RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Pogrebnyak

by RoyalBlue » 13 Nov 2013 17:01

St. Brynjar
Maguire
melonhead level between pog and Guthrie for POS so far for me.
but POG is on the rise, and guthries stock is falling, so...

Guthrie is also a massive bellend, which has to be factored in.

Didn't stop Hunt winning it.

Hunt was extremely highly thought of within the club itself, particularly in light of the amount of work he undertook for them within the local community. Was apparently always the first to volunteer to do anything and, before leaving the club,made sure that he persuaded Noel to carry on in that role. That resulted in Noel being equally highly thought of and missed when he left.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 14 Nov 2013 15:56

RoyalBlue
Hunt was extremely highly thought of within the club itself, particularly in light of the amount of work he undertook for them within the local community.

Most of us didn't want our drive tarmaced, though.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Nov 2013 23:06

Extended-Phenotype
RoyalBlue
Hunt was extremely highly thought of within the club itself, particularly in light of the amount of work he undertook for them within the local community.

Is that how you spell that? It reads more like Tar-Mace to me. Which sounds deadly..

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Nov 2013 23:10

I think the Hunt's would have gone generic rather than named brand.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 15 Nov 2013 09:54

tarmacked

/interestingly

Actually an anachronistic term as no one uses tar in their macadams any more because it gives bad AIDS.

/not really

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 15 Nov 2013 10:56

NewCorkSeth
Extended-Phenotype
RoyalBlue

Is that how you spell that? It reads more like Tar-Mace to me. Which sounds deadly..

It looked wrong when I wrote it; my marginal concern stretched to typing "tarmaced" into google, the results gave me enough confidence to proceed.

All I can say is that I regret my negligence and apologise for any offence caused.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 15 Nov 2013 16:57

Extended-Phenotype
RoyalBlue

A cheap, obvious and potentially racist (from someone who backs Roberts and his campaigning :shock: ) quip. Also one that very wrongly belittles what both Hunts did in terms of community work - if still in doubt speak to Dave Evans.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 16 Nov 2013 11:54

Platypuss tarmacked

/interestingly

Actually an anachronistic term as no one uses tar in their macadams any more because it gives bad AIDS.

/not really

Tarmac is a trade name, so to avoid risk of litigation, use the term 'asphalted' instead.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 19 Nov 2013 17:49

RoyalBlue
Extended-Phenotype
RoyalBlue

A cheap, obvious and potentially racist (from someone who backs Roberts and his campaigning :shock: ) quip. Also one that very wrongly belittles what both Hunts did in terms of community work - if still in doubt speak to Dave Evans.

Just got off the phone with him. He said Hunt did nothing and that he hates you and you smell like tramps.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 19 Nov 2013 17:56

anyone hear the hunt brother interview the other day on talk sport?

noel admitted that he knew ghost goal wasnt a goal, but celebrated anyway
steven tried to say something to the ref/lino, and noel told him to shut up

wrong thread, and possibly forum, but what the hell

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 19 Nov 2013 21:18

Extended-Phenotype
RoyalBlue A cheap, obvious and potentially racist (from someone who backs Roberts and his campaigning :shock: ) quip. Also one that very wrongly belittles what both Hunts did in terms of community work - if still in doubt speak to Dave Evans.

Just got off the phone with him. He said Hunt did nothing and that he hates you and you smell like tramps.

I'm hurt! Saying that about me after he and I had such a pleasant discussion at a football presentation just days after N Hunt was told he could leave. What's more he seemed genuinely sad that he had lost the assistance of both Hunts - obviously an extremely good actor.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 19 Nov 2013 23:21

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 30 Nov 2013 18:06

Reading4eva, you seem to have gone all quiet on this issue lately, pavel is our most consistent performer now, he loves this club and his showings prove it.
Just admit it you are wrong

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 30 Nov 2013 18:10

windermere_royal Reading4eva, you seem to have gone all quiet on this issue lately, pavel is our most consistent performer now, he loves this club and his showings prove it.
Just admit it you are wrong

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 30 Nov 2013 18:23

ok maybe loving the club is putting it a bit strongly. but he is committed to us and playing with a smile and passion , his celebrations prove this

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 30 Nov 2013 18:36

These are all just gold.

