Opposition fans back from the game

4464 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by Sutekh » 25 Oct 2022 16:00

muirinho
Snowflake Royal
Hendo Indeed - I'm sure that we've also said after defeats we've been crap as well - rather than how good the opposition were. WBA being the prime example of that.

There are only a small handful of clubs in the Championship that regularly play notably well imo. Everyone else has the odd great game and is otherwise decent and organised or a bit shit.

Same with all Championship players. Mostly decent, occasionally a bit shit, occasionally exceptionally good.
Any successful Championship team is that way either because it is actually full of PL players because they've just been demoted,
OR the particular blend of decent Championship players, loanees/young players on the way up and ex-PL players on the way down, combined with the manager and coaching staff, has become a team where the sum of the parts etc....

Regularly successful Championship teams have a back-of-house team that recognise the players and managers that will gel - they are Alchemists.
I'm really hopeful that Mark Bowen will stay at Reading, IMO, he is more important than any one player or coach.

Also Brian Carey who was, I believe, wanted by a few PL clubs over the summer but opted for Reading. He’s very much part of the team that identifies players and does the homework on them.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 13 Nov 2022 12:24

Can i assume that as we broke the Hull away awful record yesterday, the Hull fans are saying we were rubbish and the result was a travesty of justice :)

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 13 Nov 2022 12:48

They're more bemoaning their inability to hit a cow's arse with a banjo or defend set pieces, although apparently, the ref was the shittest ever.

nailseabiscuitman

by nailseabiscuitman » 13 Nov 2022 23:55

One fan was asking if Wayne oxf*rd still played for us, good knowledge!

nailseabiscuitman

by nailseabiscuitman » 13 Nov 2022 23:57

I'm not allowed to write Wa.nklyn apparently

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 10 Dec 2022 17:57

https://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/ ... 71/page-13

Better team but didn’t create much at all. Draw would have probably been fair. Reading are one of the worse teams in the division which makes it even more annoying. Tiny shit nonsense club.

Reading are an awful team. They've got nothing and somehow beaten us.

A few take aways from their forum. Wasn't our best game but i think they are being a bit harsh

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Dec 2022 18:06

Yeah whatever. Unsurprising reaction by the 3 points is what matters

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 10 Dec 2022 18:23

Well, if you cherry pick the 2 most negative comments.....

Most of them seem to be saying they were the better side but didnt create anything, which isn't that far from what we're saying.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 10 Dec 2022 18:24

super darren caskey https://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/%E2%9A%BD%EF%B8%8F-reading-vs-coventry-city-match-thread-saturday-10th-dec.146071/page-13

Better team but didn’t create much at all. Draw would have probably been fair. Reading are one of the worse teams in the division which makes it even more annoying. Tiny shit nonsense club.

A few take aways from their forum. Wasn't our best game but i think they are being a bit harsh

Sadly they need to look in the mirror when it comes to dishing out shyte about 'shit nonsense clubs'. About to lose their home once again due to the nonsensical way that their club has been run off the pitch in recent years.

Where there fans are saying they played the better football then I fully agree. It was far better and much more entertaining to watch than our win ugly approach. Fortunately our style got us the three points that we needed, even though I was bored silly by our team's contribution for a lot of the game.

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 10 Dec 2022 18:41

From Despair To Where? Well, if you cherry pick the 2 most negative comments.....

Most of them seem to be saying they were the better side but didnt create anything, which isn't that far from what we're saying.

Do you want me to post the whole thread on here? Isn't all fans back from the game cherry picked?

This thread here seems to mainly be about the nonsense salty opposition fans spout about us,i just added to it with two comments

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 10 Dec 2022 18:45

Its not all cherry picked though and IMO, it shouldn't be either. I'd rather read a cross section of opinions that reflects what the whole fanbase is saying.

How would you feel if other fans judged us on dd's rambling nonsense?
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 10 Dec 2022 18:47, edited 1 time in total.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 10 Dec 2022 18:46

Ironic that they slag us off in such a manner. Now they are in a mess and face eviction, and with FFP being lifted on us hopefully, they have one or two players worth looking at that would prefer a more stable club with a better future. I'd start with Sheaf. Surprised he was taken off. Constantly moping up and running into space and looking to create something. Looks a creative option.

Chameleon

by Chameleon » 10 Dec 2022 18:47

super darren caskey https://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/%E2%9A%BD%EF%B8%8F-reading-vs-coventry-city-match-thread-saturday-10th-dec.146071/page-13

At least we have stadium unlike those stupid pricks.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 10 Dec 2022 18:50

super darren caskey
From Despair To Where? Well, if you cherry pick the 2 most negative comments.....

Do you want me to post the whole thread on here? Isn't all fans back from the game cherry picked?

This thread here seems to mainly be about the nonsense salty opposition fans spout about us,i just added to it with two comments
….and thanks for doing so SDC….it saves us the botherance of checking out their sites ourselves.

Always a good laugh to read the ‘injured parties’ comments :lol:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 10 Dec 2022 18:51

From Despair To Where? Its not all cherry picked though and IMO, it shouldn't be either. I'd rather read a cross section of opinions that reflects what the whole fanbase is saying.

plenty of opportunities to trawl their sites yourself I guess?

I prefer the ‘potted’ approach

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 10 Dec 2022 18:54

From Despair To Where? Its not all cherry picked though and IMO, it shouldn't be either. I'd rather read a cross section of opinions that reflects what the whole fanbase is saying.

Most fans of other clubs hate us anyway bizzarely...Tin pot,nothing club,we are all chelsea fans. Despite us being one of the oldest football clubs in the football league.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 10 Dec 2022 22:41

Considering the absolute shit show their club is currently in, this comment beggars belief…

That stadium is oxf*rd terrible.

All the charmlessness and out the way-ness of a new build with all the shit facilities of an old stadium.

Hated it.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Dec 2022 22:42

paultheroyal Considering the absolute shit show their club is currently in, this comment beggars belief…

All the charmlessness and out the way-ness of a new build with all the shit facilities of an old stadium.

Hated it.

Crikey, their place is the most soulless concrete dump I've been to, the cheek on that person.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 11 Dec 2022 12:25

Snowflake Royal
paultheroyal Considering the absolute shit show their club is currently in, this comment beggars belief…

Hated it.

Crikey, their place is the most soulless concrete dump I've been to, the cheek on that person.

Their place?

That's only aimed at the fools who slag off our club and stadium. I feel genuine sympathy for their more reasonable supporters and hope they can get things sorted on a decent and permanent basis.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Dec 2022 12:27

RoyalBlue
Snowflake Royal

Their place?

That's only aimed at the fools who slag off our club and stadium. I feel genuine sympathy for their more reasonable supporters and hope they can get things sorted on a decent and permanent basis.

Knew I should have used 'their'.

Yeah, feel sorry for the lot that aren’t cretins.

4464 posts