Opposition fans back from the game

4464 posts
linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by linkenholtroyal » 15 Sep 2021 15:16

It may well be a public perception that because we are under an embargo we will be rubbish and relegated, This has been true of late with Sheff Weds, Wigan and Bolton all falling due to this so other teams supporters expect the same. We know that luckily we have a good academy full of talent that can step in and have a go other teams supporters will not know that. I myself have thought Derby would be the same this season but there youngsters seem to be stepping up aswell.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 15 Sep 2021 15:21

linkenholtroyal It may well be a public perception that because we are under an embargo we will be rubbish and relegated, This has been true of late with Sheff Weds, Wigan and Bolton all falling due to this so other teams supporters expect the same. We know that luckily we have a good academy full of talent that can step in and have a go other teams supporters will not know that. I myself have thought Derby would be the same this season but there youngsters seem to be stepping up aswell.

They still have a points deduction coming I would have thought but they certainly seem to be making a good stab of it with very limited circumstances.

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 15 Sep 2021 15:38

Snowflake Royal Media over hypes everything shocker.

Unlike members of this forum!! :lol:

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 20 Sep 2021 12:11

I know it sounds like I am looking for silly excuses for losing on the weekend and I know this is a topic which we moan a lot about as a fan group but I strongly believe with a differnet referee we could have won that game with ease. Yes it was a rather dissapointing performance considering how well the first 10 minutes went and yes the team wasn't the best team we've put forward this season, but the referee was on our backs all game trying to make a statement and make himself known on the pitch. If we had a referee from our games agaisnt huddersfield or millwall who weren't booking our players for winning the ball in clean challenges. Especially some of the decisions in the box. I haven't gotten round to watching a replay or highlights as of yet so I may have missed something, but from watching the game on saturday our main issues where: Ivan Caverleiro and the referee.

For a bit of perspective some of the posters on this thread should bear in mind that we literally played Reading reserves today ,
Dress it up however you like, losing to Reading is a dreadful result.

I think Reading deserved their victory. Our day was summed up when Ivan let an easy pass go under his foot for a throw in. At least Rodrigo opened his account and there is still along way to go

The way some of those Reading players were throwing themselves to the ground and the ref falling for it every time was embarrassing to say the least. Dishing out yellows like no tomorrow and then the Reading players trying to get Seri booked at every opportunity when already on a yellow. No wonder he was subbed off. Proper poor reffing imo.

I would like to thank reading with all their problems behind the scenes the last few years,they deserved their win.They were coached professionally by a proper coach,with proper players,not mercenaries who huff and puff,was the Bristol Reid on their payrol , to all the tonys fans ,it’s not just cav and Nicky who are bad it’s bobby as well 3 out of 3 ain’t bad.

We should never be losing to this Reading team. Awful time wasting & diving football from them the entire game

what is the stat on the number of times and time spent by Reading players on the floor like pansies?

The ref should be wearing a yellow shirt today.

We shouldn't be losing any matches in this division against bottom fodder with our squad

Listening to Radio Berkshire, sounds like one of the best Neanderthal stations in Britain

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 20 Sep 2021 12:21

Fulham fans definitely forgotten where they've come from, far too big for their boots.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 20 Sep 2021 13:19

To be fair there are some saying stuff like this

Last season we had our backsides kicked by Premier Division teams which sent us back to the Championship licking our wounds.
So I would have thought a little more humbleness, humility and grace should be in order rather that arrogance.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 20 Sep 2021 13:29

Yeah, all the Fulham fans I chatted to on the way back to The Crabtree were complimentary, said we deserved it and they didn't really turn up, for the second Saturday in a row

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Sep 2021 14:10

Easy to grab a habdful of responses to fit a narrative isnit.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Sep 2021 14:11

I think you’d fit in very well at CC.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 20 Sep 2021 14:20

Snowflake Royal Easy to grab a habdful of responses to fit a narrative isnit.

Tell you what, you are really beginning to p!55 me right off.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Sep 2021 14:34

paultheroyal

BEGINNING???

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 20 Sep 2021 15:09

paultheroyal

Don't worry, he's just fitting his narrative..

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 20 Sep 2021 15:15

Tbh I’ll always think of Fulham as being the first fans I heard sing “how shit must you be, we’re winning away” and respond to “you’re not singing anymore” with “we weren’t singing anyway”.

There are annoying people in every fanbase, as well as people who can be complimentary, self-deprecating, etc.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 20 Sep 2021 15:24

SCIAG Tbh I’ll always think of Fulham as being the first fans I heard sing “how shit must you be, we’re winning away” and respond to “you’re not singing anymore” with “we weren’t singing anyway”.

There are annoying people in every fanbase, as well as people who can be complimentary, self-deprecating, etc.

I'll always have a negative view of Fulham pcunts ever since that PL game when a bunch of them were in the Reading section standing up, chanting gloating that they were winning. Of course tangos did bugger all about it.

If you're going to have to sit in the home section fine, but to stand, chant, gloat, is just pcuntish behaviour, so I'll always delight in any time we twat them and I wish I was there on Saturday - I trust our travelling fans did us proud.

I remember Preston fans in the home end and they were quiet, respectful and even apologetic when they scored. If anything I had to turn around and congratulate them and clap on their behalves. Chalk and cheese.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 20 Sep 2021 15:58

no problem with Fulham, but was delighted we beat them. I also like Brentford. Less keen on QPR, but that has faded recently.

I think Leon's hatred of Fulham is a local issue.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 20 Sep 2021 16:02

SCIAG Tbh I’ll always think of Fulham as being the first fans I heard sing “how shit must you be, we’re winning away” and respond to “you’re not singing anymore” with “we weren’t singing anyway”.

I remember A Fulham fans many years ago as they bought their way up the league singing ‘We’ll never play you again’.
They got that wrong....

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 20 Sep 2021 16:07

we are a bigger club than them, they would be horrified to read that, but it's true. We'd be getting more than them in the Premiership. And more if they were struggling with results in this league (ok there is a Premiership dividend vibe still going on for them).

And so we should , with their very small catchment area.

They also get inflated crowds because CC is popular with neutrals and away fans. Let's face it, it is a far better day out than our place.

Prolly something like, one of the best days out in England (like Newcastle), compared to one of the worst.

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 20 Sep 2021 16:27

I would like to thank reading with all their problems behind the scenes the last few years,they deserved their win.They were coached professionally by a proper coach,with proper players,not mercenaries who huff and puff,was the Bristol Reid on their payrol , to all the tonys fans ,it’s not just cav and Nicky who are bad it’s bobby as well 3 out of 3 ain’t bad.

What on God's green earth does this mean?

Anyway - we deserved the win - even for no other reason that to start getting some retribution for them mugging us off with Sone Aluko.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Sep 2021 16:35

paultheroyal

You probably need to just get over it.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 20 Sep 2021 17:02

Snowflake Royal
paultheroyal

You probably need to just get over it.

Not really when you hijack every post of mine or literally bring nothing to the table. Full of soundbites and full of shit.

4464 posts