Opposition fans back from the game

4464 posts
Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by Millsy » 26 Sep 2021 01:47

:lol: at this chap A.j.T on youtube!

Seems a nice enough chap like most Boro fans but he's doing this bizarre reaction video where he watches the match and gives a reaction on it and he's going nuts at how "they've got the worst defence in the league and we can't get a shot on target!". He's probably a bit drunk the number of times he repeats it but it's hilarious.

He has a point though, poor sod.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Sep 2021 10:58

Millsy :lol: at this chap A.j.T on youtube!

Seems a nice enough chap like most Boro fans but he's doing this bizarre reaction video where he watches the match and gives a reaction on it and he's going nuts at how "they've got the worst defence in the league and we can't get a shot on target!". He's probably a bit drunk the number of times he repeats it but it's hilarious.

Justified about the worst defence though, did you see the pop up Sky put up during the game about the defensive records this season. Reading were 24th for goals conceded, 24th on clean sheets, 24th for one of those xG things etc.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 26 Sep 2021 11:10

Sutekh

Justified about the worst defence though, did you see the pop up Sky put up during the game about the defensive records this season. Reading were 24th for goals conceded, 24th on clean sheets, 24th for one of those xG things etc.

No but I'm not surprised. Of course he's right it was just funny to see his reaction. Totally has a point lol @ Boro.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 26 Sep 2021 14:37

Could it have been because his team have one of the worst attacks in the league?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 26 Sep 2021 14:42

SCIAG Hard to disagree with any of that. Before the match they should have beaten us. We played them off the park. With a decent manager they could have exploited our weaknesses.

I love giving him stick but would still say that, in Colin, they have a decent manager. Could be that his players didn't do what he'd asked of them. We too had that issue for a while (playing lovely but scary quick short passing football in and around our area). The coaching team were going ballistic. Pauno was waving for them to hit the ball clear and when we did finally clear our lines, one of the coaching staff very audibly shouted 'No More!'. They seemed to get the message at that point and largely cut out the fancy stuff in our area.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 26 Sep 2021 16:45

From Despair To Where? Quick look at the Boro site, a hell of a lot of Warnock Out. Tactically inept.

Generally saying we just passed the ball around them and that they got it completely wrong tactically considering they were playing a team with no centre backs.

Opinion on the sending off? Harsh but more pissed off that it gives Warnock his Get Out Of Jail Free card. McNair should have gone.

A few "We should be beating Reading" but that's generally in reference to our injury problems and the fact we're statistically were the worst team defensively in the league.

Pretty honest and realistic bunch, all told.

Yeah I don't mind Boro or their fans. They're a pretty genuine bunch for the most part. One of the nicest sets of fans in the league.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Sep 2021 17:04

RoyalBlue
SCIAG Hard to disagree with any of that. Before the match they should have beaten us. We played them off the park. With a decent manager they could have exploited our weaknesses.

I love giving him stick but would still say that, in Colin, they have a decent manager. Could be that his players didn't do what he'd asked of them. We too had that issue for a while (playing lovely but scary quick short passing football in and around our area). The coaching team were going ballistic. Pauno was waving for them to hit the ball clear and when we did finally clear our lines, one of the coaching staff very audibly shouted 'No More!'. They seemed to get the message at that point and largely cut out the fancy stuff in our area.

To be fair, we've all been shouting "No Moore!" for quite a while.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 26 Sep 2021 17:56

AthleticoSpizz ...and to think.....there have been times in the past, we would’ve ate his sh1t to have him here.

Snowflake Royal To be fair, we've all been shouting "No Moore!" for quite a while.

What’s with all this “we” crap?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Sep 2021 20:21

Silver Fox
AthleticoSpizz ...and to think.....there have been times in the past, we would’ve ate his sh1t to have him here.

Snowflake Royal To be fair, we've all been shouting "No Moore!" for quite a while.

What’s with all this “we” crap?

It's a gag. :roll: Albeit one based on plenty of people's posting recently. Where you been?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 28 Sep 2021 11:49

I wonder if Veljko Paunovic fancies a move if Reading get points deducted? Despite having a decimated side they were still playing football and keeping the ball on the ground.

They have progressive manager playing progressive football. The complete opposite to us.

The manner of that defeat, given the state Reading are currently in, is most alarming.

Just back from the game. Worst away game I’ve been to in years. Waste of time, money and effort. Honestly can’t be arsed atm and that won’t change until Warnock *** off.

Met up with my bros mate who’s a reading fan, and he said we are comfortably the worst team/footballing team he’s seen in ages.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 28 Sep 2021 14:08

I decided to look at other forums to see how other fans reacted. Most of them were actually sympathetic as they believed the system was broken, highlighting parachute payments and the ESL fiasco punishment or the lack of it. As you would expect, we got the most sympathy from the previous naughty boys Derby, Birmingham and Sheffield Wednesday.

A fair few were happy the rules were being enforced, Bristol City forum was probably the weirdest of the lot I saw- one strangely claimed we think we’re as big as Villa and the rest said the tinpot jibes etc. One widely agreed comment on there sort of defended the fans and said at least we didn’t pretend unlike Derby etc that we didn’t break the rules.

