Promotion

East Stand Ste

Promotion

by East Stand Ste » 31 Mar 2013 10:15

Definitely too late for Adkins to save us from relegation,but honestly I think if this team pass and hold the ball rather than playing hoof ball RFC will be at the top of the championship. I am genuinely buzzing for tearing the championship apart next season. Here's hoping!

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Promotion

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 31 Mar 2013 10:18

East Stand Ste wrote: Definitely too late for Adkins to save us from relegation,but honestly I think if this team pass and hold the ball rather than playing hoof ball RFC will be at the top of the championship. I am genuinely buzzing for tearing the championship apart next season. Here's hoping!

If you think this rabble will win the championship next season you are having a laugh.

A new squad is required, let the clear out commence.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 31 Mar 2013 10:32

East Stand Ste Definitely too late for Adkins to save us from relegation,but honestly I think if this team pass and hold the ball rather than playing hoof ball RFC will be at the top of the championship. I am genuinely buzzing for tearing the championship apart next season. Here's hoping!

Are you on drugs?

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 31 Mar 2013 10:35

Taking an example such as Ledge - if we go down, he plays as well as last year and we go up, will we expect him to play again in the Prem because he was one of the team that got us there again? Seems to be the only argument for him at the moment if someone criticises, irrespective of his performances. The decision was made on McD - he got us so far brilliantly but could take us no further. If we want to progress (do we?) we have to leave sentiment behind.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 31 Mar 2013 10:37

he could easily have taken us further with some decent players, look at our squad ffs :|

percyisfreeman

by percyisfreeman » 31 Mar 2013 10:51

We won't be anyway near promotion next season, as long as mgr is given time to bed in and we change our style of football.

Royal Monk

by Royal Monk » 31 Mar 2013 10:51

LOL ( At SouthDownsSyndromeRoyal)

East Stand Ste

by East Stand Ste » 31 Mar 2013 11:58

SouthDownsRoyal
Are you on drugs?

Yes...you need to be on drugs to go watch RFC recently.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 31 Mar 2013 12:29

Anyone who says "hoofball" is a willy

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 31 Mar 2013 12:31

East Stand Ste Definitely too late for Adkins to save us from relegation,but honestly I think if this team pass and hold the ball rather than playing hoof ball RFC will be at the top of the championship. I am genuinely buzzing for tearing the championship apart next season. Here's hoping!

I remember thinking that when we were relegation to Division 2 with Tommy Burns, and then to the Championship with Steve Coppell. It very rarely works out that way!

Nigel has a lot to do this summer to get us ready for a promotion push. It'll be an interesting summer of change.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 31 Mar 2013 12:36

The key seems to be keeping moral up. If you don't gut your team on relegation chances are players don't want to be playing in the championship and the slightest slip-up or squad fall outs will be dangerous. This seems to be the reason the whole team fell apart second half of that first season down after looking like we would walk our way back up.

East Stand Ste

by East Stand Ste » 31 Mar 2013 13:06

Maguire Anyone who says "hoofball" is a willy

Anyone who says "willy" is a helmet....

Divvy

by Divvy » 31 Mar 2013 13:13

ZacNaloen The key seems to be keeping moral up. If you don't gut your team on relegation chances are players don't want to be playing in the championship and the slightest slip-up or squad fall outs will be dangerous. This seems to be the reason the whole team fell apart second half of that first season down after looking like we would walk our way back up.

Agree, and he oozes positivity, so you would expect everyone's spirits to be up ready for the start of next season. Agree though that there needs to be quite a bit of change this summer. Several can go, and I'd like to see some young players get a chance around the first team. Adkins isn't afraid to use the kids, so that's something I'm really hopeful of seeing, and looking forward to.

jimstaaa

by jimstaaa » 31 Mar 2013 13:23

The Real Sandhurst Royal
East Stand Ste wrote: Definitely too late for Adkins to save us from relegation,but honestly I think if this team pass and hold the ball rather than playing hoof ball RFC will be at the top of the championship. I am genuinely buzzing for tearing the championship apart next season. Here's hoping!

If you think this rabble will win the championship next season you are having a laugh.

Oi pal this is pretty much the same team that won the league last season, and now with added firepower. The Pog, Guthrie, Akpan, McCleary and Carrico (if we can find him)

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 31 Mar 2013 13:31

Divvy
ZacNaloen The key seems to be keeping moral up. If you don't gut your team on relegation chances are players don't want to be playing in the championship and the slightest slip-up or squad fall outs will be dangerous. This seems to be the reason the whole team fell apart second half of that first season down after looking like we would walk our way back up.

Agree, and he oozes positivity, so you would expect everyone's spirits to be up ready for the start of next season. Agree though that there needs to be quite a bit of change this summer. Several can go, and I'd like to see some young players get a chance around the first team. Adkins isn't afraid to use the kids, so that's something I'm really hopeful of seeing, and looking forward to.

Only if they are good enough. I'm sure he'll be a good judge of that though.

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 31 Mar 2013 16:11

a great post.it should be remembered that football is an english game that should only be stewarded by english people. the wisdom of this proved by the remarkable record of england in world cup campaigns over the years: what foreignor(if any) has wrested the initiative from england as world leaders?

phil in cornwall

by phil in cornwall » 31 Mar 2013 16:50

I bet Wolves fans were 'buzzing' at the beginning of this season. It's a big mistake to make assumptions.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 31 Mar 2013 17:09

I'm also looking forward to next season and the prospect of some decent football at last - assuming what they say about NA is true. It'll come down to how much work needs to be done on the squad in the summer, how well NA can build a team and how much money is actually available. So it may be a while before things get going.

One move that wouldn't surprise me though is getting Billy Sharpe in the summer.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 31 Mar 2013 17:12

We are a good 2 or 3 years away from being a team worthy of promotion.

Can't wait for the clear out.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 31 Mar 2013 23:06

The Real Sandhurst Royal

Well it won the Championship last year. In that time most of the players have got better (exceptions: Harte, Gorkss and Gunnarsson due to age; Karacan due to injury) and we're only likely to lose Pearce and maybe Kebe from the last promotion, adding Mariappa, Gunter, Kelly, Blackman, Akpan, McCleary, and maybe Guthrie.

Royal Monk LOL ( At SouthDownsSyndromeRoyal)

Grow up.