Confirmed - Le Fondre to Cardiff

796 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Confirmed - Le Fondre to Cardiff

by Ian Royal » 31 May 2014 00:23

SCIAG
Ian Royal Le Fondre must be our best (and best performing) player to have not quite fully made it here for over a decade.

Brynjar Gunnarsson.

Good shout.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 May 2014 00:28

Lord Jimmy Kebe
Royal Ginger
Lord Jimmy Kebe Such a shame that we sell off our top goal scorer for three consecutive seasons for something so silly as a tax bill, could not the sales of Pog, Drenthe and Carrico suffice?

What's silly about a tax bill? Don't pay it and the club's in deep trouble.

Also, Pogrebnyak, Drenthe and Carrico haven't been sold, so they don't pay the bill that's staring us in the face now.

What I mean is that the sale of one of the club's top, consistent performers might not have been necessary had we have sold Carrico, who has stated he does not want to play for the club and could easily raise good levels of finance after helping Sevilla to euro league victory, or Pogrebnyak, who would relieve some pressure of the wage bill, or Drenthe, who was supposedly meant to be sold earlier. It does not make a great deal of sense to sell a player of Le Fondre's proven calibre when there are other sources. Perhaps they will be sold anyway to help with the debt, I just feel like we could have made these transfers first and then address the issue of ownership so that we could keep the man.

This isn't football manager.

There are going to be few takers for Pogrebnyak, who's proved he isn't much better than OK at PL or Chump level. And Drenthe's not even proved that. Given the wages they're on the chances of them getting a comparable deal are sliiiiiiiiim. And Carrico has gone for peanuts because he'd done nothing for us and Sevilla have activated a clause in his loan deal.

Whereas ALF actually attracted some genuine interest. Although given he only had 12 months on his contract probably not enough to pay the tax bill out right.

yappy

by yappy » 31 May 2014 08:28

Ian Royal Carrico has gone for peanuts because he'd done nothing for us and Sevilla have activated a clause in his loan deal.

Anyone know if the Carrico deal is official? I know I've read stories from Spain saying that Sevilla would activate the clause, however haven't seen anything concrete. Although Carrico doesn't seem to appear on the player profiles on the OS..

pip_y

by pip_y » 31 May 2014 20:12

Anyone know what the % is that Rotherham will get for the sell on clause?

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 31 May 2014 20:42

pip_y Anyone know what the % is that Rotherham will get for the sell on clause?

20% I believe. Though whether that is a flat 20% or 20% above initial £350k, above the £700k we paid in total once we went up to the PL, above further total payments (if total markers were ever met)

pip_y

by pip_y » 01 Jun 2014 00:39

soggy biscuit
pip_y Anyone know what the % is that Rotherham will get for the sell on clause?

20% I believe. Though whether that is a flat 20% or 20% above initial £350k, above the £700k we paid in total once we went up to the PL, above further total payments (if total markers were ever met)

So that could be 500K less available for the tax man.

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 01 Jun 2014 08:12

soggy biscuit
AthleticoSpizz That would be soooo funny for any generic opposition players "miss-on-goal"

Soggy is really onto something there

Baaaooooowaaaa Adam Lallaaaaaana

Baaaooooowaaaa Victor Wanyaaaaaama

Baaaooooowaaaa Barack Obaaaaaaama

Baaaooooowaaaa Your striker from Ghaaaaaana

fans could also possibly throw banana's on the pitch at the same time just to add something light hearted to the moment

racist

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 07 Jul 2014 21:59

I havent been on here in ages but I want to say that I was sad to see ALF leave the club, especially under the circumstances in which he did. Real shame that we had to sell him when you think about some of the other dross that is still at the club, but who wants those players?

The reported £2-3m fee makes it even worse, even with the debts at the time could we have not held out for a higher price like we have in past? Surely could have been looking at double the price, when you consider what Kitson, Doyle and Long went for, and today's even more inflated market. Add to that, I wonder if the club had known this takeover was going to happen sooner, would we have needed to sell him?

Anyway it sounds like he didnt have much choice, then again Cardiff have clearly showed more ambition than we have in recent times, and I'm sure the thought of playing under one of his boyhood heros made it an easy decision.

