Opposition fans back from the game

4486 posts
Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by Notts Royal » 06 Dec 2020 08:08

Tbf they do have a point regarding the stadium. You have to remember we will be biased to the Madejski as we are Reading fans; but to the outside, it’s dull and boring. Certainly not a shit hole...it’s in good condition and certainly better than the CG. But the match day experience is a lot better in Nottingham than it is in Reading. Crowd noise and crowd performance is harder to measure - my experience of the CG is like a lot of the older stadiums...flipping loud when the goal goes in, but not a lot of singing the rest of the time. Similar to Hillsborough. Not been to the Mad Stad for a while, but we at least have a section of fans who chant throughout the whole game. I think half the time we get a bad rep purely because we don’t fill our ground, and we have a small sway following, the majority who like to sit oddly. There’s plenty of modern grounds for more popular/larger clubs where the noise is less than the Mad Stad (from my experience). Derby, Cardiff, Middlesbrough all spring to mind

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 06 Dec 2020 08:45

Stranded
Jagermesiter1871 How are they pissed off with their owners? Some big names in their team today.

Because they have a habit of giving long contracts to players over 30. See Arter as an example, about to turn 31 and signed in the summer on big wages for 3 years.

Seem to be following a similar recruitment path as we did for a few years. It doesn't work.

This basically. History repeating and not learning from their mistakes, or the mistakes of the previous owner.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Dec 2020 10:12

Notts Royal Tbf they do have a point regarding the stadium. You have to remember we will be biased to the Madejski as we are Reading fans; but to the outside, it’s dull and boring. Certainly not a shit hole...it’s in good condition and certainly better than the CG. But the match day experience is a lot better in Nottingham than it is in Reading. Crowd noise and crowd performance is harder to measure - my experience of the CG is like a lot of the older stadiums...flipping loud when the goal goes in, but not a lot of singing the rest of the time. Similar to Hillsborough. Not been to the Mad Stad for a while, but we at least have a section of fans who chant throughout the whole game. I think half the time we get a bad rep purely because we don’t fill our ground, and we have a small sway following, the majority who like to sit oddly. There’s plenty of modern grounds for more popular/larger clubs where the noise is less than the Mad Stad (from my experience). Derby, Cardiff, Middlesbrough all spring to mind

Agree with much of this although not Cardiff. I have been to the CCS many times for Wales games and the atmosphere has often been more impressive than say the Fulham play off second leg at the MadStad which is the best atmosphere I have experienced at Reading in recent years.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 06 Dec 2020 10:25

Hendo
NewCorkSeth Don't get the problem with Lyle Taylor? He's a good striker.

Was a massive bellend in the Charlton game at the beginning of last season.

This - took his twaty pen technique, then shushed C1871. Then dived in front of C1871 and laughed behind a cupped hand towards C1871 when the ref gave the freekick.

That and he has the most punchable face in football. O and arguably oxf*rd Charlton for a big move to...relegation candidates Forest.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Dec 2020 11:58

From Despair To Where?
Stranded
Jagermesiter1871 How are they pissed off with their owners? Some big names in their team today.

Because they have a habit of giving long contracts to players over 30. See Arter as an example, about to turn 31 and signed in the summer on big wages for 3 years.

Seem to be following a similar recruitment path as we did for a few years. It doesn't work.

This basically. History repeating and not learning from their mistakes, or the mistakes of the previous owner.

Wow, thought he was on loan. What an awful signing

Along with the likes of Blackett they won’t be cheap. And they looked so, so bad

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 06 Dec 2020 15:31

I have been to Forest plenty of times and when they are struggling you can hear a pin drop. They seem to have replaced Leeds as the we are not worthy to be playing Reading clubs. They all love to slag the Mad Stadium off for being a souless bowl with our crap support. Yet none mention the fact they only have to pay £20 the cheapest in the division and £19 less than Leeds. Add to the fact until this season our home form has been dreadful it’s more than likely to come away with at least a draw. What’s not to enjoy about that?

