Brian: The right decision?

3714 posts

Have the club done the right thing to sack Brian today?

Yes
51%
No
40%
Not sure
9%

Total votes: 568
Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Brian: The right decision?

by Cureton's Volley » 16 May 2014 15:22

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 May 2014 15:30

I think you should see a doctor about that.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 May 2014 16:18

AthleticoSpizz
Ian Royal That just aint true Spizz.
Try working in Portsmouth (at the time...and after) and asking about Obita, Ian

Feel free to come back with some facts, figures and quotes from Pompey fans before implying that I am a liar next time :wink:

I don't care what Pompey fans thought, they've amply demonstrated their complete lack of judgement on everything.

Obita was one of our quality performers two or three pre-seasons in a row. You don't just magically become good in one season.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 May 2014 23:55

Extended-Phenotype I reckons if Bri was still in the job yielding the same results as we have seen this season, folk that are not fine with stuff would be fine with stuff.

Not fussed either way really. Not exactly being spoilt for choice between two limited and extremely average at best managers.

The problem with this is, had McDermott been in charge of this squad we'd have gone up, or at least been in the play offs.

JordCot

by JordCot » 17 May 2014 07:51

leon
Extended-Phenotype I reckons if Bri was still in the job yielding the same results as we have seen this season, folk that are not fine with stuff would be fine with stuff.

Not fussed either way really. Not exactly being spoilt for choice between two limited and extremely average at best managers.

The problem with this is, had McDermott been in charge of this squad we'd have gone up, or at least been in the play offs.

No, you can't know that. Nobody knows how McDermot would have coped with relegation

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 May 2014 07:55

If Brighton hadn't got an injury team goal we'd have been in the playoffs under Adkins. Fine margins, and I'm not sure Brian could have stopped Brighton scoring.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 17 May 2014 09:23

With that squad Brighton scoring shouldn't have made any difference because we should have been in the play offs weeks before.

For some reason many want to make excuses for our Nige due to ownership issues and the like but when Brian's name comes up they to on about "Leeds haven't set the world on fire". Well any "problems" Adkins may have had are a drop in the Ocean compared to what Brian had to deal with last season. The man can't even visit his sick Mum without that jumped up Italian dragging his name through the mud.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 17 May 2014 10:47

Without doubt. Hope he manages to cope with it all health-wise.

If he does experience any health problems from his treatment, he (or, if he's not around, his family) should sue that I-Tie for every penny he's got.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 May 2014 11:47

sandman With that squad Brighton scoring shouldn't have made any difference because we should have been in the play offs weeks before.

For some reason many want to make excuses for our Nige due to ownership issues and the like but when Brian's name comes up they to on about "Leeds haven't set the world on fire". Well any "problems" Adkins may have had are a drop in the Ocean compared to what Brian had to deal with last season. The man can't even visit his sick Mum without that jumped up Italian dragging his name through the mud.

Kind of shows why it's such a pointless debate.
And I agree, had we had our key players available all season we'd have walked a playoff place. Even with such a decimated squad we should have found a point from somewhere.
Having Brian in charge wouldn't have stopped anyone getting injured, his powers of motivation didn't do much for us in the Prem but maybe going with a basic 442 from day 1 would have done the trick

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 17 May 2014 12:04

sandman With that squad Brighton scoring shouldn't have made any difference because we should have been in the play offs weeks before.

Similar sort of ownership problems to us (which Mcdermott regularly used as an excuse for poor form) albeit Leeds players weren't paid on time once I believe - by then they had already nosedived down the table anyway.

Despite the backroom problems there he was given far more support to get players in (3 or 4 in Jan?) but chose to waste it on dross like Kebe

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 17 May 2014 12:09

Mid Sussex Royal

Similar sort of ownership problems to us (which Mcdermott regularly used as an excuse for poor form) albeit Leeds players weren't paid on time once I believe - by then they had already nosedived down the table anyway.

Despite the backroom problems there he was given far more support to get players in (3 or 4 in Jan?) but chose to waste it on dross like Kebe

The jumped up Italian will soon have McD out on his ear

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 May 2014 19:14

Ian Royal
AthleticoSpizz
Ian Royal That just aint true Spizz.
Try working in Portsmouth (at the time...and after) and asking about Obita, Ian

Feel free to come back with some facts, figures and quotes from Pompey fans before implying that I am a liar next time :wink:

I don't care what Pompey fans thought, they've amply demonstrated their complete lack of judgement on everything.

Obita was one of our quality performers two or three pre-seasons in a row. You don't just magically become good in one season.
YOU don't care what 18 thousand Pompey fans thought back then? The ones I work with (and know) are far from your stereotypical bell-ringing brain-dead south coasters that you allude to (and have made your ever decreasing narrow mind up about).

They said Obita was cack for them...I believe he was cack for them......their loss and as time has proven...our gain

....am I still lying Ian?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 18 May 2014 19:19

AthleticoSpizz
They said Obita was cack for them...I believe he was cack for them......their loss and as time has proven...our gain

....am I still lying Ian?

Though everyone at Pompey has been rubbish for several years. It can hardly be a place where a raw youngster from another club is going to prosper. He'd have been playing with the rag tag band of has beens, never was's and crocks turning out on a cash in hand match by match basis.

He wouldn't be the first kid to look unimpressive in his early days but develop into a top player. adie Williams was utterly useless when he first played for us....

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 May 2014 19:26

I'm not arguing Nameless...Ian has laid out his stall, he knows best

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 18 May 2014 19:28

i prefered brian when he was in that telly programme with rik mayall.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 May 2014 21:40

AthleticoSpizz I'm not arguing Nameless...Ian has laid out his stall, he knows best

You're the one who said he was crap prior to this season. Players don't become good overnight.

He could have got games earlier, particularly given his good pre-seasons.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 19 May 2014 07:32

Cureton's Volley So to conclude:

Brian: The right decision?

No, it wasn't.

That could be copied from the Leeds forum to be fair.

Vic_Flange

by Vic_Flange » 19 May 2014 09:08

Jesus,guys! In the name of Allah, Jedi and Buddha!In the name of Brian, In the name of Nigel, In the name SJM, in the name of anyone, this isn't a discussion anymore, its War and Peace!

The Samaritans can be contacted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 0845 79 09090

Please call them and the rest of us can move on!

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 19 May 2014 10:35

^ Forget the Samaritans and go straight for Dignitas:

http://www.dignitas.ch/index.php?lang=en

You're welcome.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 19 May 2014 10:45

leon

McD falling out with what fit players we had left in this injury crisis, I'm not sure we could have fielded a team tbh.

3714 posts