by Zammo » 16 May 2017 09:22

I was making plenty of noise in front of the TV in Johannesburg

:lol:

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by TBM » 16 May 2017 09:48

genome Bit rich coming from fans of the club who issued out rumblestix. One of the most ridiculous and cringeworthy things I have ever seen at a football match. Well, next to the 2014 pitch invasion.

We're all getting a flag to wave around, tonight...

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 16 May 2017 10:00

From Despair To Where?
RoyalBlue
From Despair To Where?
What's most shocking about that article is that a quick Google search confirms that that bloke is genuinely an award winning journalist and not a 12 year old netmong having a post game gimp fit.

'The Kelvin Mackenzie Award For Best Factual Piece'?

Proper awards for proper journalism, apparently although clearly not Sports Writer of the Year He talks a lot about the importance of unbiased reporting and a keen adherence to the facts. A clear case of Do as I Say, Not as I Do.

Just shows anyone can be a moron when it comes to football journalism.

The Cube

by The Cube » 16 May 2017 10:24

Note that when defending his article what he says is, "I'm an experienced journalist and I've won awards". Obviously, it didn't occur to him to try to defend it by examining what he'd written in the article.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 16 May 2017 10:25

Neutral zone. that is all.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 16 May 2017 11:10

From Despair To Where?
RoyalBlue
From Despair To Where?
What's most shocking about that article is that a quick Google search confirms that that bloke is genuinely an award winning journalist and not a 12 year old netmong having a post game gimp fit.

Proper awards for proper journalism, apparently although clearly not Sports Writer of the Year He talks a lot about the importance of unbiased reporting and a keen adherence to the facts. A clear case of Do as I Say, Not as I Do.

I might be wrong but I suspect the online biographies relating to him might largely be self-authored. One claims he received an award for uncovering a plot in 1988 to assassinate the queen on a royal tour - strangely the link to the actual award story doesn't work! Other links to awards don't work either. Elsewhere the assassination plot award is watered down to him exposing an attempted cover up of such a plot. And with respect, I doubt he was up against much competition in New Zealand.

under the tin

by under the tin » 16 May 2017 11:28

genome Bit rich coming from fans of the club who issued out rumblestix. One of the most ridiculous and cringeworthy things I have ever seen at a football match. Well, next to the 2014 pitch invasion.

For me, easily the most cringeworthy thing I have ever witnessed at a RFC game was:
Norwich at home, a few seasons back, the bloke on the mike shouting
BRING - IT - ON,
Everyone in the ground had a cardboard placard with the same words on it
Mike bloke
"C'mon everybody, hold your cards up, with me.. BRING - IT - ON
there just aren't enough :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 16 May 2017 11:41

under the tin

For me, easily the most cringeworthy thing I have ever witnessed at a RFC game was:
BRING - IT - ON,
Mike bloke
there just aren't enough :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Agree, that was by far the worst and I think it completely missed the point, with even the most tame and casual families/supporters just looking sheepish and bewildered by the whole thing.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 16 May 2017 13:28

under the tin

BRING - IT - ON,
Mike bloke

The worst IMO was when they got little children to do the 'Back the Boyz' bit, remember me and my brother simultaneously facepalming, whilst mrs st pauli looked at us both and ChuckLOLed

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 16 May 2017 13:39

St Pauli
under the tin

BRING - IT - ON,
Mike bloke

The worst IMO was when they got little children to do the 'Back the Boyz' bit, remember me and my brother simultaneously facepalming, whilst mrs st pauli looked at us both and ChuckLOLed

kids >> the yabbering goon who does it the rest of the time.. I really wish they would let the atmosphere build naturally before the game. The music and announcements at Fulham were oxf*rd deafening and only stopped about 10 seconds before KO (nbot the it's any better at The Madjeski)

I accept this is only ever gonna get worse.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 May 2017 13:55

RoyalBlue
From Despair To Where?
RoyalBlue

I might be wrong but I suspect the online biographies relating to him might larg

ely be self-authored. One claims he received an award for uncovering a plot in 1988 to assassinate the queen on a royal tour - strangely the link to the actual award story doesn't work! Other links to awards don't work either. Elsewhere the assassination plot award is watered down to him exposing an attempted cover up of such a plot. And with respect, I doubt he was up against much competition in New Zealand.

