Opposition fans back from the game

4464 posts
tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by tidus_mi2 » 05 Dec 2020 18:37

WestYorksRoyal
Singing Defective
Hound They are the worst side I’ve seen this season. Only Derby come close to their absolute uselessness

And they’ve spent a ton of money to produce an incredibly conservative, dull and one paced side. How can you have no shots for 85 minutes, even with 10 men? (I’m not counting that scuffed block effort). I’d love them to go down.

Doesn’t help when the only way their striker gets any service is if he picks the ball himself in mid-field. Bloody good defensively, though. 2-0 was incredibly flattering. At times we looked like Spain against Germany.

Lyle Taylor's decision to betray Charlton and condemn them to relegation not looking great now.

He's a 30 year old striker who got a pay rise and another season of Championship football, not exactly the worst choice.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 05 Dec 2020 18:39

All the Forest fans I know are alright. But yeah they’re a noticeably less attractive side than they were six or seven years ago when they had the likes of Majewsky, Moussi, McGugan, McCleary, Guedioura, Greening, Gunter, Lansbury... and of course there’s no point even starting to compare them to the great Forest teams with Pearce, Walker, Collymore, Anderson, Webb, Keane - well they just don’t compare.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 05 Dec 2020 18:41

tidus_mi2
Ascotexgunner Just reading the Forestforum. No credit to us, all the refs fault, turning on Houghton (who they were worshipping when he arrived), bad mouthing us and our fans today, and our ground. They really are a self entitling, moaning, living in the past, odius bunch of c*nt's. Really want them to go down. Boring as f*CK.

Didn't you hear? They won 2 European Cups!

And living near to Nottingham, you’d be amazed how many Forest fans under 40 were there for both finals....I despise the entire club and their arrogant fanbase. Today was a great day.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 05 Dec 2020 18:50

I thought he was nailed on a move to Galatasaray, much like HRK's feted move to China and £200,000 a week.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 05 Dec 2020 19:07

Ascotexgunner Just reading the Forestforum. No credit to us, all the refs fault, turning on Houghton (who they were worshipping when he arrived), bad mouthing us and our fans today, and our ground. They really are a self entitling, moaning, living in the past, odius bunch of c*nt's. Really want them to go down. Boring as f*CK.

Post some quotes then.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 05 Dec 2020 20:12

Well I don’t want them to go down as it’s my local game! I’ve always found the fans friendly enough, and I love the City Ground by the Trent. Different experience to the Sheff Utd fans I knew when living in Sheffield

Lyle Taylor I think is a bit overrated...the media have banged on about him and he’s had 1 season in the championship where he’s scored what 10 goals. Hardly prolific or consistently good at this level

Random question but who thinks that having no away fans is a massive advantage to the home side? Obviously the current situation means that’s not really possible but it’s an interesting one

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 05 Dec 2020 20:27

Don't get the problem with Lyle Taylor? He's a good striker.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Dec 2020 20:29

Notts Royal
Random question but who thinks that having no away fans is a massive advantage to the home side? Obviously the current situation means that’s not really possible but it’s an interesting one

I think having no home fans for months has been a much more significant advantage for away teams.....

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 05 Dec 2020 20:33

NewCorkSeth Don't get the problem with Lyle Taylor? He's a good striker.

Was a massive bellend in the Charlton game at the beginning of last season.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 05 Dec 2020 20:34

Hendo

Ah. Sorry. Hard to keep track of the players we hate.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 05 Dec 2020 20:36

NewCorkSeth
Hendo

Double bubble today with him and Knockaert. Although I think the reasons why we hate him are less specific and are more just him being a twat.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 05 Dec 2020 21:28

NewCorkSeth
Hendo

Somebody should produce a cribsheet before each game

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 05 Dec 2020 22:04

muirinho
NewCorkSeth
Hendo

Somebody should produce a cribsheet before each game

Not enough hours in the day. :wink:

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 05 Dec 2020 22:50

Jagermesiter1871

Post some quotes then.

