Opposition fans back from the game

4486 posts
Ian Herring

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by Ian Herring » 03 Jan 2016 22:47

Mr Optimist Loved all the hold me back, and see you outside business at the end. I am guessing what happened after the game is the gorky 15 year old kid with the glasses got back on a supporters club coach. The baldy 55 year old walked back to his parked car muttering his disgust loudly under his breath, while the other 25 or so hard men got on Reading buses back to the station intimidating women, kids and a few old boys by being drunken oafs.

perfect synopsis...

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 04 Jan 2016 00:26

Ian Herring
Mr Optimist Loved all the hold me back, and see you outside business at the end. I am guessing what happened after the game is the gorky 15 year old kid with the glasses got back on a supporters club coach. The baldy 55 year old walked back to his parked car muttering his disgust loudly under his breath, while the other 25 or so hard men got on Reading buses back to the station intimidating women, kids and a few old boys by being drunken oafs.

perfect synopsis...

Not quite perfect, missed out the bit about spending the next week bragging to anyone unfortunate enough to listen about how Reading "ran", by which they really mean strolled calmly on by without paying any attention.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 13 Jan 2016 00:06

Derby away; clearly Brian employed his Hoof ball style of play :D

Overall a dreadful performance where Reading (in their frou frou mauve outfit) were the Brian Clough team, moving the ball on the ground with prettiness and cleverness, while we randomly cleared it long, resorted to long passes or chose the safe option of sideways and backward passes. And we failed to press them effectively with the ball while they pressed the hell out of us. The ticket was only worth the price of admission to watch Keogh's heart and the Reading passing game around our box, which in spells was really good to watch.

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 13 Jan 2016 02:42

More comments from the Rams' forum (I have corrected their wayward spelling and grammar!):-

1. Absolute dogshit. We got a lucky goal against the run of play and had a ten minute spell after. Apart from that they outclassed us and it was painful to watch. Lucky as hell to come out with a point.

Wrong formation. They just passed through us. Crying out for an extra body in the middle and never happened. Clement has to take the blame again. Worst performance as a manager since he came in.

Like the look of Camara, Blackman meh.

2. Got outplayed, out-thought and bullied by Reading the whole game.

Thought Reading were fantastic, played some great stuff and deserved to get the win.

3. Also like to add, watch out for Reading to make the play offs.

4. Reading were fluent, hungry and quick. They passed the ball round us. We really did look like donkeys at times.

5. 4-2-3-1 was attacking and showed great intent from the manager, but it didn't work. Butterfield and Johnson were completely overrun by Piazon, Norwood and Williams who all played very well. It meant they controlled the game for large spells and an extra man in a 4-3-3 would have changed that. Not only that, it would have put a leash on Piazon who for me was man of the match.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 13 Jan 2016 05:00

This one's my favourite.

We need some creativity,a player with some quality.Is Kanu up for sale

he is a good pacy winger?

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 13 Jan 2016 08:17

Derby forum Blackman meh.

wahay! :lol:

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 13 Jan 2016 08:29

Just read Paul Clements assessment of match, he said that it was amazing how for 26 games they can show passion and want to win and the 27th the complete opposite. The worst performance since he has been there. it's amazing how quick Blackman has affected the dressing room lol

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 13 Jan 2016 08:48

linkenholtroyal Just read Paul Clements assessment of match, he said that it was amazing how for 26 games they can show passion and want to win and the 27th the complete opposite. The worst performance since he has been there. it's amazing how quick Blackman has affected the dressing room lol

Plus it always amazes me whenever we seem to play well, it's ALWAYS because the opposition is dogshit! At least according to oppo managers.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 13 Jan 2016 09:02

I would absolutely love it if Derby don't go up, purely because of the ridiculous amount of money they've spent this season.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 13 Jan 2016 09:05

strap
linkenholtroyal Just read Paul Clements assessment of match, he said that it was amazing how for 26 games they can show passion and want to win and the 27th the complete opposite. The worst performance since he has been there. it's amazing how quick Blackman has affected the dressing room lol

Plus it always amazes me whenever we seem to play well, it's ALWAYS because the opposition is dogshit! At least according to oppo managers.

opposition manager in focussing on his own team shocker

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 13 Jan 2016 09:07

Popular song last night 'Derby County, it's happening again, it's happening again, it's happening againnn, Deby County, it's happening again.

