Opposition fans back from the game

4464 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by Hound » 01 Apr 2022 10:33

paultheroyal
New defender to go with the new goalie signed the other week, a player on loan from Chelsea, Tom Ince and Andy Carroll for 5 months . Embargo my arse. Can we have our centre half back who we had to give to Stoke please- the ones who've just been allowed a 180 million FFP get out of jail free card. bankers

Lolz

Though it’s transfer restrictions rather than a full embargo. So yes it is embargo his arse, coz that’s not what we are under

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Apr 2022 10:50

Stating the obvious, I know but the new keeper is a free transfer replacing the injured loanee keeper we brought in to replace the keeper who left. 1 out, I in and is paid less than the keeper who left

Ince is a loan swap with Moore. 1 out, 1 in.

Thomas is a former League 1 CB who struggled to get in the side propping up the league and a free transfer on a 2 month contract. We're not talking Virgil Van Dyk here.

Carroll was a 2 month contract on £1,000/wk.

Plus, as hound says we're under restrictions, not an embargo. Even then embargos tend to operate on the basis of squad size limits, 1 out, 1 in and an overall reduction in costs so its still all legit and within the rules anyway. I'm sure if we were in administration, we wouldn't be allowed to sign anyone.

Not sure any of that is worse than turning down a multi million pound offer for a player when you're in administration and owe HMRC £20m+ and you still haven't paid another club for a player you "bought" 2 years ago. But, you know, their 39 year old CB went to Stoke so it's not fair.

No one wants to buy Derby County because they have zero assets and all £30m gets you is a receipt. Their fan base is weird. I know they're fighting for the future of their club but so many seem to have their heads up their arses. The way both us and them are being treated is entirely proportionate to the indiscretions committed.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 01 Apr 2022 12:29

From Despair To Where? Stating the obvious, I know but the new keeper is a free transfer replacing the injured loanee keeper we brought in to replace the keeper who left. 1 out, I in and is paid less than the keeper who left

Ince is a loan swap with Moore. 1 out, 1 in.

Thomas is a former League 1 CB who struggled to get in the side propping up the league and a free transfer on a 2 month contract. We're not talking Virgil Van Dyk here.

Carroll was a 2 month contract on £1,000/wk.

Plus, as hound says we're under restrictions, not an embargo. Even then embargos tend to operate on the basis of squad size limits, 1 out, 1 in and an overall reduction in costs so its still all legit and within the rules anyway. I'm sure if we were in administration, we wouldn't be allowed to sign anyone.

Not sure any of that is worse than turning down a multi million pound offer for a player when you're in administration and owe HMRC £20m+ and you still haven't paid another club for a player you "bought" 2 years ago. But, you know, their 39 year old CB went to Stoke so it's not fair.

No one wants to buy Derby County because they have zero assets and all £30m gets you is a receipt. Their fan base is weird. I know they're fighting for the future of their club but so many seem to have their heads up their arses. The way both us and them are being treated is entirely proportionate to the indiscretions committed.

So Derby County are an NFT?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Apr 2022 13:05

To all intents and purposes, yes.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 06 Apr 2022 10:07

A Stoke fan having a major meltdown on twitter https://twitter.com/samfosy11

@BBCBerkshire
your first goal was handball. Then Ejaria should have been sent off. Reading deserve nothing. Cheats

@SuburbanBadger
Reading should've had a man sent off, and their first goal was handball. End of

To everyone telling me it's NOT handball, please see the REVISED handball law which came into force 2020/2021 season.

I quote "a player still cannot score a goal with their arm, even if it is accidental"

I appreciate the "bad journalist" comments. Only makes me stronger.

He also deleted one claiming the EFL were letting us win to make sure Derby got relegated.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 06 Apr 2022 10:09

Pepe the Horseman A Stoke fan having a major meltdown on twitter https://twitter.com/samfosy11

@BBCBerkshire
your first goal was handball. Then Ejaria should have been sent off. Reading deserve nothing. Cheats

@SuburbanBadger

To everyone telling me it's NOT handball, please see the REVISED handball law which came into force 2020/2021 season.

I quote "a player still cannot score a goal with their arm, even if it is accidental"

He also deleted one claiming the EFL were letting us win to make sure Derby got relegated.

Is this the guy that has "Journalist" in his bio? Saw Maff RT loads of it and it is proper lol worthy.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 06 Apr 2022 10:19

Soo crying wold when they miss a chance my granny would have scored, and she`s been gone 40 years, if they want to criticise maybe they should look closer to home.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 06 Apr 2022 10:29

the problem with this thread is that I'm not sure who really gives a shit?

Needle

by Needle » 06 Apr 2022 14:06

Me and my lad were there last night. We must be suckers for punishment as I've just bought our Blackburn tickets this morning.

The away following was as I'd expect.. about 500 (and the same as Cardiff mid week recently). The home support was equally awful, probably worse.

