End of season

URZZZZZ

End of season

by URZZZZZ » 19 May 2013 19:08

So the season has finished with a 4-2 defeat and relegation, obviously not what people expected at the start of the season, but if we are all honest, only a handfull expected more.

So now its all over what positives can we take from the season, if there is any?

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: End of season

by Winchester Royal » 19 May 2013 19:10

URZZZZZ So the season has finished with a 4-2 defeat and relegation, obviously not what people expected at the start of the season, but if we are all honest, only a handfull expected more.

So now its all over what positives can we take from the season, if there is any?

We've had a great example of how NOT to conduct a premiership campaign, so won't do it again?

scumbag

by scumbag » 19 May 2013 19:12

Winchester Royal
URZZZZZ So the season has finished with a 4-2 defeat and relegation, obviously not what people expected at the start of the season, but if we are all honest, only a handfull expected more.

We've had a great example of how NOT to conduct a premiership campaign, so won't do it again?

:lol:

CavershamRoyal

by CavershamRoyal » 19 May 2013 19:13

- Alex McCarthy
- Robson-Kanu looking very good, hopefully we can keep him
- Looking like we can pass
- Knowing we need to invest more if we go back up.

Otherwise... not much.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 19 May 2013 19:14

We've got ourselves out of that stupid league and back into a more competitive one with better ticket prices and better away days?

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 19 May 2013 19:14

No positives whatsoever, a downright disaster from start to finish, looks liked we learned BIG lessons from 2008 ...

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 19 May 2013 19:17

Defensively we are a shambles. Needs looking at as that's been the main reason for our relegation IMO. Perhaps a new defensive coach?

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 19 May 2013 19:18

To be honest, I thought at the start of the season that we would be higher than Southampton, who I predicted to be relegated. I thought we'd finish 17th or higher until 10 games in then I knew, we're going down.

Positives?
Alex McCarthy's superman performances in certain games
McCleary showing he can be a threat
Kebe's Newcastle wind up
Gunter showing he can be a tidy player
Guthrie, who will be our driving force next season
Le Fondre's first Prem goal. He can score at any level.
HRK - showing spurts of greatness
most of all, getting in Nigel Adkins

There are quite a few positives but certainly nowhere near as many as there were negatives. I have high hopes for next season and already looking forward to next season.
Last edited by AirRaidSiren on 19 May 2013 19:19, edited 1 time in total.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 19 May 2013 19:18

URZZZZZ So the season has finished with a 4-2 defeat and relegation, obviously not what people expected at the start of the season
only all of the pundits, newspapers and betting shops.

I just take skant consolation that we have finished above 'arry and his money men.

Its all down to Anton now

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 19 May 2013 19:21

AirRaidSiren

Kebe's Newcastle wind up

by far the greatest moment in the season! :D :lol: :mrgreen:

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 19 May 2013 19:22

AthleticoSpizz
URZZZZZ So the season has finished with a 4-2 defeat and relegation, obviously not what people expected at the start of the season

I just take skant consolation that we have finished above 'arry and his money men.

indeed it is, the next few months will really show what he is about and his personal ambition for the club moving forward

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 19 May 2013 19:23

URZZZZZ
AthleticoSpizz

indeed it is, the next few months will really show what he is about and his personal ambition for the club moving forward

when does the transfer window open? june 1st or july 1st?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 19 May 2013 19:24

for Reading?

April 1st

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 19 May 2013 19:25

I'd be lieing if i said i wasn't disappointed after that season. But really looking forward to the next in what looks a very competitive league again, but I have high hopes and am confident that with afew new additions and clearing out the dead wood that we cant mount a strong challenge promotion.

Positives:

HRK
Gunter
Le Fondre

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 19 May 2013 19:25

not 100% sure when it opens , but judging by last transfer window we can tell anton likes to get the deals done nice and early

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 19 May 2013 19:30

URZZZZZ not 100% sure when it opens , but judging by last transfer window we can tell anton likes to get the deals done nice and early

Sunday May 19th at midnight the transfer window opens, with transfers going through 1st July.

Once were Biscuitmen

by Once were Biscuitmen » 19 May 2013 19:31

Sigh, the biggest 'mistake' most people point out is not spending money. We had an average, albeit over-achieving Championship squad playing in the Premiership and this was always the most likely outcome.

If Anton wants lose lots of his Dad's money subsidizing a loss making business so we can achieve the dream of being a mid-table football club I'll happily enjoy his indulgence with everybody else.

However if he wants the club to be run as a fairly normal business- like SJM- then we will be faced with much the same corporate meta-game should we be promoted again.

Perhaps the best lesson would be for the fans to accept life is not fair in football finances and to enjoy the ride with a bit less moaning.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 19 May 2013 19:33

^ A fiicking men to that

But.......

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 19 May 2013 19:37

Once were Biscuitmen Sigh, the biggest 'mistake' most people point out is not spending money. We had an average, albeit over-achieving Championship squad playing in the Premiership and this was always the most likely outcome.
If Anton wants lose lots of his Dad's money subsidizing a loss making business so we can achieve the dream of being a mid-table football club I'll happily enjoy his indulgence with everybody else.

However if he wants the club to be run as a fairly normal business- like SJM- then we will be faced with much the same corporate meta-game should we be promoted again.

Perhaps the best lesson would be for the fans to accept life is not fair in football finances and to enjoy the ride with a bit less moaning.

we could all see that, so why could anton and the club officials not? unless there happy just collecting the parachute payments

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 19 May 2013 19:39

USA_Loyal_Royal
AirRaidSiren

Kebe's Newcastle wind up

by far the greatest moment in the season! :D :lol: :mrgreen:

And that pretty much sums up the season on the pitch doesn't it?

Although this was nice. Very nice:-

http://www.dailymotion.com/benreadingfc#video=xx5k4a