Where was Guthrie again?!

587 posts
Daniel_ElmPark1986

Re: Danny Guthrie

by Daniel_ElmPark1986 » 31 Mar 2013 17:38

Danny Guthrie is shit he plays like a little bitch !

SHORT AND CURLY

Guthrie

by SHORT AND CURLY » 01 Apr 2013 10:21

Taken from the Sun online

DANNY GUTHRIE slammed axed Reading manager Brian McDermott for sticking with under-performing players.
The Royals midfielder was warming the bench or not in the squad at all under McDermott.
But he made his first start for two months at the Emirates under new boss Nigel Adkins.
And the former Newcastle ace rapped: “Some of the lads who were guaranteed a place in the past have to be sharper.
“I don’t know if there were favourites under McDernott but there were players who played every week.
“When a new manager comes in it’s a fresh start for everyone.
“For players like me it’s a new chance. It has a big impact on everyone. It’s been a while for me. It was a difficult 90 minutes but I’m just happy to be playing.
“I’ve not really spoken to the new manager, he just named the team and I was in it.
“I want to get some games under my belt and start helping the team get some results as we’re running out of matches.
“We need some back-to-back wins to avoid the drop. We still believe we can do it.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... z2PCZGUyAM
:o

I wonder who he is pointing the finger at :roll:

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Guthrie

by windermere_royal » 01 Apr 2013 10:24

SHORT AND CURLY “I don’t know if there were favourites under McDernott but there were players who played every week.

I wonder who he is pointing the finger at :roll:

Really?

percyisfreeman

Guthrie comments.

by percyisfreeman » 01 Apr 2013 10:27

Just read Guthries comments, (I am old school supporter Charlie Hurley's days), I am all for open conversation, but why don't players keep quiet.
IMO Mcd should have turfed you out mate, when you first mouthed off. I think your comments are pretty childish, prove your self on the pitch not a social website-tit.

Mr.T10

by Mr.T10 » 01 Apr 2013 10:28

Wait... Brian had favourites, who knew!

:o :o :o

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 01 Apr 2013 10:29

Here we go let's see sandman and ideal rip in to Guthrie even though everything about his statement is true.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 01 Apr 2013 10:34

Well you won't be disappointed then Danny91. Whether you agree with him or not he could just have said ''There's a new manager and hopefully I'll get some more games''. what's the point of the snide dig? It just makes him look petty.

namroyal

Re: Guthrie comments.

by namroyal » 01 Apr 2013 10:47

He couldn't explain the ridiculous pass to nobody that resulted in an Arsenal goal on the counter whilst he's at it could he?

howser
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Where was Guthrie again?!

by howser » 01 Apr 2013 10:47

Well all Danny has said is what everyone, apart from Mcdermotts love children on here, has been saying all season, at least now we might get players selected on ability instead of who they are.

Larf of all larf someone accused of "petty" digs/snide remarks, hell haven't we as a club been guilty of that a few times this year ?

AJ_urz9

by AJ_urz9 » 01 Apr 2013 10:51

percyisfreeman Just read Guthries comments, (I am old school supporter Charlie Hurley's days), I am all for open conversation, but why don't players keep quiet.
IMO Mcd should have turfed you out mate, when you first mouthed off. I think your comments are pretty childish, prove your self on the pitch not a social website-tit.

Very much agree with the principle of players not bad mouthing a manager that has done so much for the club. However Guthrie does have a point in regards to having favourites (Leigertwood, McAnuff, Harte...) over players that possibly could have made more of an impact such as Guthrie, HRK, Shorey...etc.
Just saying there was a buzz around the place now Adkins was there was probably just a childish way of saying they still believe we can staying up.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Danny Guthrie

by West Stand Man » 01 Apr 2013 10:54

Daniel_ElmPark1986 Danny Guthrie needs to go he was AWFUL!! against Arsenal you can tell he has attitude by his style of play ! the pass that gave arsenal there 3rd goal done it for me ....

..you will forgive me for not caring a jot what you think. No one with your command of English warrants a hearing.

Delboy

by Delboy » 01 Apr 2013 10:56

Has been a poor signing, not committed, is not as good as he thinks. GET RID

The Royal

by The Royal » 01 Apr 2013 11:08

What's he said

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 01 Apr 2013 11:10

AJ_urz9
percyisfreeman Just read Guthries comments, (I am old school supporter Charlie Hurley's days), I am all for open conversation, but why don't players keep quiet.

Very much agree with the principle of players not bad mouthing a manager that has done so much for the club. However Guthrie does have a point in regards to having favourites (Leigertwood, McAnuff, Harte...) over players that possibly could have made more of an impact such as Guthrie, HRK, Shorey...etc.
Just saying there was a buzz around the place now Adkins was there was probably just a childish way of saying they still believe we can staying up.

Leigertwood has struggled but so have most of them but at least he is committed to the club, McAnuff has been one of our best players but it seems many have an agenda because they don't agree with him being captain and Brian probably dropped Harte more times than any player in his time as manager and he and Shorey are very interchangeable, both good at set pieces with the pace of a snail, which makes the Shorey vs Harte debate the most pointless in the world.

Not going to pick a fight because it is pretty obvious that despite all he has done including refusing to play for our club Guthrie is immune from being criticised on here. However, he would be better served to keep his head down, his mouth shut and prove that he is as good as he has been built up to be on here.
Last edited by sandman on 01 Apr 2013 12:57, edited 3 times in total.

The Royal

by The Royal » 01 Apr 2013 11:18

Immune??? Not by me, il say it how it is, so far he has been shit, and has been nowhere near as good as some people think he is and is absolutely nowhere near as good as he think he is himself.

He shud shut his oxf*rd mouth, play football, and prove to everyone he is better than he has been

phil in cornwall

by phil in cornwall » 01 Apr 2013 12:01

It is 1st April and this is the Daily Star.

Nuff sed.

Royal Prince

by Royal Prince » 01 Apr 2013 12:05

Ideal
SHORT AND CURLY “When a new manager comes in it’s a fresh start for everyone.
“For players like me it’s a new chance.

And you sure did make the most out of your chance.... oh wait :lol: :? :shock: :roll:

Relative to the performances of his fellow centre midfielders and I'd say he did more than enough to warrant starting the next game. Job done.

phil in cornwall

by phil in cornwall » 01 Apr 2013 12:13

OK Maybe he did say it. The same quotes are in The Times.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 01 Apr 2013 12:13

Passing the ball to the opposition resulting in them running it up the other end and putting it in your net isn't really that convincing in terms of job done. Personally, after Saturday I'd change all three of them next week.
Last edited by sandman on 01 Apr 2013 12:26, edited 1 time in total.

Carlos

by Carlos » 01 Apr 2013 12:16

Yeah his short passing was really good. That pass to Shorey down by us which led to them scoring their third was quality.

Its true that no midfielder is better than him. But for someone as cocky as him you would expect him to show some quality. I can only think of one pass to Kanu which was good. Other than that the game passed him by, other than when he got the ball, which at that point he would more often than not play an atrocious pass.

587 posts