Good luck for the future Alfie, you were certainly my favourite player since youve been at the club (I like natural goalscorers/poachers) and I think had you been in a team that created more chances and played to your strengths, you could have done even better.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Jul 2014 22:03

RoyallyFcuked I havent been on here in ages but I want to say that I was sad to see ALF leave the club, especially under the circumstances in which he did. Real shame that we had to sell him when you think about some of the other dross that is still at the club, but who wants those players?

The reported £2-3m fee makes it even worse, even with the debts at the time could we have not held out for a higher price like we have in past? Surely could have been looking at double the price, when you consider what Kitson, Doyle and Long went for, and today's even more inflated market. Add to that, I wonder if the club had known this takeover was going to happen sooner, would we have needed to sell him?

Anyway it sounds like he didnt have much choice, then again Cardiff have clearly showed more ambition than we have in recent times, and I'm sure the thought of playing under one of his boyhood heros made it an easy decision.

Good luck for the future Alfie, you were certainly my favourite player since youve been at the club (I like natural goalscorers/poachers) and I think had you been in a team that created more chances and played to your strengths, you could have done even better.

For all the oxf*rd good it's done them. They're worse promotion chokers than we are and they also oxf*rd up their shot of the Premier League when they finally failed to fail to get promotion. Not only that, but their owner is a totally oxf*rd retard quite happy to shit on the fans.

double d

by double d » 07 Jul 2014 22:08

Ian Royal
RoyallyFcuked I havent been on here in ages but I want to say that I was sad to see ALF leave the club, especially under the circumstances in which he did. Real shame that we had to sell him when you think about some of the other dross that is still at the club, but who wants those players?

For all the oxf*rd good it's done them. They're worse promotion chokers than we are and they also oxf*rd up their shot of the Premier League when they finally failed to fail to get promotion. Not only that, but their owner is a totally oxf*rd retard quite happy to shit on the fans.

+1. I detest Cardiff, glad to see them go down. Worst play off chokers ever, on a par with Preston and Sheff UTD. And by far the worst fcking moron of a football owner I have ever seen (plus Venkys chicken owners from Blackburn)

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 07 Jul 2014 22:12

Ian Royal

I agree, I wasn't saying I'd rather be a Cardiff fan/player, definitely not. They have certainly ballzed there chance up worse than we did, having spent far more money, with the worst owner in the FL. I just thought that from Le Fondre's perspective it looks like Cardiff have more chance of being a PL club sooner than we do (not saying that is true either). Sure he is getting paid more too.

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 08 Jul 2014 09:20

To pay the tax bill we needed cash, not a deal whereby 50% is paid now, 20% in 6 months time and the rest next season.... Cardiff offered us what we needed for Le Fondre and it was the only offer on the table from what I hear that would give us what we required to pay the tax bill and avoid setting off alarm bells to frighten away potential investors, not to mention administration.

It's sad to see a player leave the club under these circumstances, but we've benefitted from it many a time where we've gone into a club and signed one of their best players because they need the cash so we can't really complain.

jt_1871

by jt_1871 » 08 Aug 2014 19:43

Starting for Cardiff tonight No. 10

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 08 Aug 2014 19:45

Tempted to sign back up to Sky Sports to see it but can't be bothered. No doubt he will be caught offside 200 times

jt_1871

by jt_1871 » 08 Aug 2014 19:57

bobby1413 Tempted to sign back up to Sky Sports to see it but can't be bothered. No doubt he will be caught offside 200 times

:D Looks a little chunky tbh so may not be fast enough to get there, playing wide right at the moment

mikey0406

by mikey0406 » 08 Aug 2014 20:40

If you play him out of position he will get really p1ssed off. hardly touched the ball in the first half, no defensive cover to the right back, completely ineffective

philM

by philM » 08 Aug 2014 21:24

He really doesn't like making tackles does he? Running about a lot tonight but just chasing after the ball then standing off and letting Blackburn run past him.

Royal Mail
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Mail » 08 Aug 2014 21:41

BBC Update

Blackburn 1-1 Cardiff
Posted at 89 mins
Adam Le Fondre has been anonymous throughout this game and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has seen enough, taking off the striker for midfielder Magnus Wolff Eikrem. Two minutes left.

Made me chuckle

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 08 Aug 2014 22:34

Not sure I see any value in slagging off an ex player who got some crucial goals for us, loved the club & didn't want to leave but to each their own!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 08 Aug 2014 22:36

agree....this joke remains on us

796 posts