Opposition fans back from the game

4464 posts
BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by BR0B0T » 04 Mar 2019 13:18

Snowflake Royal I reckon theyll spend no more than about 5 seasons in League One... probably 2 / 3 and come back stronger.

based on what?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Mar 2019 17:43

BR0B0T
Snowflake Royal I reckon theyll spend no more than about 5 seasons in League One... probably 2 / 3 and come back stronger.

based on what?

Solidly Championship level club. First full season properly too shit to cope at this level, not much money but also dont seem to be in any dire financials because they havent been overspending for years.

See the likes of Norwich, Sheff Utd etc as the most similar.

Its an opinion and a prediction, not pretending its any more than that.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 04 Mar 2019 17:45

Snowflake Royal
BR0B0T

based on what?

Solidly Championship level club. First full season properly too shit to cope at this level, not much money but also dont seem to be in any dire financials because they havent been overspending for years.

See the likes of Norwich, Sheff Utd etc as the most similar.

Its an opinion and a prediction, not pretending its any more than that.

ok...as you were!

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 11 Mar 2019 14:10

Wigan fans seem to think we were overphysical although they're more intent on slagging off Paul Cook for making shite substitutions to really slag us off.

JamieY26

by JamieY26 » 11 Mar 2019 15:13

From the Wigan forum... "The Reading winner was never a goal in the history of football. Olsson is clearly taken out. Jumped on and pushed over to prevent hom jumping to try and head clear. Awful refereeing............"

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 11 Mar 2019 15:32

So poor old Olson was impeded. What a shame after he spent most of the game assaulting our players. The best thing about this win was that we beat a team of absolute thug. If we go down, we will meet more teams like this in Div 1.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 11 Mar 2019 15:42

Hampshire Royal So poor old Olson was impeded. What a shame after he spent most of the game assaulting our players. The best thing about this win was that we beat a team of absolute thug. If we go down, we will meet more teams like this in Div 1.

I cant be sure but it looks like Olsson holds Meite first which is equally a foul then runs into the back of Blackett..

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 11 Mar 2019 15:47

NewCorkSeth
Hampshire Royal So poor old Olson was impeded. What a shame after he spent most of the game assaulting our players. The best thing about this win was that we beat a team of absolute thug. If we go down, we will meet more teams like this in Div 1.

I cant be sure but it looks like Olsson holds Meite first which is equally a foul then runs into the back of Blackett..

Yeah i was just looking at it, Olson holds Meite loses him so he then tries to grab Blackett, at the same time Miazga come across and get nudged into Olson. Very strange defending.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 11 Mar 2019 15:49

Coppells Lost Coat
NewCorkSeth

Yeah i was just looking at it, Olson holds Meite loses him so he then tries to grab Blackett, at the same time Miazga come across and get nudged into Olson. Very strange defending.

The angle makes it hard to see what happened but he almost looks like he is falling as he reaches Blackett. Miazga does fall on him yeah but I reckon in the grand scheme of things he "fouled" Meite.

Great strength by Meite to shove Olsson off of him. He played poorly but Olsson is a strong guy.

JC
Hob Nob Regular

by JC » 12 Mar 2019 16:54

Reports today that the Wigan manager said all three of our goals should have not been allowed.
The first was such an obvious foul I can't understand what hes talking about. In fact it was very close to being a penalty and the commentator on the extended ifollow highlights said as much.
For the second he is complaining that it was unsporting behaviour not to have knocked it back to the goalkeeper. Never seen that in any laws of the game. Anyway when it comes to sporting behaviour what about their bloke feigning a head injury in the 89th minute when we had a good attack going
As for the last see the comments earlier in this thread.

Somehow makes the victory just that little bit sweeter

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 Mar 2019 17:08

JC Reports today that the Wigan manager said all three of our goals should have not been allowed.
The first was such an obvious foul I can't understand what hes talking about. In fact it was very close to being a penalty and the commentator on the extended ifollow highlights said as much.
For the second he is complaining that it was unsporting behaviour not to have knocked it back to the goalkeeper. Never seen that in any laws of the game. Anyway when it comes to sporting behaviour what about their bloke feigning a head injury in the 89th minute when we had a good attack going

Surely the second goal came after play had been stopped when we had the ball and were attacking their goal. On what basis should we have given the ball to their keeper ? Even them kicking itto Martínez would have cost us 75 yards and the money mentim of the attack. The goal came because their player tried to be clever and waste time and our player spotted the ball was in play and played it !

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 12 Mar 2019 17:11

JC Reports today that the Wigan manager said all three of our goals should have not been allowed.

Yeah I read his comments. I cant see any neutral saying that goal 1 and 3 should not have been given. I could see some people complaining about the 2nd but, as has been said, nothing against the rules happened.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 12 Mar 2019 17:18

He's just deflecting attention away from the fact the fans want him gone and they blame him for losing the game by making shit substitutions when they were 2-1 up and in control of the game.

From the few comments I've seen, Wigan fans seem to blame the second game on them falling asleep from the drop ball.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 01 Apr 2019 18:50

Have a look at PNE on line (The lillywhites fan forum). Makes a nice change to read some positive comments about us, No calling us a tinpot club or other insults, just how they saw the game. Some of their comments about us, left me feeling more confident about us staying up. The North Ender FANS are certainly better than a lot of others who we have beaten over the years.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Apr 2019 18:51

Yep had a scan through as well. Looked a decent enough bunch and fair comments

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 11 Apr 2019 09:42

Those Norwich folk are a bit odd. A lot are Farkeing it up and seem to think that last night was a colossal travesty of justice and that we had no right to turn up and not lay down for them.

On the other hand a few are suggesting that we turned up with a plan, executed it well and shit happens.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 11 Apr 2019 09:46

From Despair To Where? Those Norwich folk are a bit odd. A lot are Farkeing it up and seem to think that last night was a colossal travesty of justice and that we had no right to turn up and not lay down for them.

On the other hand a few are suggesting that we turned up with a plan, executed it well and shit happens.

<posts something about them all being related>

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 11 Apr 2019 11:48

From Despair To Where? Those Norwich folk are a bit odd. A lot are Farkeing it up and seem to think that last night was a colossal travesty of justice and that we had no right to turn up and not lay down for them.

I could understand more if it was kneck and kneck but they’ve got a very healthy lead and have been promoted several times in recent years. “Only” getting a point in one game is hardly that big a deal. Especially as Sheff Utd didn’t win.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 11 Apr 2019 12:28

The more balanced are pointing out that they've taken 25 points in the last 9 games and have gone from 5pts back in 2nd to 6pts clear at the top.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Apr 2019 18:50

Norwich supporting colleague said his son was at the game and said us getting anything was total injustice and we thieved a point.

I laughed and pointed out they spent more than 55 minutes losing and less than 10 winning. We had a game plan, and we executed it nearly perfectly.

It's all well and good being really good and spending most of the game in possession and threatening, but if you don't score, that's your problem. And if you do eventually break through, turn it around and then concede a last minute goal, then it's hardly injustice. How hard is it to see out 10 minutes when you've spent most of the previous 86 camped around our box and are playing someone at the wrong end of the league compared to you who's entire game plan was to try to defend and sneak one.

4464 posts