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 06 Dec 2020 16:08

Notts Royal Tbf they do have a point regarding the stadium. You have to remember we will be biased to the Madejski as we are Reading fans; but to the outside, it’s dull and boring. Certainly not a shit hole...it’s in good condition and certainly better than the CG. But the match day experience is a lot better in Nottingham than it is in Reading. Crowd noise and crowd performance is harder to measure - my experience of the CG is like a lot of the older stadiums...flipping loud when the goal goes in, but not a lot of singing the rest of the time. Similar to Hillsborough. Not been to the Mad Stad for a while, but we at least have a section of fans who chant throughout the whole game. I think half the time we get a bad rep purely because we don’t fill our ground, and we have a small sway following, the majority who like to sit oddly. There’s plenty of modern grounds for more popular/larger clubs where the noise is less than the Mad Stad (from my experience). Derby, Cardiff, Middlesbrough all spring to mind

Other than being out of town and no pubs I actually think its pretty decent. Can't think of any new stadiums that are much better/different.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 06 Dec 2020 20:55

Lots of limitations around the the ground, but the stadium bowl at the Madejski is fantastic.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Dec 2020 20:57

Dull conversation on the stadium really. If it was a mile closer to town it’d be great, but can see the obvious frustration with its location

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Dec 2020 21:34

Hound Dull conversation on the stadium really. If it was a mile closer to town it’d be great, but can see the obvious frustration with its location

You can’t have it all. For travelling fans the location is in many ways very convenient by being so close to the M4.
I couldn’t care less what some random in Nottingham thinks of us, our stadium and our club. They and theirs are really no better.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 06 Dec 2020 21:56

Jagermesiter1871

Other than being out of town and no pubs I actually think its pretty decent. Can't think of any new stadiums that are much better/different.

We should have stayed at Elm Park, close to town, close to pubs, 3 rail stations, trolleys buses, and easy off street parking. Never needed a ticket to get in, never had to wait two hours to get out.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 06 Dec 2020 23:31

Agree about the City Ground atmosphere. When they score the roof comes off. The noise seems to be coming from every part of the ground.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 07 Dec 2020 00:50

karbota
Jagermesiter1871

We should have stayed at Elm Park, close to town, close to pubs, 3 rail stations, trolleys buses, and easy off street parking. Never needed a ticket to get in, never had to wait two hours to get out.

You’re a twat

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 07 Dec 2020 07:04

leon
karbota
Jagermesiter1871

You’re a twat

Karbotwat has a bit of a ring to it

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 Dec 2020 07:24

Should have stayed at Kings Meadow
Nice and convenient for mr Brunel’s lovely new railway, lots of park space for the ladies to enjoy a picnic during the game, no entry fee and close to the many inns and coaching houses of our little market town....

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 07 Dec 2020 08:42

leon
karbota
Jagermesiter1871

You’re a twat

And NO plastic fans.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 07 Dec 2020 08:48

There's not many teams I utterly despise.

Well. There's actually only one really.

Flat pack stadium, no history, the most utterly middle class, pointless, "so oxf*rd middle class we were sponsored by oxf*rd Waitrose" oxf*rd irrelevant entitled oxf*rd. oxf*rd right off.

And if you're reading this: oxf*rd off. Go on. Keep oxf*rd off. No. Further. Bit more. Keep oxf*rd right off until you come ALL the way back again.

Now oxf*rd off.

https://www.forestforum.co.uk/threads/4 ... n-Comments
Someone’s got serious issues

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Dec 2020 08:57

TiagoIlori

Flat pack stadium, no history, the most utterly middle class, pointless, "so oxf*rd middle class we were sponsored by oxf*rd Waitrose" oxf*rd irrelevant entitled oxf*rd. oxf*rd right off.

And if you're reading this: oxf*rd off. Go on. Keep oxf*rd off. No. Further. Bit more. Keep oxf*rd right off until you come ALL the way back again.

Now oxf*rd off.

:lol: Just because you lost

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 07 Dec 2020 09:21

It's interesting that one guy accused us of being an incredibly middle-class club (probably true but so what?) and that our comments were because many of us are under 6ft suffering from small man syndrome, to be fair to him, I am 5'7, never really gave a shit about it though.

Poster right after him said that moaning about class was stupid, gotta agree :lol:

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 07 Dec 2020 09:21

TiagoIlori

Now oxf*rd off.

:lol: So pointless and irrelevant its provoked that response? It's ok to admit you wish your shambles of a club had half the success we've had in the last 20 years.

4486 posts