reading ladies

fridays gone

reading ladies

by fridays gone » 04 May 2013 11:05

Reading ladies are playing at home on the 12th of May against West Ham ladies. Reading ladies play their home games at Barlows Park in Tadley. Who's up for coming to this one?? Its a 2 pm kick off, there is a clubhouse there. :D
Come on 'Back The Boys (Girls) and make some noise!!'

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: reading ladies

by sandman » 04 May 2013 11:30

Nah. you're alright.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 04 May 2013 11:43

fridays gone Reading ladies are playing at home on the 12th of May against West Ham ladies. Reading ladies play their home games at Barlows Park in Tadley. Who's up for coming to this one?? Its a 2 pm kick off, there is a clubhouse there. :D
Come on 'Back The Boys (Girls) and make some noise!!'

Fingers crossed, they will be celebrating winning the Championship that day.

A win at QPR tomorrow (QPR are rock botton of the table and RFCW beat them 8-0 at home and, IIRC, were winning 1-0 away when the away game was abandoned earlier this season due to waterlogged pitch) and a draw away to Millwall this coming Tuesday will clinch them the title.

Well worth going to watch them play. They have some extremely talented young players who play fantastic, free flowing, passing football (of the type we would love to see the men play) and score goals like they're going out of fashion (won 12-0 in the Berks & Bucks County Cup last week).

Tomorrow they are playing QPR at Uxbridge FC, a nice ground with a very good club house. It is only minutes away from the M4 so would make a very easy away trip (not that much longer than Tadley).

Uxbridge FC
Honeycroft
Horton Road
West Drayton
Middlesex
UB7 8HX

Kickoff is 2pm, so why not come along and see the women do what the men failed to do last week i.e. give the 'Fake Hoops' a real hiding! :wink:

If you do go along, look out for Lois Roche in the centre of midfield, as well as Fran Kirby (league top scorer by a long way) and Rebecca Jane up front as some of the stand out players for a very good team.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 04 May 2013 11:46

sandman Nah. you're alright.

Sorry, I forgot, some on here prefer a more direct approach over free flowing (and scoring), passing football! :wink:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 04 May 2013 12:19

What does this have to do with Football?

fridays gone

by fridays gone » 04 May 2013 13:00

sandman What does this have to do with Football?

It's got a sight more to do with football than your inane comments. No wonder certain clubs we're quick to slag off in this forum think of us mostly as being plastic fans. In the most we are, if you support A CLUB it should be the whole of that club not just the first team. I expect like many who frequent this forum you'll return to being a part time fan until such times as we look like getting promotion or achieve it.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 04 May 2013 13:15

You suspect wrongly.

I just don't feel that women are capable of playing football. I'm not trying to be chauvinistic or make fun of the feminists or do any kind of thing like that but what I'm trying to say is, I just can't conceive of a woman having the capabilities to play football in an entertaining way. They're good for scrubbing the potatoes and washing the carrots, mopping the floors and raising the babies. I think also the men have let the women come a higher position than they're able and they are now under the mistaken belief that they're capable of playing football.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVJPAe4-lBM
Last edited by sandman on 04 May 2013 13:19, edited 1 time in total.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 04 May 2013 13:17

Come on, you can do better than that

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 04 May 2013 13:18

TTIUWP

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 04 May 2013 17:33

Dunno, any stunners in the team? Do they swap shirts at the end? :wink:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 04 May 2013 18:14

sandman You suspect wrongly.

I just don't feel that women are capable of playing football. I'm not trying to be chauvinistic or make fun of the feminists or do any kind of thing like that but what I'm trying to say is, I just can't conceive of a woman having the capabilities to play football in an entertaining way.

And with that comment, you have just proven beyond doubt that you are a complete and utter ignorant, bigotted cnunt! :twisted:

What's more, get yourself some boots and ask whether you can play against some of the Reading Ladies. Not only will they run rings around you but they will also probably beat the shyte out of you physically !

I once watched a friendly (wasn't really meant to happen) between a good women's U18 team and a men's U18 team. Not only did the women hold their own in terms of footballing ability but the ref also had to start protecting the guys as the women were getting too physical in their challenges!

As you can't 'conceive of a woman having the capabilities........' perhaps you should tackle your ignorance by getting along to see the Reading FC Women's team play, rather than just spouting shyte on here.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 04 May 2013 18:15

Barry the bird boggler Dunno, any stunners in the team? Do they swap shirts at the end? :wink:

Yes (but they're in the team on the basis of their footballing abilities) and No!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 10 May 2013 12:30

OK, on the basis that we have had precious little to celebrate on the men's front this season, I would like to highlight the fact that last night Reading FC Women clinched the FA Women's Premier League Southern Title (with one game to spare) following a 2-0 win over second placed Millwall at The Den.

What's more, it was a damn good game of football - both teams playing the attractive fast, free flowing, passing (and attacking) football that we are only just starting to see under Adkins.

Pretty good crowd (for women's football) too.

You can see the trophy presentation and another good game when Reading take on West Ham at 2pm this Sunday, at Tadley Calleva FC, Barlow's Park Silchester Road, between Tadley and Pamber Heath. Postcode is RG26 3PX

There's a club house bar there too!

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 10 May 2013 12:33

Excellent work - congratulations to all involved.

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 10 May 2013 12:37

RoyalBlue
sandman You suspect wrongly.

I just don't feel that women are capable of playing football. I'm not trying to be chauvinistic or make fun of the feminists or do any kind of thing like that but what I'm trying to say is, I just can't conceive of a woman having the capabilities to play football in an entertaining way.

And with that comment, you have just proven beyond doubt that you are a complete and utter ignorant, bigotted cnunt! :twisted:

What's more, get yourself some boots and ask whether you can play against some of the Reading Ladies. Not only will they run rings around you but they will also probably beat the shyte out of you physically !

I once watched a friendly (wasn't really meant to happen) between a good women's U18 team and a men's U18 team. Not only did the women hold their own in terms of footballing ability but the ref also had to start protecting the guys as the women were getting too physical in their challenges!

As you can't 'conceive of a woman having the capabilities........' perhaps you should tackle your ignorance by getting along to see the Reading FC Women's team play, rather than just spouting shyte on here.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 10 May 2013 18:18

Do they do headers yet?

The Cube

by The Cube » 10 May 2013 18:58

I probably will go, as I am in Tadley this weekend. Slightly irritated that there is nothing left to play for, in fact.

I will be hoping for a massive improvement on the last full Reading FC Women's match I watched at Didcot. It was early in the season and the players clearly had no idea of the names of their team-mates or what their strengths were. There had obviously not been even one training session where anyone paid attention. I immediately dumped my plans of a regular trip to home games. Estimated attendance excluding family and friends of the players - 3 (me, plus a dad and daughter who had popped along).

The previous game I went to was a 9-1 defeat at Reading Town, but on that occasion Reading did play as a team and were just up against far superior opposition.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 10 May 2013 18:58

Not for you.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 10 May 2013 20:11

Arch Not for you.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeey!

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 11 May 2013 01:59

I remember playing in a 'soccer' 5-a-side competition at college. The female team joined in. You got booed by the crowd if you tried
to tackle them. You had to run (walk) alongside them and wait politely for them to lose control of the ball.

I would actually welcome joint sport. If the female is good enough to compete at the highest level then fair play.