Opposition fans back from the game

4464 posts
NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by NathStPaul » 10 Aug 2021 10:20

NewCorkSeth
Hound
NewCorkSeth Bets on who will have a better season: Hoolahan or Bannan?

Never particularly rated Bannan. Obvs too good for Div1 though. Jed Wallace is quality though

Local lad too. Sign him up.

Got a spare 8 million?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Aug 2021 10:22

NathStPaul
NewCorkSeth
Hound
Never particularly rated Bannan. Obvs too good for Div1 though. Jed Wallace is quality though

Local lad too. Sign him up.

Got a spare 8 million?

Doubt that's enough tbh..

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 10 Aug 2021 10:26

NewCorkSeth
NathStPaul
NewCorkSeth Local lad too. Sign him up.

Got a spare 8 million?

Out of contract next summer, not sure anyone could afford to turn down that sort of money at the moment.

He will have a large queue of clubs wanting to speak to him if he runs down his contract.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Aug 2021 10:27

NathStPaul
NewCorkSeth
NathStPaul Got a spare 8 million?

Out of contract next summer, not sure anyone could afford to turn down that sort of money at the moment.

He will have a large queue of clubs wanting to speak to him if he runs down his contract.

Oooh that is pretty tasty. If they don't start well he could well be off. Millwall should do alright this season though. Decent side.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Aug 2021 11:54

Hound
NewCorkSeth
NathStPaul He has a contract until the end of the 2023 season, can't see him leaving or Wednesday selling unless they get a silly offer.

Bets on who will have a better season: Hoolahan or Bannan?

Think Bannan's legs went last season. Previously always ran the show against us at least. Should still be too good for L1, but reckon he's one of the reasons Weds are in trouble

Bigtimmeh

by Bigtimmeh » 14 Aug 2021 22:55

From PNE fans:
Lindsay and Storey are a oxf*rd bomb scare together. Ball got slotted between them time after time.
That's why we lost today. Reading just took it up a notch after we equalised and you felt they could score when they really wanted.

Thought Browne was the only stand out. Desperately searching for 3 worse teams at the moment.

Dismal display first half never looked like scoring in a million years .
Second half thought we played a lot better at least we showed some intention especially after we scored thought we may have nicked it .
Overall though Reading had that bit extra and deserved the win .
That sodding Swift again scoring against us he must love playing us.

we are playing the shit shows of the division. Two teams in/coming out of transfer embargos. Hull got dicked today. We are oxf*rd.

Up until the last ten Reading dominated us. And could’ve had 3 or 4 and we wouldn’t have been able to complain

Last 10 minutes was our best spell…I’m not sure if that’s due to a change of formation or Reading sitting back.
What is clear is that although the 5-3-2 worked at the end of last season it ain’t working now.

there are some distinctly average/poor sides in this year’s championship and we have been comfortably defeated by 2 in 2 games.

Make no mistake Reading were the better side today and before DJ slotted then pen it could have been 2 or 3 before then.
The late ‘kitchen sink’ where we nearly equalised doesn’t dress today up any better.

very concerning thus far but sadly not unexpected

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 15 Aug 2021 00:44

Nothing from them about being outsung for 90mins?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Aug 2021 02:11

Their fans were the quietest away support I can recall until they scored. Didn’t hear them at all in the first hour.

Bigtimmeh

by Bigtimmeh » 15 Aug 2021 13:13

Jagermesiter1871 Nothing from them about being outsung for 90mins?

Lol no, not that I saw. Their fans were rubbish though. Most of the comments were bemoaning the management/recruitment decisions at PNE. One more:
We really are in the shit if we're getting dominated by a club that is in such turmoil as Reading are

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 16 Aug 2021 21:28

All fair comments from where I’m sitting.

Don’t mind Preston at all, my biggest gripe is going up there and being 3-0 down not long after half time (2017, IIRC).

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 Aug 2021 22:44

They're a pretty decent and fair minded bunch generally. My biggest gripe with Preston is Deepdale. It looks quite impressive from outside then you get in and its "Oh, well that's a bit of a let down". Similar to Bolton in that respect. A stadium that looks great from the outside but utterly underwhelming on the inside.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 17 Aug 2021 09:38

From Despair To Where? They're a pretty decent and fair minded bunch generally. My biggest gripe with Preston is Deepdale. It looks quite impressive from outside then you get in and its "Oh, well that's a bit of a let down". Similar to Bolton in that respect. A stadium that looks great from the outside but utterly underwhelming on the inside.

A sort of reverse Tardis.

Jinx

by Jinx » 17 Aug 2021 18:49

A Sidrat?

Bigtimmeh

by Bigtimmeh » 18 Aug 2021 02:23

Bristol city:

There's something especially satisfying about beating this mob.

One of those bogey teams like Leeds, Wolves and Brum who we could never beat even when fairing better than them in the league.

The epitome of a club and fans only following the money, anyone who went to Elm Park where we outnumbered the home crowd on aeveral occasions will know what I mean.

I must say after recent years I would have put Reading firmly in my top 3 shit list if they got something from that game.

brilliant result bar two lapses in concentration we were far superior to them.

Well done City

I didnt expect us to win after going 2 0 up so early

Never felt more comfortable going into a game - never bet on city but did, and shared I did l. Great night and a few tokens in the bank

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 18 Aug 2021 17:01

I'm not sure about days when Bristol City fans outnumbered home fans at Elm Park, given that the away end only held about 2500.

Then again, fans are odd. There was one fan (I think, drunk) who was shouting abuse outside the away end before the game. At one stage he shouted "You've got no f***ing shite!"

He had been shouting about us "having no history" before that, but I'm struggling to thing of this glorious and rich history Bristol City have had in comparison.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 18 Aug 2021 17:25

tmesis I'm not sure about days when Bristol City fans outnumbered home fans at Elm Park, given that the away end only held about 2500.

Then again, fans are odd. There was one fan (I think, drunk) who was shouting abuse outside the away end before the game. At one stage he shouted "You've got no f***ing shite!"

He had been shouting about us "having no history" before that, but I'm struggling to thing of this glorious and rich history Bristol City have had in comparison.

They were top of the top division once after about 6 games.

Relegated the same season I think

Also :
https://thesefootballtimes.co/2017/09/20/the-story-of-bristol-citys-three-relegations-in-747-days/

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 18 Aug 2021 17:31

tmesis I'm not sure about days when Bristol City fans outnumbered home fans at Elm Park, given that the away end only held about 2500.

They really are deluded.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 18 Aug 2021 17:43

There was a comment about us getting back to the Third Division where we belong……

In the last 40 years, one club has spent 2 seasons in Division 4, 14 in Division 3, 22 in Division 2, and 3 in Division 1. The other club has spent 2 in Division 4, 20 in Division 3, 18 in Division 2, and none in the top flight.

One club last played in the 3rd tier during the 2001-2 season, the other in the 2014-15 season.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 18 Aug 2021 17:44

The only silver lining about last night’s result is that these nuggets may stick with Pearson for another couple of months.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Aug 2021 17:54

I thought they were terrible to be honest. Up there with the worst defensive Reading performances of recent times, playing a couple of 19 year old kids with a couple of appearances each and chasing the game with a 17 year old youth Teamer on debut - and still got run close

Fully expect them to be fighting relegation

4464 posts