankle. That and blaming McAnuff for absolutely everything that’s ever happened since the dawn of civilization.

Moral victory to the fans today, 2-0, yessssssssssssssssssss.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 23 Feb 2013 18:05

John Madejski's Wallet
RoyalBlue Well played Feds possibly also Kelly. The rest of the players, and management, should take a long hard look at themselves after today's capitulation.

Thought Akpan was pretty skills tbf

Played OK but wasted a couple of good opportunities. For a tall guy he is absolutely crap in the air and clearly needs to take some heading lessons from Kebe!

314 posts