Reading4eva Guys he is toilet. I will be happier if we got shot of him and went after someone more hungry.

If Hunt and Pog were both out of contract, I would of kept Noel over him all day long

Reading4eva I would say get rid now! Can't stand him, crap uninterested picking up a huge wage. I would actually say start Samuel upfront against Ipswich, see what the lad can do. Pog no longer deserves his place here. Even Mass Sarr was better!

Reading4eva How? I don't rate the bloke, I don't like his attitude either. I wish he'd gone to Fulham back last July and we hadn't signed a new striker. He isn't agile, he doesn't bother running. I honestly can't see anyone taking him off our hands though. If anyone wants him though, I think we should get rid for free.

I'd rather Paddy Madden of Yeovil than this useless giant

He looks like Tidyup in my avatar

Reading4eva 15 goals!?!?! He can't get one against a League Two side who for large spells last season found themselves fighting relegation from the football league. How anyone thinks he is any good is beyond me. We could play Morecambe, Accrington, AFC Wimbledon or even Newport County and I would bet you he wouldn't score a goal.

The Russian World Cup forwards must feel fairly comfortable knowing this buffoon is behind them in the pecking order

Reading4eva Why keep showing that pissing goal against Chelsea, which was from a fantastic cross anyway! One goal doesn't make him a class act. In fact it proved what a lazy fecker he was for the rest of the season. When we needed him against Wigan, QPR, Villa etc he didn't show up!

The guy is rubbish, he does show the odd glimpse of brilliance, but if I have one excellent day and 20 crap days at work I would still miss my target!

However if he does stay and wanders around like he don't give a toss, I will give him a verbal boot up the ass. I suggest Yeovil would be the best game. Unless he does well for us, he can forget about Brazil in the summer!

Reading4eva He strolls about with no care in the world
There is more passion in a conker
Hes on stupid wages at my club
Wigan at home which all but confirmed our relegation :cry:

Reading4eva Can we not just sell him to Fulham? Or give him to them for free.

They are probably wiping the sweat of nearly purchasing a donkey from their foreheads

And my personal favourite:
Reading4eva I cant wait till this man goes. He is without a doubt my most hated Reading player ever.

Apart from one great header vs Chelsea and maybe the West Brom game, he has been complete crap. I cant see who in there right mind would want him.

He doesnt give 100% from where I am sat, strolls around like he dont care. He should give 110% whilst hes here, but instead he strolls around like a peacock at a parade.

Unless he gets back in the Premier League with Reading, and contributing to get us there, he will never play Premier League football again, maybe not even a full Championship game. Worst signing ever, worse than Mass Sarr.

His career is effectively over. Good riddance to him when he leaves (unless he does the unthinkable and turns it right around). I dont care where he goes if he does. After yesterdays performance, Barnet, Southport or Forest Green Rovers looks like his level :evil:

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 30 Nov 2013 19:10

He was always going to turn out good once he got his head down and got on with it. Let's be fair, he is far too good for us and this league.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 30 Nov 2013 19:20

Arnie_Pie He was always going to turn out good once he got his head down and got on with it. Let's be fair, he is far too good for us and this league.

some of it could be down to the fact his wife is settled and wants to stay in London, I think if he continues to impress then there will be interest in the next few windows, but staying in or near to London might not be an option. he could stay here till 2016 and then accept a lesser contract if we don`t go up or upset the missus and move somewhere overseas or a lesser PL side a long way from the capital.
Last edited by windermere_royal on 30 Nov 2013 22:00, edited 1 time in total.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 30 Nov 2013 21:00

windermere_royal
Arnie_Pie He was always going to turn out good once he got his head down and got on with it. Let's be fair, he is far too good for us and this league.

some of it could be down to the fact his wife is settled and wants to stay in London...

I doubt it. He clearly wanted out in the summer but a move didn't happen for whatever reason. He knows if he gets his head down and bangs a few goals in, he could get a move in Jan or next summer. SJM wont bankroll his wages if we balls up promotion, so he'll get his move next summer even if we have to bite the bullet and let him go for a lot less than we value him.

964 posts