Opposition fans back from the game

4464 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by Zip » 01 Oct 2021 10:28

NathStPaul "Weather looks bad for Saturday. Heavy rain. Match could be postponed if our stewards can't make it through the floods."

:|

He was being sarcastic

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 01 Oct 2021 10:29

Zip
NathStPaul "Weather looks bad for Saturday. Heavy rain. Match could be postponed if our stewards can't make it through the floods."

He was being sarcastic

He could well have been but how would you possibly know this?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 01 Oct 2021 10:31

NathStPaul
Zip

He was being sarcastic

I post on there and have done for many years

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 01 Oct 2021 10:32

Zip
NathStPaul
Zip

He was being sarcastic

TRAITOR! Get in the tower!

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 01 Oct 2021 10:33

NathStPaul
Zip
NathStPaul He could well have been but how would you possibly know this?

I post on Wales football, rugby and cricket plus on Reading games. Have posted on the very thread Paul has referenced. They really are not happy at the moment.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 01 Oct 2021 10:39

Zip
NathStPaul
Zip

I post on Wales football, rugby and cricket plus on Reading games. Have posted on the very thread Paul has referenced. They really are not happy at the moment.

Be careful what they wish for. I am not sure what their supporters really expect or want? They haven't got a squad capable of getting promoted and they didn't spend much/any money in the summer. McCarthy won 7 games in a row at the back end of last season, he can obviously get a tune out of the players so I would be patient if I were them.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 01 Oct 2021 10:41

NathStPaul
Zip
NathStPaul

Be careful what they wish for. I am not sure what their supporters really expect or want? They haven't got a squad capable of getting promoted and they didn't spend much/any money in the summer. McCarthy won 7 games in a row at the back end of last season, he can obviously get a tune out of the players so I would be patient if I were them.

It’s more than that. They hate the style of football that has prevailed at the club for a long time. I get that and wouldn’t want to be watching aimless, long ball stuff at our club.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 01 Oct 2021 10:47

Zip
NathStPaul
Zip

It’s more than that. They hate the style of football that has prevailed at the club for a long time. I get that and wouldn’t want to be watching aimless, long ball stuff at our club.

They don't have the players to play lovely expansive football, I think the owners knew that which is why they turned to Mick. We'd all love our team to play beautiful football but sometimes you have to play to your strengths which is what McCarthy is trying to do but currently failing to get results which is a huge issue. If you're winning and playing that style it is ok but much like Reading under Jaap Stam, if you get beat every week playing a negative style you can be in big trouble fairly quickly.

I would be wary of sacking Mick, Ipswich Town spring to mind....

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 01 Oct 2021 11:00

Zip
NathStPaul
Zip

Hi Pearcey ;-)

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 01 Oct 2021 11:06

paultheroyal
Zip
NathStPaul

Hi Pearcey ;-)

“Waves”

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 01 Oct 2021 11:54

Zip
NathStPaul
Zip

Doesn’t help presumably when their nearest and not so dearest have had the media jizzing themselves over their style of play for the last 10 years or so either.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 01 Oct 2021 11:59

People don’t mind hoofball when their team is winning, look at Barnsley fans last year, but once their high press all action committed style comes off the rails and it is just aimless hoofs down the channels that is when that style of football is really the hardest as a fan to stomach. The end of the Branfoot era was the worst football I’ve ever seen us play. Even the couple of Porterfield years afterwards were better as you didn’t get neck ache watching!

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 01 Oct 2021 12:05

Mr Optimist People don’t mind hoofball when their team is winning, look at Barnsley fans last year, but once their high press all action committed style comes off the rails and it is just aimless hoofs down the channels that is when that style of football is really the hardest as a fan to stomach. The end of the Branfoot era was the worst football I’ve ever seen us play. Even the couple of Porterfield years afterwards were better as you didn’t get neck ache watching!

Completely agree - in fact of all our managers I can remember (and I go back to Jack Mansell) our fans were most vocal for Branfoot to be sacked than anyone else, even Terry the taxi

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 01 Oct 2021 12:14

Mid Sussex Royal
Mr Optimist People don’t mind hoofball when their team is winning, look at Barnsley fans last year, but once their high press all action committed style comes off the rails and it is just aimless hoofs down the channels that is when that style of football is really the hardest as a fan to stomach. The end of the Branfoot era was the worst football I’ve ever seen us play. Even the couple of Porterfield years afterwards were better as you didn’t get neck ache watching!

Completely agree - in fact of all our managers I can remember (and I go back to Jack Mansell) our fans were most vocal for Branfoot to be sacked than anyone else, even Terry the taxi

I felt a bit sorry for Terry the taxi, amidst the dross there were fleeting moments of promise like the 4-0 demolition of Sunderland at home playing some beautiful football, where you came out of Elm Park scratching your head thinking why can’t they play like that every week, or even every other week would’ve done!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Oct 2021 12:23

Zip
NathStPaul
Zip

:shock:

Slut. I thought you loved us :cry:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 01 Oct 2021 12:32

Snowflake Royal
Zip
NathStPaul

As my late mum would say to me I love you when you’re in work and when you’re asleep

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 01 Oct 2021 13:40

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip

As my late mum would say to me I love you when you’re in work and when you’re asleep

You just go around throwing your opinions at any Tom, DIck or Harry. you should be ashamed of yourself. I thought we had something special.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 01 Oct 2021 14:02

linkenholtroyal
Zip
Snowflake Royal :shock:

You just go around throwing your opinions at any Tom, DIck or Harry. you should be ashamed of yourself. I thought we had something special.

Well any Tom, Dick or Dewi as it happens

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 01 Oct 2021 15:30

Twm, Rishiart or Harri

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 01 Oct 2021 17:04

Schmeichel, Parker, Pallister.

4464 posts