Opposition fans back from the game

4486 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by genome » 18 Apr 2017 10:29

Top Flight
genome Transfer spend according to Transfermarkt...

According to Transfermarkt...

Aston Villa £74m
Newcastle £54m
Wolves £30m
Norwich £22m
Fulham £21m
Derby £14m
QPR £11m
Bristol City £11m
Sheffield Wednesday £9m
Birmingham £8m
Reading £7.5m
Brighton £7m
Leeds £7m
Brentford £4.5m
Huddersfield £4m
Nottingham Forest £4m
Cardiff City £3.5m
Barnsley £2m
Ipswich Town £1.5m
Wigan £1.5m
Rotherham £1m
Burton £300k
Preston £250k
Blackburn £0

Is that outlay on players? What about net spend? That would be even more interesting to know and compare with above.

Just expenditure.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 18 Apr 2017 23:00

Shout out to Preston who've done well on spending less than Burton!

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 19 Apr 2017 12:10

In recognition of Clough's loyalty, I hope that Burton stay up.

Of course I hope that we beat Burton, though :)

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 19 Apr 2017 12:41

glass half full In recognition of Clough's loyalty, I hope that Burton stay up.

I hope it's settled before then for both sides so it can just be a bit of a party atmosphere! :D

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 19 Apr 2017 13:12

tidus_mi2

I hope it's settled before then for both sides so it can just be a bit of a party atmosphere! :D

If it is then it would be good if home fans also joined in with inflatable day

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 20 Apr 2017 08:26

From Despair To Where? Personally, I think Fulham started it all by spaffing £12m on McCormack on the back of 1 decent season for Leeds.

£11M, of which £5.5M was a payment upon Fulham being promoted to the PL, the other £5.5M was not a flat fee as it included a match appearance payment and the whole of that bit was staggered across a 4 year time period.

in the preceding 2 transfer windows they had brought in more than £20M in sales (breakdown of how they were payable I don't know) most of which was from selling centre forwards

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 08 May 2017 20:53

bobby1413
tidus_mi2

If it is then it would be good if home fans also joined in with inflatable day

It seemed like good camaraderie between both sets of fans.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 May 2017 21:39

Not bad considering we average scoring 4 goals against them. :shock: Whilst they average 1 against us.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 08 May 2017 22:43

Ian Royal Not bad considering we average scoring 4 goals against them. :shock: Whilst they average 1 against us.

? :?

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 08 May 2017 22:47

CountryRoyal
Ian Royal Not bad considering we average scoring 4 goals against them. :shock: Whilst they average 1 against us.

Three matches against them in our history, 12 goals scored, 3 conceded.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 08 May 2017 22:48

handbags_harris
CountryRoyal

Three matches against them in our history, 12 goals scored, 3 conceded.

No I get that I'm just confused as to what is "not bad"

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 May 2017 22:48

CountryRoyal

We've beaten them heavily every time we've played them (5-1, 3-0, 4-2) I mean some fans would be a bit miffed about that. Just something I noticed during the game and stuck in my head.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 08 May 2017 22:51

Ian Royal
CountryRoyal

We've beaten them heavily every time we've played them (5-1, 3-0, 4-2) I mean some fans would be a bit miffed about that. Just something I noticed during the game and stuck in my head.

Maybe. The way I see it is, as clubs, we have no history together, are on a different level to them (league aside) in terms of club size...etc, and it was the end of season in the sun when both sets of fans were celebrating their own achievements. Absolutely no reason for them to be miffed imo.

Do we have a vendetta against bigger clubs that always beat us fairly comfortably?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 May 2017 23:36

CountryRoyal
Ian Royal
CountryRoyal

Maybe. The way I see it is, as clubs, we have no history together, are on a different level to them (league aside) in terms of club size...etc, and it was the end of season in the sun when both sets of fans were celebrating their own achievements. Absolutely no reason for them to be miffed imo.

Do we have a vendetta against bigger clubs that always beat us fairly comfortably?

I think you may be taking this a little too seriously.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 09 May 2017 00:02

Ian Royal
CountryRoyal
Ian Royal

I think you may be taking this a little too seriously.

I've had a few drinks so that's entirely possible. :lol:

Davezk

by Davezk » 09 May 2017 06:56

CountryRoyal
Ian Royal
CountryRoyal

Arsenal.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 14 May 2017 09:37

I am sorry to say this,but we do not need the experience of chris martin to beat average teams like reading!

"by far the 3rd best team in this championship" in the real world = 6th in table

There support was pants it really was.

Yes their fans were non existent. Didn't hear a thing from them until their goal, and then not much.

Yes the atmosphere was superb and we have a great chance to get to Wembley, we can play so much better. I don't think they can.

I was able to get a pirate stream in America. Reading ? Total anti football but what do you expect from the ex manure thug who coaches them? I thought Fulham were magnificent, especially in the second half. I am very worried about Tuesday though, I dont see the anti football changing.

Can you imagine a Reading vs Sheff Weds in the final.What a total injustice to the game of football that would be.Two horrible teams.

Reading came to stop us playing. That's the thing I noticed and thought was interesting too.

For 2 reasons:
1. The third best team over the course of the season felt all that their best chance of success was to stifle us and stop us from playing. That's a massive amount of respect shown to us (and they couldn't even manage to do that really!)

I can't help but think, if posistions were reversed and we had played that way against them away in the first leg. As a fan I wouldn't be overly happy with that performance.

2. The other this means is Jaap has 3 days now to totally and completely change the mindset of his team and to get them to set up to come out and attack. The polar opposite of the performance they put in today.

Slav meanwhile, will pretty much say 'same again lads'. Get up, go again and get at them the same way as we finished the game. Surely a far easier team prep.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 14 May 2017 09:48

The atmosphere things is so zzzzzzzz. All I heard from Fulham was clappers, that was literally it until they scored. No songs, no atmosphere, nothing. When will people realise it only sounds loud if you're in it?

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 14 May 2017 10:05

The absolute state of that lot :lol:

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 14 May 2017 10:09

It's so funny reading that thread. The 'best footballing team' :D in the championship are clearly rattled. They were expecting a thumping win. Now they have to come to our soulless bowl in the middle of Feltham at even stevens. I think Fulham are suffering the pressure big time. If they think the Mad Stad will be quiet they will be wrong. We are the underdogs, we have nothing to lose, they are the favourites. Live up to your billing Fulham. Live up to your tag. :D :D Don't let West London down now will you.

4486 posts