Opposition fans back from the game

4486 posts
Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by Winston Smith » 14 Oct 2015 10:21

CountryRoyal

Wales haven't scored so they're obviously not the better team...

Note to CR - Wales scored twice and won the game. Probably best not to decide who was the best team based on only half the information.

lewesroyal

by lewesroyal » 14 Oct 2015 10:29

CountryRoyal

Wales haven't scored so they're obviously not the better team...

This completely ignores the fact that defending is a vital part of the game. Andorra may have the best defence in the world (purely theoretical) in this case so may actually be the "Better" team.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 14 Oct 2015 11:21

No point trying mate. CR gets a hard on over those possession stats, probably because Guillem Balague & Jeff Stelling tells him to

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 14 Oct 2015 14:35

Obviously taking the piss because some of you lot would believe that just because they hadn't scored, they weren't the better team.

:|

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 14 Oct 2015 15:15

CountryRoyal Obviously taking the piss because some of you lot would believe that just because they hadn't scored, they weren't the better team.

but they had way more corners so if they lost the game the fans would have still gone home happy......right?

#CountryRoyalLogic

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 14 Oct 2015 15:17

Opposition fans back from the game. and there was me thinking this thread had something to do with what other fans were saying..it`s anything but at the moment :shock:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 14 Oct 2015 15:20

Winston Smith
CountryRoyal Obviously taking the piss because some of you lot would believe that just because they hadn't scored, they weren't the better team.

but they had way more corners so if they lost the game the fans would have still gone home happy......right?

#CountryRoyalLogic

Not at all, and if you look through any of my posts I'm not saying they are necessarily good indicators, just that more times then not if you dominate all the stats the chances are you were the better team.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 14 Oct 2015 15:22

windermere_royal Opposition fans back from the game. and there was me thinking this thread had something to do with what other fans were saying..it`s anything but at the moment :shock:

Don't worry Windermere, I will rescue it Saturday night.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 14 Oct 2015 15:35

CountryRoyal
Winston Smith

#CountryRoyalLogic

Not at all, and if you look through any of my posts I'm not saying they are necessarily good indicators, just that more times then not if you dominate all the stats the chances are you were the better team.

'better' at what?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 14 Oct 2015 16:45

Winston Smith 'better' at what?

Many things, but ultimately better at creating chances which probability dictates gives you more likelihood of scoring a goal.

Jesus wept. Are you being difficult on purpose?

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 14 Oct 2015 16:59

CountryRoyal

Many things, but ultimately better at creating chances which probability dictates gives you more likelihood of scoring a goal.

how does relegation and promotion work in your fictional created chances league and likelihood of scoring a goal league?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Oct 2015 17:02

4 pages of this shit

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 14 Oct 2015 17:03

CountryRoyal

It's not difficult, fella. He is making the point that football is a competition in which the idea of the game is to score more than, or at least as much as, your opponent.

Stats don't indicate anyone is 'better' if the score is tied, however each team have arrived at their score - be that dominating the game but failing to put more away, or barely getting a sniff but still managing to score/let in the same as your opposition.

The 'better' team is the one who is 'better' at the game, i.e the one who scores the most goals.

Possession doesn't make you better at anything if you walk away with the same points or less.

Now give it a rest ffs

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 14 Oct 2015 17:05

Winston Smith
CountryRoyal

how does relegation and promotion work in your fictional created chances league and likelihood of scoring a goal league?

m8 just stfu, you're so boring. :lol:

It works in that I'd hazard a guess that 9/10 the promoted teams make the most chances, and that equally the relegated teams don't. That isn't to say it's always the case, as we proved in 2011/12. It's like taking to an autistic child.

Actually that's unfair, they are probably of a far greater intellect than yourself.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 14 Oct 2015 17:23

CountryRoyal
It works in that I'd hazard a guess that 9/10 the promoted teams make the most chances, and that equally the relegated teams don't. That isn't to say it's always the case, as we proved in 2011/12. It's like taking to an autistic child.

Actually that's unfair, they are probably of a far greater intellect than yourself.

I suggest you learn a bit more than oxf*rd all about autism before making a comment like that. And anyway, Winston isn't the one displaying Autistic traits in this discussion.

dogzbollox

by dogzbollox » 14 Oct 2015 17:39

Extended-Phenotype
CountryRoyal

It's not difficult, fella. He is making the point that football is a competition in which the idea of the game is to score more than, or at least as much as, your opponent.

Stats don't indicate anyone is 'better' if the score is tied, however each team have arrived at their score - be that dominating the game but failing to put more away, or barely getting a sniff but still managing to score/let in the same as your opposition.

The 'better' team is the one who is 'better' at the game, i.e the one who scores the most goals.

Possession doesn't make you better at anything if you walk away with the same points or less.

Now give it a rest ffs

Agreed - stats don't win games, goals do just ask Celtic, you may recall they played Barca a couple of years back, possession stats were 17% Celtic 83% Barca but the FT goal count was 1-0 to the Timaloys

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 14 Oct 2015 19:45

If 9 times out of 10 the winning team has better stats, or the promoted team has better stats then the stats are irrelevant as the fact that the team wins or is promoted is enough to tell you they are the better team. Multiple other stats telling you what you already know from a simple single stat are just superfluous noise.n

Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

by Angry Shed Sex » 14 Oct 2015 23:06

Snowball - Country Royal has stolen your login.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 Oct 2015 02:09

:oops:

Sorry lads. I've had a shocker here.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 15 Oct 2015 10:45

When did Reading play Wales?

Where are the Andorra fans BFTG comments?

4486 posts