Opposition fans back from the game

4486 posts
Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by Angry Shed Sex » 12 Sep 2015 00:13

sandman http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/355190/what-worried-me-tonight/#5

Ipswich fans take a break from ploughing fields and murdering prostitutes to proclaim Reading as "not particularly good".

farmer streete I will be amazed if Reading finish in the top half of the table, they were not very good.

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 12 Sep 2015 00:27

Angry Shed Sex
sandman http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/355190/what-worried-me-tonight/#5

Ipswich fans take a break from ploughing fields and murdering prostitutes to proclaim Reading as "not particularly good".

farmer streete I will be amazed if Reading finish in the top half of the table, they were not very good.

They're obviously bitter so I don't know why you bother.

Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

by Angry Shed Sex » 12 Sep 2015 00:28

Guilty pleasure.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Sep 2015 00:35

It's understandable for fans to lemment their own team instead of praising the other - especially with an embarrassing result. The truth is Ipswich were poor and we were clinical but we weren't exactly world beaters.

There wasn't a 4 goal difference between the two performances and the game could have easily been different had Pitman not hit the crossbar, but that's football. We thoroughly deserved the win but 5-1 was a somewhat harsh scoreline.
Last edited by CountryRoyal on 12 Sep 2015 01:13, edited 1 time in total.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 12 Sep 2015 00:39

CountryRoyal It's understandable for fans to lemment their own team instead of praising the other - especially with an embarrassing result. The truth is Ipswich were poor and we were clinical but we weren't exactly world beaters.

There wasn't a 4 goal difference between the two performances and the game could have easily been different had Pitman not hit the post, but that's football. We thoroughly deserved the win but 5-1 was a somewhat harsh scoreline.

fcuk that, we ripped them a new arsehole

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Sep 2015 00:42

leon
CountryRoyal It's understandable for fans to lemment their own team instead of praising the other - especially with an embarrassing result. The truth is Ipswich were poor and we were clinical but we weren't exactly world beaters.

There wasn't a 4 goal difference between the two performances and the game could have easily been different had Pitman not hit the post, but that's football. We thoroughly deserved the win but 5-1 was a somewhat harsh scoreline.

fcuk that, we ripped them a new arsehole

Shhhhhhhh. I don't want us to sound smug incase we lose against Derby :?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 12 Sep 2015 00:45

If only Vydra kept that shot down rather than miscue it. If only Obita put more Benton that shot at the end. If only that ball bounced kindly to Quinn from the corner. oxf*rd me it could of been 8:1.

If only we scored that penalty at Birmingham. If only Bond held onto that cross for the win at Sheffield. oxf*rd me we would be top 2!

OH and Pitman never hit the post HTH.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Sep 2015 01:13

paultheroyal OH and Pitman never hit the post HTH.

Edited ta

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 12 Sep 2015 05:39

One last thing, Reading are the epitomy of everything wrong with modern football. Soulless stadium, fans who dont stand up to celebrate goals and clap to inane drums all game, and paying out mega fees for loan players! Add to that there insistence to go down at every opportunity, I hope they fail this season.

Safe to say there are more popular teams than us.

toppy
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by toppy » 12 Sep 2015 07:21

St. Brynjar
One last thing, Reading are the epitomy of everything wrong with modern football. Soulless stadium, fans who dont stand up to celebrate goals and clap to inane drums all game, and paying out mega fees for loan players! Add to that there insistence to go down at every opportunity, I hope they fail this season.

Well if they stopped kicking us. There was a reason they had 4 yellows to our zero... I read a few of their threads and they are a bitter bunch. I think they'll play the same and win many more games than they lose.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 12 Sep 2015 07:42

CountryRoyal There wasn't a 4 goal difference between the two performances and the game could have easily been different had Pitman not hit the post.

Contrary to whatever Soccer AM, Sky Sports, rumble stix and skinny jeans tell you, football is won on converting your goal scoring chances and stopping the opposition converting theirs. Thats it, nothing more. We were successful 5 times, them once, and so a 4 goal difference was exactly the difference between the sides, in fact nothing could describe the difference better.

Oh and hitting the post is missing btw. May as well have been 40 yards wide.

Matt de K

by Matt de K » 12 Sep 2015 09:11

paultheroyal If only Vydra kept that shot down rather than miscue it. If only Obita put more Benton that shot at the end. If only that ball bounced kindly to Quinn from the corner. oxf*rd me it could of been 8:1.

If only we scored that penalty at Birmingham. If only Bond held onto that cross for the win at Sheffield. oxf*rd me we would be top 2!

OH and Pitman never hit the post HTH.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 12 Sep 2015 09:15

Winston Smith

+1

A miss is a miss. It is exciting at the time when a shot is that close but it is still just an inaccurate shot/ header or whatever.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 12 Sep 2015 09:33

West Stand Man
Winston Smith

+1

A miss is a miss. It is exciting at the time when a shot is that close but it is still just an inaccurate shot/ header or whatever.

There's some romanticism in the failure if you've hit the woodwork

elrey

by elrey » 12 Sep 2015 09:43

If you hit the bar five times, you are probably a better team than if you hit the corner flag five time. You might lose, but your chances of winning the next match are far higher than if you hit the corner flag all the time.

Hope is often what you look for. When we lost to Brum, people said they played well, there was hope it wasn't going to become last seasons wet fish carp.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 12 Sep 2015 09:53

harry
West Stand Man
Winston Smith

+1

There's some romanticism in the failure if you've hit the woodwork

Totally agree with that. The sound of the ball smacking back off the crossbar at the moment the crowd have all held their breath is something amazing. But in terms of affecting who wins the game? Nah. Its a miss, a fail, may have well have spooned it out the ground for all the good it did.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 12 Sep 2015 10:15

Tbh i prefer hitting the post to actually scoring.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 12 Sep 2015 10:25

I thought Ipswich had some useful players tbf. McGoldrick looked an absolute baller and the likes of Sears (who really should have scored when he rinsed McShane in the first half) and Fraser are lively.

Reading still completely deserved the win though, the margin of it is neither here nor there.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 12 Sep 2015 11:01

St. Brynjar

But their lot must be vying for a top 5 place for bitterness and envy. Talking of us buying the league but overlooking the fact that an awful lot of our transfer business will have been covered by the sale of one of our academy products!

And if we weren't very good, that makes their team - that they have spent so long developing at no cost :roll: - really shyte!

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 12 Sep 2015 11:12

Jagermesiter1871 Tbh i prefer hitting the post to actually scoring.

I love it when a shot goes in off the post. Sa's second reminded me of Convey's away at Wolves in the 106 season.

4486 posts