Shorey

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Shorey

by 72 bus » 05 May 2013 18:38

Silver Fox What an absolute bunch of gimps post on here! Given that Shorey wasn't in a hotel somewhere near Fulham I think it was pretty obvious he wasn't in the squad and so could do whatever the fvck he wanted, which may or may not of included booze. Get over yourselves

The realisation that he was not anywhere near being in the squad for Fulham should have told him that the last place he needed to be was in Sakura pissed up.
He does not get a start for Reading any more because he is always out on the piss, and only a complete fvckwit like you would argue otherwise.
Get over yourself you complete dysfunctional tool.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 05 May 2013 18:53

P!ssed Off One more game would trigger a contract extension, hence why he hasn't played in ages.
If Kelly was injured Harte would come in, if Harte was unavailable switch Gunter to left and Cummings on the right.
Perhaps a bit silly to go out the night before a game in case he is seen by Reading fans, but not really much in the way of bad professionalism.

Agree with all this. As you say, he's played the max amount of matches before the clause would kick in.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 05 May 2013 18:55

72 Bus -That's actually libellous because, as far as I am aware, it is completely untrue.

If you actually read what I and someone else told you, which I also mentioned some time ago and was LOL'ed at for, he is in a "Goater" situation where if we play him, he triggers a clause that would see us paying him a Prem contract in the Championship - that's why we've not been playing him and that is why he is free to do whatever he likes, as he will not play for us again. I presume he is maintaining his fitness etc as he'll be looking for another team, but it is perfectly acceptable for him to go for a few drinks on a Friday night or a Saturday morning if he so wishes. :roll:

RoyalTank

by RoyalTank » 05 May 2013 19:17

Royal Lady 72 Bus -That's actually libellous because, as far as I am aware, it is completely untrue.

If you actually read what I and someone else told you, which I also mentioned some time ago and was LOL'ed at for, he is in a "Goater" situation where if we play him, he triggers a clause that would see us paying him a Prem contract in the Championship - that's why we've not been playing him and that is why he is free to do whatever he likes, as he will not play for us again. I presume he is maintaining his fitness etc as he'll be looking for another team, but it is perfectly acceptable for him to go for a few drinks on a Friday night or a Saturday morning if he so wishes. :roll:

Even if this clause in his contract is true (I'm not saying that it isn't, I just don't know this for 100%), he is still under contract for Reading FC, thus pressuming he should be available for selection every match (excluding injury). He might not have been selected but this could also have been a reason for that, lets face it he has hardly been the model professional in the past.

Even if he hasn't been selected I don't think it is professional to be in Sakura the night before a game, he is an experienced player who should be looking to set an example to the younger squad members. It just doesn't sit well with me knowing that he is out on the piss the night before a game. Do you think that Paul Scholes or Frank Lampard would be out on the Grzegorz Rasiak the night before a game? Of course they wouldn't, even if they weren't selected because their manager looks at them to be a role model to the rest of the team.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 05 May 2013 19:28

Royal tank and 72 bus, thanks for embellishing my point

RoyalTank

by RoyalTank » 05 May 2013 19:31

Silver Fox Royal tank and 72 bus, thanks for embellishing my point

Sorry I forgot that nobody else was allowed an opinion.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 05 May 2013 20:32

Royal Lady 72 Bus -That's actually libellous because, as far as I am aware, it is completely untrue.

If you actually read what I and someone else told you, which I also mentioned some time ago and was LOL'ed at for, he is in a "Goater" situation where if we play him, he triggers a clause that would see us paying him a Prem contract in the Championship - that's why we've not been playing him and that is why he is free to do whatever he likes, as he will not play for us again.

Players and their agents must be mad to sign these sort of contracts with RFC. We are a club that always seem happy to cut off our noses and spite our faces in order to avoid triggering these sort of extensions. Salako, Goater and now Shorey just to mention a few.

CayeneMatt

by CayeneMatt » 05 May 2013 21:17

His off field antics are common knowledge and more than 1 thread has been removed on here because of it being brought in to the public domain.

What's unacceptable is when the off field antics affect your form, and that is clearly what happened with him. His drop in form was nothing short of chronic.

