Hob Nob Regular

Team for Norwich

by RoyallyFcuked » 15 Apr 2013 23:08

Im going to this one, and I would love to see this -

-----------------McCarthy----------------

Gunter-----Mariappa--Morrison------Kelly

HRK--------Carrico----Guthrie---McAnuff

--------Pogrebnyak-----Le Fondre-------

Assuming Kebe isnt fit, and if HRK not fit then McCleary instead.
Also wouldnt mind seeing Pearce and Shorey but expect Morrison and Gunter to start.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Team for Norwich

by Snowball » 15 Apr 2013 23:44

That's decent but, planning for next year I'd drop Pog for Hunt

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 16 Apr 2013 00:53

RoyallyFcuked Im going to this one, and I would love to see this -

Also wouldnt mind seeing Pearce and Shorey but expect Morrison and Gunter to start.

Solid team, I'd run with that!

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 16 Apr 2013 04:17

Are we buying into the Gunter/Kelly duo, then? I wouldn't know, I haven't watched them yet. Maybe get time to watch the L'pool game tomorrow.

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 16 Apr 2013 05:40

Hal Robson-Kanu will surely be back by then.

My team would be:

---------------------McCarthy-------------------

Kelly------Morrison----Mariappa-----Harte---

McCleary-----Guthrie----Carrico-----McAnuff

-------------------HRK---------------------------

---------------------------Pog--------------------

I dont really like Kelly at LB and hes much better than Gunter.
Our set pieces have been lacking in quality since Harte was dropped, apart from a few decent balls in from Guthrie against Saints.
If Kebe is fit he starts.

Tommy Youlden's Ears

by Tommy Youlden's Ears » 16 Apr 2013 07:01

Not sure I wholly buy the Carrico love in yet. Still looked pretty unfit to me.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 16 Apr 2013 08:36

Royal91
RoyallyFcuked Im going to this one, and I would love to see this -

Solid team

:lol:

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 16 Apr 2013 10:03

Is Shorey injured or does Adkins rate him so highly that he prefers a 35 year old on the bench and starting a right back on the wrong side?

If it's the latter, surely it must be close to pay off time for Nicky as him still being here is looking rather pointless :|

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 16 Apr 2013 18:00

Woodcote Royal Is Shorey injured or does Adkins rate him so highly that he prefers a 35 year old on the bench and starting a right back on the wrong side?

If it's the latter, surely it must be close to pay off time for Nicky as him still being here is looking rather pointless :|

I think he's planning for next season - as he knows that Shorey and Harte aren't going to be there.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 16 Apr 2013 18:03

---------------McCarthy
Gunter, Mariappa, Morrison, Kelly
McCleary, Guthrie, Carrico, McAnuff
-------------Robson-Kanu
-------------Pogrebnyak

Assuming that Kebe is unfit. Otherwise, Kebe would replace McAnuff in my book.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Apr 2013 18:22

Arch Are we buying into the Gunter/Kelly duo, then? I wouldn't know, I haven't watched them yet. Maybe get time to watch the L'pool game tomorrow.

They've been ok. Gunter's worked hard and not been hugely exposed, although he's not exactly been PL quality. Kelly's been slightly less good than he was at RB. I'd say consistently about 6/10 instead of 7/10. They've done no worse than any other combination, maybe a little better. At this point I think it's probably worth giving mostly the same team a couple of games and then trying a couple more combinations at the very end of the season.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Apr 2013 18:24

Woodcote Royal Is Shorey injured or does Adkins rate him so highly that he prefers a 35 year old on the bench and starting a right back on the wrong side?

You really are ridiculous. Even if Shorey isn't in our plans why on Earth would we say goodbye before his contract is up given we'd have to pay him the same anyway? What happens if we get a couple of injuries?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 16 Apr 2013 19:25

Not sure if I'm meant to impart this, but I've heard that we won't be playing Shorey again as if we play him one more game we have to give him a contract for next year which keeps him on same money as this year, or something like that. Shades of the Shaun Goater debacle it seems....

In answer to the OP, I'd stick with same starting 11 (assuming no injuries) but swap Karacan for Akpan (if he's fit) - no point chopping and changing until we know we are relegated imho and those 10 + Akpan will have a fair bit of confidence going into this game. So I say, give them another chance. And we DEFO need Pog up front with Hunty.

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 16 Apr 2013 19:47

Tommy Youlden's Ears Not sure I wholly buy the Carrico love in yet. Still looked pretty unfit to me.

I agree. I thought he was ok but not great. At times he looked completely lost just like v West Brom. But there were a few promising signs - having the time to look up when in his own D and look to pass it to someone

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Apr 2013 20:08

Royal Lady

Not sure if I'm meant to impart this, but I've heard that we won't be playing Shorey again as if we play him one more game we have to give him a contract for next year which keeps him on same money as this year, or something like that. Shades of the Shaun Goater debacle it seems....

So he was recalled for 2 games just so we could tease him with that tantalising one game from a ridiculous Championship wage?

Sounds like someone's pulling your leg.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 16 Apr 2013 20:29

Maybe when we got him, we agreed to this contract because we didn't think we'd need to play him as much as we have.

Don't you remember when we didn't play Goater because it would trigger an extra payment clause to his previous club or whatever it was?

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 16 Apr 2013 20:53

Ian Royal
Royal Lady

So he was recalled for 2 games just so we could tease him with that tantalising one game from a ridiculous Championship wage?

I think you've nailed it.

In fact I think we only signed him in the first place so we could set up this scenario as payback for last time.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Apr 2013 21:59

Royal Lady Maybe when we got him, we agreed to this contract because we didn't think we'd need to play him as much as we have.

Don't you remember when we didn't play Goater because it would trigger an extra payment clause to his previous club or whatever it was?

Yeah, although I think a more important reason was that he looked shot and incapable of scoring in the second season. I don't buy it. And I certainly don't buy that we didn't expect to have to use him much seeing as the alternative was someone in their mid 30s who'd been in and out of the side the previous season.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 17 Apr 2013 06:36

Ian Royal
Royal Lady Maybe when we got him, we agreed to this contract because we didn't think we'd need to play him as much as we have.

Yeah, although I think a more important reason was that he looked shot and incapable of scoring in the second season. I don't buy it. And I certainly don't buy that we didn't expect to have to use him much seeing as the alternative was someone in their mid 30s who'd been in and out of the side the previous season.

What RL has said sounds plausible to me and I guess Adkins would have wanted to give him a look, even if it was just for one game. I think if survival was still probable then such concerns would have gone out of the window, but given the circumstances it makes sense to save cash.

Could be utter bollox though and Adkins might just think he's awful....

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 17 Apr 2013 11:40

SydenhamRoyal
Tommy Youlden's Ears Not sure I wholly buy the Carrico love in yet. Still looked pretty unfit to me.

I agree. I thought he was ok but not great. At times he looked completely lost just like v West Brom. But there were a few promising signs - having the time to look up when in his own D and look to pass it to someone

You did watch the game, right?