He must've heard the noise to his right.

But he's got a point. Our ground was pretty empty - ED stand in particular. Sad times.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 06 Apr 2022 14:17

Hendo
Pepe the Horseman A Stoke fan having a major meltdown on twitter https://twitter.com/samfosy11

@BBCBerkshire

@SuburbanBadger

Is this the guy that has "Journalist" in his bio? Saw Maff RT loads of it and it is proper lol worthy.

Even in the clip he tweeted in support of his claims the ball appeared to come off Morrison’s shoulder not his arm therefore not handball.

‘Dirty’? Stoke committed nearly double the number of fouls that we did. And O’Neill seemed to imply that the guy’s injury was caused by the way he fell rather than a really bad foul.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 06 Apr 2022 14:17

Hendo

@BBCBerkshire

@SuburbanBadger

Even in the clip he tweeted in support of his claims the ball appeared to come off Morrison’s shoulder not his arm therefore not handball.

‘Dirty’? Stoke committed nearly double the number of fouls that we did. And O’Neill seemed to imply that the guy’s injury was caused by the way he fell rather than a really bad foul.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 17 Apr 2022 16:00

Some thoughts from the Blades' fans:

Reading - yeah okay ... they have Paul Ince and all that but they weren't Forest or Fulham or anything of the teams which could cause us problems. But that's just it, isn't it? They oxf*rd well did cause us problems.

Our first half three today looked completely devoid of any ideas or capability to link either with themselves, or with wingbacks and front men. Their only route was backwards and Reading ran oxf*rd riot.

Fair play to Reading. They fought harder and all the dangerous players wore yellow. They scored a good goal, albeit awful defending and should have been 2 or 3 up................A team 4th bottom were far better than us and wanted it more.......Reading's reaction at the end said how much they wanted it more than us.

https://youtu.be/9R54Nr6KddA

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Apr 2022 17:48

Thanks Royal B….great stuff

….doesn’t that second paragraph sound so familiar (of us a few weeks back).?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 25 Jul 2022 12:07

or before the game...

Normally I would accept a draw on the opening day of the season. Just to get on the board. Not this time. It is the best game to have. We will win easily.

Is Shane Long the striker who has scored 5 goals since 2019 and is 35 years old?

oxf*rd Ince, how the oxf*rd he still finds gainful employment is a mystery, well maybe not, he just hangs around wherever MyTom is and then takes the current manager's job.

Can't believe many are thinking the first game of the season is a 6 pointer, never known that before but it is looking like a very long difficult season ahead of us judging by pre season

I went yesterday and it was the first I'd seen of the team under Appleton. What I noticed was;
- We showed them far too much respect first 10 minutes, but once the half progressed we grew into the game and deserved our goal. We have to take the game to Reading from the off
- All the goals conceded were soft, and we need to improve massively in that department, but that might simply be the return of Marv. However, if we defend like that against Shane Long he will punish us.
- Now the positives, the pissing about at the back, seems to have gone. Also, we showed that we can create chances if we press the opposition like we did for 15-20 minutes in the second half.

It was always going to be difficult, with Critch leaving, and Appleton taking over. We have a reasonable squad, but desperately require additional players, but hey let's all remain positive. We've had much darker times and come through the other side.

On Saturday we need the North to make it a wall of noise and really get behind tge lads from the off.

Long and Hendrick are better than anything we have

With the problems and financial restraints Reading have we probably couldn't have picked a kinder fixture to open with.
They have managed to get a few players in though including Joe Lumley.
At least it's a game that looks winnable but that brings it's own pressures.
Let's hope that we add some extra quality to the squad this week.

Incebrought in loads of experience and quality in key areas, unless there’s a huge improvement in what we’ve seen in pre season, I fear the worst.

I think the problem is we're playing a team we will expect to beat at home and with all of the negativity surrounding us with transfers etc. If we lose and it's a bad show I feel like the fans will react badly. Critch had change in the bank last season, MA has zero change.

We could do with 2/3 signings this week to get that positive atmosphere back.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 25 Jul 2022 12:15

Seems as if they are concerned about the lack of quality in their squad. Did they only make their first summer signing last week and it was a loan deal?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 25 Jul 2022 12:17

Jesus, that is some serious negativity.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Jul 2022 12:22

tidus_mi2 Jesus, that is some serious negativity.

I enjoyed one fan asking if it's the Shane Long who has scored 5 goals in three years and another person saying Long is better than anyone they have. :lol:

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 25 Jul 2022 12:41

Snowflake Royal

I enjoyed one fan asking if it's the Shane Long who has scored 5 goals in three years and another person saying Long is better than anyone they have. :lol:

Both can be true.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 25 Jul 2022 13:09

Interesting that they seemed focus on Long, when it is Joao and Meite who they need to be worried about!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Jul 2022 13:10

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal

Both can be true.

Depressingly for them

4464 posts