Opposition fans back from the game

4486 posts
Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by Hendo » 21 Oct 2020 13:57

genome We've not played Wednesday?

I guess they're keeping an eye on what Joao is up to.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Oct 2020 14:11

tidus_mi2
genome We've not played Wednesday?

Correct, we've only played on Tuesday and Saturday so far this season.

Well played :lol:

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 21 Oct 2020 14:28

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Oct 2020 14:37

WoodleyRoyal maybe paul was referring to this https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic ... nt-9348948

Stressful reading that. I hope he has turned a corner in his career where he can keep his form more consistently.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Oct 2020 14:45

CountryRoyal Sunderland have quite a lot to say about Wycombe :lol: i take it they’re not fans.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/w ... t.1531247/

Looks like the play acting we saw last night is long established practice. Who would have thought that nice Gareth Ainsworth would produce a team of cheats?

That said, having seen the Sunderland documentary, SUFC fans are absolute twats and deserve to be where they are now.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Oct 2020 16:39

WoodleyRoyal maybe paul was referring to this https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic ... nt-9348948

This comment made me laugh.

“ Yes the way Reading play really suits him He never was going to thrive in a long ball set up, either chasing flick ons, or the one expected to flick it on. He wants the ball to his feet, where he can turn opponents at will. He was always better playing with Forestieri. Anyway, we move on, we got a fair price, so now we need to find the next Lucas Joao”

Good ball played into his feet yesterday..... :lol:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Oct 2020 16:40

NewCorkSeth

Stressful reading that. I hope he has turned a corner in his career where he can keep his form more consistently.

At 27 is he really going to have his magic light bulb moment? You can see a bit of petulance every time he comes off and for the first half clearly couldn’t be arsed.

Like you said, just have to keep the faith and hope he keeps producing results. One thing is for certain is that when he fancies it he’s pretty oxf*rd good.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 21 Oct 2020 17:20

leon
CountryRoyal Sunderland have quite a lot to say about Wycombe :lol: i take it they’re not fans.

Looks like the play acting we saw last night is long established practice. Who would have thought that nice Gareth Ainsworth would produce a team of cheats?

That said, having seen the Sunderland documentary, SUFC fans are absolute twats and deserve to be where they are now.

It was the comment about the Wycombe's "Computer Fake Promotion" that got me. They appear to be more obsessed about a small Buckinghamshire club than the Magpies.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Oct 2020 17:25

CountryRoyal
NewCorkSeth

At 27 is he really going to have his magic light bulb moment? You can see a bit of petulance every time he comes off and for the first half clearly couldn’t be arsed.

Like you said, just have to keep the faith and hope he keeps producing results. One thing is for certain is that when he fancies it he’s pretty oxf*rd good.

Wait. Lucas Joao is 27??? WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Oct 2020 17:29

CountryRoyal
NewCorkSeth

So far for us he's been outstanding. He was shit last night and still won the game by scoring.

His only issue with us so far is staying fit. And he's just come back quickly from a dislocated shoulder.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Oct 2020 17:32

Ascotexgunner
leon

It was the comment about the Wycombe's "Computer Fake Promotion" that got me. They appear to be more obsessed about a small Buckinghamshire club than the Magpies.

It's not like they just got handed automatic, they still had to win the POs.

Sunderland weren't even in the POs themselves ffs. Arrogant pricks.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 21 Oct 2020 18:57

Snowflake Royal
Ascotexgunner
leon

I dare you to go on their forum and say that, I triple dog dare you.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Oct 2020 19:09

skipper
Snowflake Royal
Ascotexgunner

I dare you to go on their forum and say that, I triple dog dare you.

They're not worth the minimal effort.

JR

by JR » 21 Oct 2020 19:23

NewCorkSeth
CountryRoyal
NewCorkSeth Stressful reading that. I hope he has turned a corner in his career where he can keep his form more consistently.

:lol: for the first time on this forum I’ve actually started something.....maybe not something to be proud of....

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 21 Oct 2020 19:40

NewCorkSeth
CountryRoyal
NewCorkSeth Stressful reading that. I hope he has turned a corner in his career where he can keep his form more consistently.

This needs it’s own thread!

Oh wait a minute :?

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 21 Oct 2020 19:43

WoodleyRoyal Let’s be honest the other fans are probably right. We won’t sustain this, and will probably fall away at some point. But I’m going to enjoy it whilst it lasts. Still think a realistic finish for us will be just outside/inside the play off positions.

I agree, I can’t see us sustaining this. Having said that, that’s probably based on previous poor seasons and the fact that it’s my team and I naturally think, na, we can’t sustain this.

Well clearly two teams will get auto so why not us.

As much as I want auto especially with the start we have made but in reality I’d be delighted with a top six finish

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 21 Oct 2020 19:54

paultheroyal I always enjoy looking at other forums. We are very much under radar still at moment by most clubs. Sheffield Wednesday were complimentary in general but main focus is the regret of letting Joao go.

The most bitterness is coming from Watford fans. We are dire. Look dire. Only played teams in relegation zone and will fall away the other side of Halloween. According to them they have too much quality not to be promoted and will be battling the top spot with Norwich, Bournemouth and Brentford. Watch this space.

Generally after a few games the sides at the top have beaten sides at the bottom.

Looking at the first 6 games at the start of the season I'd only have had Barnsley and Wycombe down as wins

7 points away from Derby, Cardiff and Boro is promotion form in any season

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 22 Oct 2020 00:00

SouthDownsRoyal
NewCorkSeth
CountryRoyal

This needs it’s own thread!

Oh wait a minute :?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 22 Oct 2020 00:01

SouthDownsRoyal
WoodleyRoyal Let’s be honest the other fans are probably right. We won’t sustain this, and will probably fall away at some point. But I’m going to enjoy it whilst it lasts. Still think a realistic finish for us will be just outside/inside the play off positions.

I agree, I can’t see us sustaining this. Having said that, that’s probably based on previous poor seasons and the fact that it’s my team and I naturally think, na, we can’t sustain this.

Well clearly two teams will get auto so why not us.

As much as I want auto especially with the start we have made but in reality I’d be delighted with a top six finish

Yeah I was baffled at Dellor when he said if he was offered 4th now he wouldn’t take it. Madness.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Oct 2020 08:21

Yeah, but he's an idiot.

I'd rather win the Play Offs than the League anyway... though maybe not this year. :roll:

4486 posts