To which they responded
'finish mid-table, finish mid table, we're gonna finish mid table' :lol:

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 13 Jan 2016 10:29

marlowuk More comments from the Rams' forum (I have corrected their wayward spelling and grammar!):-

1. Absolute dogshit. We got a lucky goal against the run of play and had a ten minute spell after. Apart from that they outclassed us and it was painful to watch. Lucky as hell to come out with a point.

Wrong formation. They just passed through us. Crying out for an extra body in the middle and never happened. Clement has to take the blame again. Worst performance as a manager since he came in.

Like the look of Camara, Blackman meh.

2. Got outplayed, out-thought and bullied by Reading the whole game.

Thought Reading were fantastic, played some great stuff and deserved to get the win.

3. Also like to add, watch out for Reading to make the play offs.

4. Reading were fluent, hungry and quick. They passed the ball round us. We really did look like donkeys at times.

5. 4-2-3-1 was attacking and showed great intent from the manager, but it didn't work. Butterfield and Johnson were completely overrun by Piazon, Norwood and Williams who all played very well. It meant they controlled the game for large spells and an extra man in a 4-3-3 would have changed that. Not only that, it would have put a leash on Piazon who for me was man of the match.

Can we?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 13 Jan 2016 10:32

Pepe the Horseman I would absolutely love it if Derby don't go up, purely because of the ridiculous amount of money they've spent this season.

I'd love it for the same reason, I'd love it also if Brighton don't go up after having already won the league after 21 games. QPR for obvious reasons but they are looking like they want to get involved in the relegation scrap was is much more hillarious. The teams up and near the top atm, don't really have anything against the rest I haven't already mentioned.

I suppose I feel sorry for Bristol City though since no striker seems to want to play for them!

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 13 Jan 2016 10:55

B-Righton's slide down the table is good fun. Could be out of the play off positions by 5pm on Saturday. All the fans of other clubs who were saying they were an average, but well organised side, that won't last the pace and were not all that were laughed off as jealousy by the Barcelona of the south coast.

Still I am sure their massive attendances will be of consolation.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 13 Jan 2016 11:13

Mr Optimist B-Righton's slide down the table is good fun. Could be out of the play off positions by 5pm on Saturday. All the fans of other clubs who were saying they were an average, but well organised side, that won't last the pace and were not all that were laughed off as jealousy by the Barcelona of the south coast.

I recall NSC mocking my comment that their position at the top of the league was misleading due to the teams that they'd played, but it now seems that having had to face the might of Wolves, Ipswich and Rotherham, they are dropping back to the edge of the playoffs, which is probably where they belong this season.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 13 Jan 2016 17:48

My favourite comment on dcfcfans has to be

Readings goal should have been perverted,

http://dcfcfans.uk/topic/21471-derby-v- ... ent=946391

That finish by Williams was pretty damn sexual though tbf.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 13 Jan 2016 18:22

Vydra nutmegging Blackman made me ejaculate.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Jan 2016 20:07

Pepe the Horseman Vydra nutmegging Blackman made me ejaculate.

If only he could start nutmegging the opposition keeper a bit more often.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Jan 2016 20:26

Winchester Royal
Mr Optimist B-Righton's slide down the table is good fun. Could be out of the play off positions by 5pm on Saturday. All the fans of other clubs who were saying they were an average, but well organised side, that won't last the pace and were not all that were laughed off as jealousy by the Barcelona of the south coast.

I recall NSC mocking my comment that their position at the top of the league was misleading due to the teams that they'd played, but it now seems that having had to face the might of Wolves, Ipswich and Rotherham, they are dropping back to the edge of the playoffs, which is probably where they belong this season.

Fair play, I didn't think they could be top and have gone unbeaten for so long without being genuine contenders... but those like you really called it.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 14 Jan 2016 08:37

4486 posts