Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by CountryRoyal » 23 Aug 2019 13:45

Snowflake Royal
bcubed
genome Agreed, by far the best of the Birmingham-area sides

Low bar though

They clear it by miles.

Yeah even Walsall are proper pcunts tbf.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 12 Dec 2019 00:17

Barnsley Away:

"Thoroughly disappointed with tonight. I agree that they were the worst team I've seen at Oakwell in quite a while and we still couldn't beat them."

"Possibly the worst team i've seen at oakwell in years...The opposition run us a close second and still got a point with ease"

"Its quite an achievement to not beat a side as pi55 poor as Reading but we achieved it."

"Reading worst team I have seen at Oakwell this season"

"Reading were terrible and it’s not good that we haven’t managed to beat one of the worst, non threatening performances from an away side I’ve seen this year. "

"Reading's number 14 can beat a man - he kept beating anyone who tried to tackle him."

"Reading did their very best to make us look competent and we tried our very best to pass up on that opportunity they afforded us."

"The most amazing thing tonight is that both teams scored. I really never saw that coming."

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 12 Dec 2019 00:30

PistolPete Barnsley Away:

"Thoroughly disappointed with tonight. I agree that they were the worst team I've seen at Oakwell in quite a while and we still couldn't beat them."

"Possibly the worst team i've seen at oakwell in years...The opposition run us a close second and still got a point with ease"

"Its quite an achievement to not beat a side as pi55 poor as Reading but we achieved it."

"Reading were terrible and it’s not good that we haven’t managed to beat one of the worst, non threatening performances from an away side I’ve seen this year. "

"Reading's number 14 can beat a man - he kept beating anyone who tried to tackle him."

"Reading did their very best to make us look competent and we tried our very best to pass up on that opportunity they afforded us."

"The most amazing thing tonight is that both teams scored. I really never saw that coming."

Can't argue with any of that, must be really oxf*rd annoying to not have got what should have been a vital 3pts.

We'll play better, especially with Swift and Baldock back.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Dec 2019 00:59

tidus_mi2

Can't argue with any of that, must be really oxf*rd annoying to not have got what should have been a vital 3pts.

Yep, absolutely and we’ve said it before ourselves. In fact IIRC we said the exact same thing about Barnsley last season - but I think we beat them. Can’t really remember, most of our performances over the last few years have been pretty forgettable.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 12 Dec 2019 01:20

CountryRoyal
tidus_mi2

Yep, absolutely and we’ve said it before ourselves. In fact IIRC we said the exact same thing about Barnsley last season - but I think we beat them. Can’t really remember, most of our performances over the last few years have been pretty forgettable.

Barnsley weren't in the Championship last season :mrgreen:

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 12 Dec 2019 02:32

And they have beaten Fulham and Hull two decent teams. Barnsley were terrible yet we made them look like Liverpool tonight. Even more worrying was watching how rubbish Birmingham were against QPR just one half hearted attempt at goal against a team who leak goals for fun yet they could have had five against us.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Dec 2019 10:58

tidus_mi2
CountryRoyal
tidus_mi2 Can't argue with any of that, must be really oxf*rd annoying to not have got what should have been a vital 3pts.

Like I said, forgettable. Must have been a couple of seasons ago :lol:

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 12 Dec 2019 11:42

CountryRoyal
tidus_mi2
CountryRoyal

Yeah, beat them 3-0 in Nov 2017, Edwards and JVDB on the scoresheet that game

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 12 Dec 2019 12:01

URZZZZ
CountryRoyal
tidus_mi2 Barnsley weren't in the Championship last season :mrgreen:

Reckon they would have been the last 2 I would have guessed if you asked me who scored that game..

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 12 Dec 2019 12:12

NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ
CountryRoyal

Reckon they would have been the last 2 I would have guessed if you asked me who scored that game..

The last time we played them was a 1-1 draw up there too, Kermy for us and a last minute leveller for them.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 12 Dec 2019 12:32

NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ
CountryRoyal

I'm not sure, Aluko played that night

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 12 Dec 2019 12:33

URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ

Who?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 12 Dec 2019 12:35

NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth Reckon they would have been the last 2 I would have guessed if you asked me who scored that game..

Who?

Eni

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 12 Dec 2019 12:36

URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ

Who?

Eni

I wish. We would have stormed the league.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Dec 2019 20:36

NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth Reckon they would have been the last 2 I would have guessed if you asked me who scored that game..

Who?

Alukwho

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 14 Dec 2019 11:03

Ouch.

Good to see Ejaria getting a mention even when he was nowhere near his best.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 14 Dec 2019 11:04

Ouch.

Good to see Ejaria getting a mention even when he was nowhere near his best.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 30 Dec 2019 12:41

Enjoying the beaten by Charlie Adam comments

In the spirit of Christmas, and knowingly swimming against the tide, I am always fair when it comes to seeing pure skill, and Charlie Adam did two things today that were head and shoulders ahead of anything else on the pitch.
His through ball for the goal was sublime, and he absolutely undressed Potts with a deft shimmy. The obese Blackpool bastard impressed me today. He's 34 years old. He looked 47.
Reading were full value for their 3 points today, they scored two - and nearly three - excellent goals, and their manager completely outdid Alex Neil in the tactics department. Their back four was absolutely superb throughout.
Sometimes you have to accept defeat, analyse the weaknesses, and come back another day.
And rest assured that you only have to play each team, and Reading in particular, twice each season.

allowed the pedestrian,rotund Charlie Adam to run it.........

For a fat, greying old football player, it was amazing the influence Charlie Adam had on important phases of the game.
Respect where it is due.

It pains me to say this. Despite looking like a telly tubby, he was still a class act. MOM by a street.

His ball into our box leading to their first goal should become mandatory viewing to all youth players under the age of 16.

we allowed some old fat bugger to boss the game for the first half

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Dec 2019 12:47

Fair enough - have plenty of time for PNE fans. Alex Neil is a bit of a tit (but a decent manager) but their fans are generally decent

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Dec 2019 16:51

Hound Fair enough - have plenty of time for PNE fans. Alex Neil is a bit of a tit (but a decent manager) but their fans are generally decent

I think hes a good manager but he does talk some shite. Comes across very "old man yelling at clouds" at times.

4464 posts