Surprised with the amount of sympathy we got, seems while we did need to be punished they don’t blame us for gambling with our finances because of how unfair parachute payments are. Personally I think the real solution is not to include parachute payments in FFP, make it so that it is purely to help the club ensure it can survive. If we didn’t do that we’d be getting a lot more Blackburn’s, Bolton’s and Sunderland’s who all probably would’ve gone bust if they didn’t parachute payments.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Sep 2021 15:02

my biggest gripe with the whole thing is we made such an absolutely terrible job of trying to buy promotion

At least Derby had a couple of real stabs at it, and got to see some quality players in their time (though obvs blowing loads on the likes of Waghorn were more the kind of thing we did)

To completely blow FFP out the water and end up with the likes of Aluko, Baldock, Edwards, Mannone and Popa, as well as give some incredibly generous retirement packages to the likes of McShane, Yann and Joey was absolutely pitiful. Spend an absolute fortune and end up with a team worse than we started with was some achievement

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Sep 2021 17:03

Hound my biggest gripe with the whole thing is we made such an absolutely terrible job of trying to buy promotion

At least Derby had a couple of real stabs at it, and got to see some quality players in their time (though obvs blowing loads on the likes of Waghorn were more the kind of thing we did)

To completely blow FFP out the water and end up with the likes of Aluko, Baldock, Edwards, Mannone and Popa, as well as give some incredibly generous retirement packages to the likes of McShane, Yann and Joey was absolutely pitiful. Spend an absolute fortune and end up with a team worse than we started with was some achievement

Yeah this is exactly how I feel. Like if we genuinely gambled on promotion could we not have done it a bit more effectively? I mean oxf*rd hell we didn’t even sign anyone in January last season when it was clear we probably needed to.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 29 Sep 2021 14:31

Before the game...

This match is by far the most important we have played for a few years (even more than the last home match last season against Wednesday). Win it we a) go into plus points (for the time being); b) we claw back hopefully some points from the teams above; c) reduce the gap between us and Reading, especially if they are going to be docked up to 9 points.On top of that we are gaining confidence. Another home game to come. If we win that it's 4 points showing. What with Cardiff starting to slip and possibly others in the EFL firing line with perhaps deductions being implemented, it might be the start of something interesting! COYR

Even with the points deduction Reading FC will be fine because they have a very good squad with goal scorers and when their injuries clear up they will have a huge squad - if it was one of the others near the bottom then it would be different but Reading will be fine this season

As it seems like they're struggling for CBs tonight then I've gone heavily on the Derby win. I normally bet against Derby as a safety bet, but thought tonight was too much of an opportunity to win some money ON Derby. It's a lot nicer.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Sep 2021 14:51

paultheroyal Before the game...

This match is by far the most important we have played for a few years (even more than the last home match last season against Wednesday). Win it we a) go into plus points (for the time being); b) we claw back hopefully some points from the teams above; c) reduce the gap between us and Reading, especially if they are going to be docked up to 9 points.On top of that we are gaining confidence. Another home game to come. If we win that it's 4 points showing. What with Cardiff starting to slip and possibly others in the EFL firing line with perhaps deductions being implemented, it might be the start of something interesting! COYR

Even with the points deduction Reading FC will be fine because they have a very good squad with goal scorers and when their injuries clear up they will have a huge squad - if it was one of the others near the bottom then it would be different but Reading will be fine this season

As it seems like they're struggling for CBs tonight then I've gone heavily on the Derby win. I normally bet against Derby as a safety bet, but thought tonight was too much of an opportunity to win some money ON Derby. It's a lot nicer.

Last guy clearly didn't spot we kept our first clean sheet on Saturday then without any CBs. I'd be lumping on them if we had any fit!

boycey

by boycey » 29 Sep 2021 14:58

Royal_jimmy
From Despair To Where? Quick look at the Boro site, a hell of a lot of Warnock Out. Tactically inept.

Generally saying we just passed the ball around them and that they got it completely wrong tactically considering they were playing a team with no centre backs.

Opinion on the sending off? Harsh but more pissed off that it gives Warnock his Get Out Of Jail Free card. McNair should have gone.

A few "We should be beating Reading" but that's generally in reference to our injury problems and the fact we're statistically were the worst team defensively in the league.

Yeah I don't mind Boro or their fans. They're a pretty genuine bunch for the most part. One of the nicest sets of fans in the league.

Can muster a serious firm on their day TBH

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 30 Sep 2021 18:33

boycey
Royal_jimmy

Can muster a serious firm on their day TBH
Who? that's disgusting.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 01 Oct 2021 09:21

Before the game...

I don't even know what's the best team anymore

Our squad is so so poor and unbalanced. We can't even balance our team towards a hoofball team as we can't hold up the ball in the final third

Unpopular opinion; wouldn't it be better if we just lost this one so he gets the boot? Do you think some of the players might be thinking that way? A scrappy win via set piece would only prolong this sh1t show.

Weather looks bad for Saturday. Heavy rain. Match could be postponed if our stewards can't make it through the floods.

If we play our usual shite but scrape a 1-0 win does that mean the cracks are sufficiently papered over and McCarthy stays?

but for long term gain is it better to lose again against reading then regroup for the rest of the season. Or win against reading then lose the next 4 again.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 01 Oct 2021 09:27

"Weather looks bad for Saturday. Heavy rain. Match could be postponed if our stewards can't make it through the floods."

:|

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 01 Oct 2021 10:16

Interesting that they're in the part of a poor period where losing seems attractive as it might give the manager the boot.

4464 posts