Opposition fans back from the game

4464 posts
Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by Mr Angry » 26 Jan 2022 14:52

Mr Angry Just had a quick look at the Blackburn board; clearly a large % of those that post on there don't like Mowbray and want him sacked....

A few quotes:

Apart from a few sparks, poor game overall. That first half had the urgency of a sloth. The set up was all wrong, motivation was zero.

Reading had nothing.

Let's not discredit Reading for pulling one out of the bag for Mowbray. Even after going 2-0 up Reading could have easily scored a couple from some diabolical defending. Thankfully Reading were so tame up front that we got away without conceding. Overall we didn't deserve to come away with nothing but both sides looked mid-table nonentities.

Lively first half but spoiled by the usual disjointed square pegs in round holes stuff. Dolan trying his best, Brereton totally anonymous and wasted out wide, Rothwell too deep, If that's all an effort to stop the opposition it ruins Rovers as a dangerous football side. Fortunately Reading despite plenty effort weren't much good either.

Those that can't stand Mowbray sound so fed up with what they have had to endure under their current management that they see a win as merely prolonging the agony (as they see it).

Not that our fans have ever taken that view of a game..............................................

:roll:

I wonder if Blackburn fans still have the same view of Mowbray as they did back in October.......................

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 27 Jan 2022 13:16

They'd been moaning about Mowbray for 2 years

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Feb 2022 09:40

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic ... d/page/24/

An uneducated thought with no research from my side, but if Reading go down we could do worse that enquiring about their substitute Swift, looked mobile and tidy up front, a good Martin replacement.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 10 Feb 2022 10:08

CountryRoyal https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/215845-reading-at-home-match-day-thread/page/24/

An uneducated thought with no research from my side, but if Reading go down we could do worse that enquiring about their substitute Swift, looked mobile and tidy up front, a good Martin replacement.

LOL love how that guy seems to act like he is the only person to have thought swift isn’t half bad

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Feb 2022 10:21

CountryRoyal https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/215845-reading-at-home-match-day-thread/page/24/

Always seen him as a natural successor to Chris Martin.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 10 Feb 2022 10:22

Did they mean Coldplay?

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 10 Feb 2022 10:24

.... nicely 'balanced' view :roll: - not quite sure why he's singled us out amongst a division of dross in his last sentence .... but suspect there is a lot of frustration in there, bearing in mind their home form hasn't exactly been enlivening....

Bristol City 2-1 Reading

Good win for the reds tonight, despite yet another appalling display of refereeing, Tom Ince’s continual diving, and assorted histrionics from several other Reading players all of which bordered on the embarrassing.

As a club they really have zero attraction, dull from top to bottom and the sooner they exit the Championship via the relegation trapdoor, the better.

....and from what I recall of much of the last 15' (from the Red Button) there was only one set of players spending a lot of time on the floor or whining at the ref?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Feb 2022 12:01

Four Of Clubs .... nicely 'balanced' view :roll: - not quite sure why he's singled us out amongst a division of dross in his last sentence .... but suspect there is a lot of frustration in there, bearing in mind their home form hasn't exactly been enlivening....

Bristol City 2-1 Reading

Good win for the reds tonight, despite yet another appalling display of refereeing, Tom Ince’s continual diving, and assorted histrionics from several other Reading players all of which bordered on the embarrassing.

As a club they really have zero attraction, dull from top to bottom and the sooner they exit the Championship via the relegation trapdoor, the better.

....and from what I recall of much of the last 15' (from the Red Button) there was only one set of players spending a lot of time on the floor or whining at the ref?

Thought they were a very dirty team and got a away with a lot thanks to a terrible ref

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 10 Feb 2022 14:43

Snowflake Royal
Four Of Clubs .... nicely 'balanced' view :roll: - not quite sure why he's singled us out amongst a division of dross in his last sentence .... but suspect there is a lot of frustration in there, bearing in mind their home form hasn't exactly been enlivening....

Bristol City 2-1 Reading

Thought they were a very dirty team and got a away with a lot thanks to a terrible ref

Really physical side, to put it politely and against these sort of teams we need a little help from the ref. Needless to say we got none from our friend Langford

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Feb 2022 14:57

bcubed
Snowflake Royal

Really physical side, to put it politely and against these sort of teams we need a little help from the ref. Needless to say we got none from our friend Langford

I thought he was a bonnie referee

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 10 Feb 2022 21:18

Sutekh
bcubed
Snowflake Royal Thought they were a very dirty team and got a away with a lot thanks to a terrible ref

I thought he was a bonnie referee

One for the old guard :)

JR

by JR » 10 Feb 2022 22:15

bcubed
Snowflake Royal

I am no fan of Langford after he cost us promotion last year, but to be fair last night I thought he was decent and decisions were slightly in favour of us.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 10 Feb 2022 22:27

JR
bcubed
Snowflake Royal Thought they were a very dirty team and got a away with a lot thanks to a terrible ref

I am no fan of Langford after he cost us promotion last year, but to be fair last night I thought he was decent and decisions were slightly in favour of us.

I think you’ll find pauno cost us promotion

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Feb 2022 07:46

Brogue
JR
bcubed Really physical side, to put it politely and against these sort of teams we need a little help from the ref. Needless to say we got none from our friend Langford

I think you’ll find pauno cost us promotion

But credit to him, at least he got the club into a position where he could cost it promotion.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 22 Feb 2022 23:30

Lots of nervous Hull fans. Peterborough fans resigned to relegation now (their games in hand vs us are Bournemouth and Fulham away apparently). Barnsley fans indifferent but not resigned to relegation yet. While Derby fans see this as a major setback but they’re not going to back down easily. IF we can turn our back yard into a fortress that should kill off their momentum.

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 23 Feb 2022 07:05

TiagoIlori Lots of nervous Hull fans. Peterborough fans resigned to relegation now (their games in hand vs us are Bournemouth and Fulham away apparently). Barnsley fans indifferent but not resigned to relegation yet. While Derby fans see this as a major setback but they’re not going to back down easily. IF we can turn our back yard into a fortress that should kill off their momentum.

Love this. I really like Derby's fight but this is clearly us against them now (for the moment), and I really don't see them overtaking us with the games left; but I can see us pulling at least one team above us down into the bottom four yet.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 23 Feb 2022 07:15

I don’t really see it as us against Derby. They’re going to catch us and pass us. I think our season hinges on chasing down Hull or not.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 23 Feb 2022 07:18

Derby fans had become quite humble as the plucky underdogs, but they're now back to their entitled selves. A week ago they thought it was just a matter of time before they caught us, and now they're looking for every excuse under the sun. Very belatedly whinging about us getting Drinkwater and suggesting Pauno didn't get a payout and Ince is working for free.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 23 Feb 2022 07:22

Royal Ginger I don’t really see it as us against Derby. They’re going to catch us and pass us. I think our season hinges on chasing down Hull or not.

Think the cracks are starting to show now they've got a chance, pressure is on them for the first time. Three reds in their last six games ain't a good look. Hopefully they'll struggle without Lawrence for three games

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 23 Feb 2022 07:42

Pepe the Horseman Derby fans had become quite humble as the plucky underdogs, but they're now back to their entitled selves. A week ago they thought it was just a matter of time before they caught us, and now they're looking for every excuse under the sun. Very belatedly whinging about us getting Drinkwater and suggesting Pauno didn't get a payout and Ince is working for free.

I can see the latter 2 things being true. If Ince is on a ‘keep us up’ bonus it would be payable in the next financial year so much less significant for FFP.

4464 posts