Here you go, a selected few.....

"An empty Madejski will be no different to a full Madejski. Awful ground and atmosphere, makes you question if the last 40 years of following football away was an illusion.

"We will win. Improved team performance tonight, good to see Worrall back, it all gelled better. Got the feeling if we can get the early goal anything can happen."

"I went to the Medejski years ago in an opening game
Awful awful place, a shape of things to come for many.
Please don’t moan about the CG , we could be playing in some shit hole like this."

"Not quite an empty stadium. Reading will have 2000 there which oddly is more than they usually have."

That's just the first page. There's 35 pages of that sh*t....and about 4 complimenartish posts.
One even questions the sending off .......

"What the oxf*rd?
Red card, what for?!?"

There is then a ton of quotes about how we dive and how that wasn't a free kick that led to the goal.
Arrogance and delusion....it's their trait.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Dec 2020 22:53

Ascotexgunner
Jagermesiter1871

Post some quotes then.

"An empty Madejski will be no different to a full Madejski. Awful ground and atmosphere, makes you question if the last 40 years of following football away was an illusion.

"We will win. Improved team performance tonight, good to see Worrall back, it all gelled better. Got the feeling if we can get the early goal anything can happen."

Please don’t moan about the CG , we could be playing in some shit hole like this."

"Not quite an empty stadium. Reading will have 2000 there which oddly is more than they usually have."

That's just the first page. There's 35 pages of that sh*t....and about 4 complimenartish posts.

"What the oxf*rd?
Red card, what for?!?"

There is then a ton of quotes about how we dive and how that wasn't a free kick that led to the goal.

THat's not a great example of no credit to us and how it's the ref's fault given you've not quoted anything from after the game. Make an effort.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 05 Dec 2020 23:09

Don’t think Forest fans were that bad in regards to the game itself, nothing out of the norm for a team performing well below expectations. They seemed to think the result was a good reflection on the game and were more frustrated at their own problems, which is more than fair enough. From a different angle, we are doing well they are not and had a man sent off early so I don’t think anyone is surprised we absolutely dominated them.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 05 Dec 2020 23:23

I quite like Forest, their Campbell, Gemmill, Psycho, Stone, Crossley, Van Hoojdonk era in particular, but they were well beat. One day they will beat us convincingly too, such is the merry-go-round of sport. When that happens, I will understand it, tip my cap and acknowledge it. That’s what separates us from the midlands.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 05 Dec 2020 23:44

Ascotexgunner
Jagermesiter1871

Post some quotes then.

"What the oxf*rd?
Red card, what for?!?"

Yeah, its easy when you cherry pick comments. Bar the first 4 pages which were over a day old and full of the usual pre match bullshit you see on every site, that is completely unrepresentative of their 35 page match thread as a whole.

The"red card, what for" comment was a real time comment made before a replay was shown and the handball really wasn't clear at first. It was then followed by about 4 pages of them moaning that Samba was a pcunt for bottling the original save, Yates was a dickhead for getting sent off because they would still have been in with a chance at 1-0 down with 11 men and trying to decide who was more at fault.

Yes there was a few comments about us diving but equally as many comments bemoaning that their midfield have made a habit of giving away cheap free kicks and bookings. So what if they weren't all gushing with praise for us. It's is a Forest forum , they're doing shit and they are really pissed off with the owners and management. Pretty sure we've had plenty similar match threads in the past 3 years.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 06 Dec 2020 00:06

How are they pissed off with their owners? Some big names in their team today.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 06 Dec 2020 07:16

Jagermesiter1871 How are they pissed off with their owners? Some big names in their team today.

Because they have a habit of giving long contracts to players over 30. See Arter as an example, about to turn 31 and signed in the summer on big wages for 3 years.

Seem to be following a similar recruitment path as we did for a few years. It doesn't work.

4464 posts