He was the original big time Charlie who got his head turned during our first foray in to the Permiership. It's great to see he's reverted to type and maintained his professionalism. Not.

I have to laugh at all the muppets on here who kept wanting Shorey at LB when it was plain to see he'd become utter dross. Ian Harte is completely shot, but at least his professionalism is keeping him in the frame and on the bench.

Thanks Shorey, you're a twat. Leave your pass at the door.

RoyalinBracknell

by RoyalinBracknell » 05 May 2013 21:36

RoyalBlue

If you actually read what I and someone else told you, which I also mentioned some time ago and was LOL'ed at for, he is in a "Goater" situation where if we play him, he triggers a clause that would see us paying him a Prem contract in the Championship - that's why we've not been playing him and that is why he is free to do whatever he likes, as he will not play for us again.

Players and their agents must be mad to sign these sort of contracts with RFC. We are a club that always seem happy to cut off our noses and spite our faces in order to avoid triggering these sort of extensions. Salako, Goater and now Shorey just to mention a few.

With the Goater situation, if I remember correctly wasn't it actually the case that we had to pay Man City an additional sum if we played him again? Or was there a contract issue too? (I don't know how genuine that was as a reason for leaving Goater out of the side though - I seem to recall it being speculated that Man City were happy to renegotiate the deal but Reading didn't want to.)

As for Shorey, I thought he was pretty much our best player in the first half of the season. Not quite sure what's gone wrong for him since Christmas. It's a sad way to end; I can't see him being here next season now.

Stevie G

by Stevie G » 05 May 2013 22:30

[quote="MmmMonsterMunch"]Get rid - no footballer worth keeping would be out drinking the night before a game.

No, they don't make 'em like Robin Friday anymore :D

Friend of mine played forward and was only at his best after a pint, i the could never get over the smokes at half time either.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 05 May 2013 23:43

RoyalTank

You're welcome to an opinion. just don't get upset when you get called out because you're a cock

Far Canal

by Far Canal » 05 May 2013 23:44

RoyalinBracknell
As for Shorey, I thought he was pretty much our best player in the first half of the season. Not quite sure what's gone wrong for him since Christmas. It's a sad way to end; I can't see him being here next season now.

Perhaps he figured out he wasn't going to be offered another contract.

RoyalTank

by RoyalTank » 05 May 2013 23:45

Silver Fox
RoyalTank

You're welcome to an opinion. just don't get upset when you get called out because you're a cock

wow.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 06 May 2013 00:19

RoyalTank Even if he hasn't been selected I don't think it is professional to be in Sakura the night before a game

Why not? Will it impact his ability to follow the score on Sky Sports?

RoyalTank

by RoyalTank » 06 May 2013 00:24

Maguire
RoyalTank Even if he hasn't been selected I don't think it is professional to be in Sakura the night before a game

Why not? Will it impact his ability to follow the score on Sky Sports?

Read on...

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 06 May 2013 00:31

RoyalBlue

Not forgetting Gary Phillipps whom we signed from Brentford and played 24 games. A 25th would have triggered a clause in his contract for something or other.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 06 May 2013 00:45

Why does everyone on here write such crap? He had his head turned?? Of course he had his f'ing head tuned - he played for England!!

He's a very good player who is fed up with the situation, he's in his early thirties and wants a drink.

BUT, if you can GENUINELY say that you have NEVER wanted more money at a different (and probably better) company, have NEVER put in a half shift at work because you don't feel like working and if you can HONESTLY say that you wouldn't live life by slightly different rules if you had enough money in the bank to retire comfortably IMMEDIATELY... then feel free to judge others by the angelic standards you yourself live by. If, however, any of the above is untrue then perhaps give the guy a break?

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 06 May 2013 01:20

PistolPete Poor ickle Nicky, I'd have his babies if he'd let me :?

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 06 May 2013 02:24

TheLawnMowerMan Jo Mills will be back next season

I wasn't aware that we had a female in the squad.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 06 May 2013 09:27

Shorey in Sakura Friday night, Morrison in on Saturday night.

Shock horror.....