I don't doubt that and I appreciate what you're saying. I've got a cycling proficiency badge but that doesn't make me Chris Froome. My point was more that, for someone who on the face of it has some pedigree as a serious journalist to allow the publication of and put his name to such a rambling, incoherent, nonsensical rant is a serious lack of professional judgement. Also using his "pedigree" as validation for such an appallingly written article which is quite frankly dumb.

My 12 year old son would be embarrassed to admit authorship of that.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 16 May 2017 14:42

From Despair To Where?
RoyalBlue
I might be wrong but I suspect the online biographies relating to him might larg

ely be self-authored. One claims he received an award for uncovering a plot in 1988 to assassinate the queen on a royal tour - strangely the link to the actual award story doesn't work! Other links to awards don't work either. Elsewhere the assassination plot award is watered down to him exposing an attempted cover up of such a plot. And with respect, I doubt he was up against much competition in New Zealand.

I don't doubt that and I appreciate what you're saying. I've got a cycling proficiency badge but that doesn't make me Chris Froome. My point was more that, for someone who on the face of it has some pedigree as a serious journalist to allow the publication of and put his name to such a rambling, incoherent, nonsensical rant is a serious lack of professional judgement. Also using his "pedigree" as validation for such an appallingly written article which is quite frankly dumb.

My 12 year old son would be embarrassed to admit authorship of that.

It wasn't meant as a dig against you, more a dig at the claims on the various web pages where his name pops up as a top class journalist.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 16 May 2017 14:46

glass half full
taipairoyal
TBM
We're all getting a flag to wave around, tonight...

Well that really is good news, please can someone stick a flag up Ian Royals arse if he tries to run on he pitch again!.

Could flags on sticks be seen by stewards as offensive weapons?

No. The rules for stick size are pretty clear, although I don't recall what they are ! As long as they aren't great big poles they are ok (that's the flag sticks, not the nationality of the stewards) And certainly if the club have supplied them they have hopefully mentioned to the stewards that they are ok !

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 May 2017 14:50

Oh look, I recognise that website.....

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 16 May 2017 14:53

They only have a good home record because their pitch is the worst in the division more like a rugby field which it is ! Coyw's

Just a mention

Was at the game on Saturday with my daughter and after the game we went for something to eat in Putney, as we were going back into Fulham a group of Reading fans saw my fulham top, and decided that one bloke with his daughter were fair game, what a bunch of mugs, sadly it broke into something, and luckily for me some other fellas saw what was going on and rescued me from a potential pasting, whoever they are, thanks fellas. Now I want the team to get revenge, that would make my day

Take sandwiches and crisps to eat in the car before the game, or, risk Pizza Hut/KFC/a.n.other local eatery.
In 2008 we had sandwiches in the car but this is an evening game on a tuesday not 3pm and saturday

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 16 May 2017 16:55

paultheroyal
Take cucumber sandwiches and crisps to eat in the car before the game, or, risk Pizza Hut/KFC/a.n.other local eatery.
In 2008 we had sandwiches in the car but this is an evening game on a tuesday not 3pm and saturday

Fixed it.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 16 May 2017 17:00

Do people really need help in working out how to fit a meal around an evening game ?
For goodness sake !
Do we need to position a steward with a megaphone in front of the South stand shouting 'breathe in, now breathe out' in case some of our West London cousins aren't too sure...

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 16 May 2017 17:33

Dirty Northen Bast@rds

Davezk

by Davezk » 16 May 2017 21:46

Are Fulham mad?

Half Biscuit

by Half Biscuit » 16 May 2017 21:55