Brian: The right decision?

3714 posts

Have the club done the right thing to sack Brian today?

Yes
51%
No
40%
Not sure
9%

Total votes: 568
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Brian: The right decision?

by Ian Royal » 12 Jan 2014 16:45

Man Friday
Royalee
leon Is that a good thing?

Brilliant thing

You sick bastard. I'm really glad I don't know you in real life. You come across as one sick fukked-up cumt.

:shock: That's a bit excessive and uncalled for!

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 12 Jan 2014 16:59

To revel in the misfortune of a decent human being like Brian McDermott, somebody who gave his all for Reading Football Club (our club lest we forget) is beneath contempt. I certainly have no wish for, say, Brendan Rogers to be sacked by Liverpool. I can't get my head round the fact that in using this forum I have to mix with some undignified low-lifes with no idea of decent values.

Think it's best all round if I go on a self-imposed exile for a week.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 12 Jan 2014 18:28

Royalee
leon
Ian Royal McDermott looked like a man who expects the sack in his post-match interview.

Is that a good thing?

Brilliant thing

I'm both a big McD fan and a big Adkins fan. I enjoy Leeds losing, I always have. However, my enjoyment of them losing is tempered by my discomfort at people dancing on McD's grave.

You, sir, are a classless twunt.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Jan 2014 18:49

+1

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 12 Jan 2014 19:17

Not sure about everyone else, but I tend to look out for ex-Reading people in the results in the hope that they do well.
Unless they're an oxf*rd or leave in dickish circumstances, that is.
e.g. Matt Mills. :D when he gets sent off or scores an own goal.

Likewise I wanted Pardew to lose each game for a few years, but now I quite like him.

The Royal We

by The Royal We » 12 Jan 2014 19:34

By all means disagree with the opinions of others on this board. By all means back our current manager. By all means point to the fact that a manager we sacked and you vehemently supported is now managing Liverpool.

But revelling in McD struggling? That makes Royalee nothing other than a massive, massive cVnt.

Despite his limitations, Brian gave our club many years of loyal service. He comes across as nothing but a decent human being and appeared to always give his all. I'd wager that he cares far more for Reading than the many of the morons that frequent our plastic palace each home game.

I never took to Rodgers. I was glad when we sacked him. I thought he would take us down. Perhaps I was wrong. But I wish him nothing but the best, because I could sense how much the Reading job meant to him and how much the failure will have hurt him. What a shame Royalee is incapable of showing any such good grace for Brian.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Jan 2014 20:15

Dont worry about Lee, he is the spawn of that Reading rascal Sir Dodger.

P.O

Pardew to Rodgers, Kebe to Kitson, Mooney to Mullins, Little to Long, Igoe to Shorey ...i scan the league/non league to check out their rise and falls.

I hope all ex Reading employees thrive at their respective levels...even Williams at Sheffield

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 13 Jan 2014 00:10

....so to sum up we all agree that RoyaLOLee is a classless cunt.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 13 Jan 2014 13:21

P!ssed Off Not sure about everyone else, but I tend to look out for ex-Reading people in the results in the hope that they do well.
Unless they're an oxf*rd or leave in dickish circumstances, that is.
e.g. Matt Mills. :D when he gets sent off or scores an own goal.

Likewise I wanted Pardew to lose each game for a few years, but now I quite like him.

I do that with Stephen Hunt

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 13 Jan 2014 13:41

I'm somewhat in the middle. I loved Brian when he was at Reading but I don't want to see Leeds do well. I want them to do OK each season without getting promotion but with Brian keeping his job without any sackings. I'm not going to lie it would make me jealous to see Brian lifting the championship trophy with Leeds and would make everyone think why we got rid of him in the first place

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 13 Jan 2014 13:53

leon ....so to sum up we all agree that RoyaLOLee is a classless cunt.

classless? bit harsh

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 13 Jan 2014 14:00

Royalee
leon
Ian Royal McDermott looked like a man who expects the sack in his post-match interview.

Is that a good thing?

Brilliant thing
Because the new owners will be able to bring him back on the cheap?

roberto_11

by roberto_11 » 15 Jan 2014 23:28

Not really sure how anyone can argue that McDermott is anywhere near in the same league as Brendan Rodgers.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 16 Jan 2014 00:20

roberto_11 Not really sure how anyone can argue that McDermott is anywhere near in the same league as Brendan Rodgers.

Well he hasn't lucked in to two jobs, one where a previous manager had done most of the work for him and another where the previous manager had signed the best player for him like Brendan has.

premiership_bound

by premiership_bound » 16 Jan 2014 01:07

sandman
roberto_11 Not really sure how anyone can argue that McDermott is anywhere near in the same league as Brendan Rodgers.

Well he hasn't lucked in to two jobs, one where a previous manager had done most of the work for him and another where the previous manager had signed the best player for him like Brendan has.

Thats not called luck, thats sensible decision making.

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 16 Jan 2014 10:45

I think persuading want away Suarez to stay and to get the best out of him underlines his man management skills.

The problem with Rogers at Reading and to an extent with Adkins, is that they want the team to play a different style but don't have the players capable of adapting to it or funds to sign new players, Their failing was not having an interim plan B.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 16 Jan 2014 11:07

The whole 'Rodgers got lucky because Martinez built the Swansea side' argument is so weak it's unbelievable. Yeah it helped but Rodgers got more out of that team than any of the previous managers and added the missing ingredient of a goal threat that took them up.

What he's doing with Liverpool is excellent in my opinion and he deserves a lot of credit for it.

The biggest mistake of his career was probably letting his heart rule his head and taking the Reading job when it was the wrong time for both him and the club. He only did it because of the effection he has for Reading FC so I find it pretty odd how so slag him off on here.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 Jan 2014 11:08

he was shit here, so i can see why people do

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 16 Jan 2014 11:42

Rodgers is alright if there is a solid base to build from and cash to spend. He hasn't got the balls when the going gets tough though...

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 16 Jan 2014 11:56

Rodgers approach is rather advanced. While he lacked the flexibility to operate with beginner players, he's done pretty well with players at the right ability for his tactics.

Brian's approach is perfect for lower-level players but currently lacks the skills to operate at a higher standard.

As we are in a sort of transitional phase, we kinda need someone in the middle, who has a good basic strategy and the ability to operate at a higher level.

Adkins on the Brian-Rodgers Scale:

Brian-------------------------------------Adkins-----------Rodgers

It's pure maths but secret maths.

3714 posts