Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by Zip » 02 Oct 2021 20:16

Brogue
Zip
leon
tbf I'm a Barry Boy.

I shall be in Barry next weekend as it happens and not pimping it in Fulham you old slag.

Well I’m sure barry is a very lucky man

:lol: Er well yes I guess he is.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 02 Oct 2021 20:42

Those comments from Cardiff make me laugh.

We had our second choice goalie out there.

We had a centre midfielder at centre back again.

We had our 3rd choice striker starting.

In total we had about a dozen players out

We had 5 kids on the bench and an unfit Scott Dann

They had 25 shots on our goal vs our 2 and still lost to crap Reading. Shows exactly who's got the mediocre team.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 02 Oct 2021 20:51

Still in that “Pauno out” camp Jimmy?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Oct 2021 21:10

Pretty harsh to reger to Southwood as 2nd choice now. He is #1, the shirt is his to lose.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 02 Oct 2021 22:29

Stranded Pretty harsh to reger to Southwood as 2nd choice now. He is #1, the shirt is his to lose.

Yeah and Laurent has been head and shoulders better than anyone else in central defence this season too tbf.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 02 Oct 2021 22:43

I'd also think that Puscas has to be second choice striker. Maybe Meite would play there ahead of him, but historically when they've both been fit and Joao hasn't it's mostly been Puscas there and Meite on the right.

We really lack options from the bench now, but we've just about got a respectable starting XI if Dann, Moore and Yiadom are all fit. Suppose Dann coming in probably means TDB drops to the bench, which gives us one serious attacking option at least.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 02 Oct 2021 22:48

Stranded Pretty harsh to reger to Southwood as 2nd choice now. He is #1, the shirt is his to lose.

He's done incredibly well, very pleased for him. He showed a lot of bravery today in terms of going for 50/50 balls, taking one in the face etc.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 02 Oct 2021 23:52

Zip
leon
AthleticoSpizz Zippurzz is Welsh?

Well, colour me surprised.

Go and play down your own end leekhead

Ok :wink:

tbf I'm a Barry Boy.

I shall be in Barry next weekend as it happens and not pimping it in Fulham you old slag.

I’m not in Fulham you nonce. I’m south of the Thames in civilisation.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Oct 2021 11:01

Zip Tbf they are a decent bunch there and every other fan base has referred to us as a crap side this season.

I get the feeling, unless you get absolutely annihilated, every Championship fanbase thinks their opposition are a poor side.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Oct 2021 11:05

genome
Zip Tbf they are a decent bunch there and every other fan base has referred to us as a crap side this season.

I get the feeling, unless you get absolutely annihilated, every Championship fanbase thinks their opposition are a poor side.

It does seem that way.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Oct 2021 11:16

SCIAG I'd also think that Puscas has to be second choice striker. Maybe Meite would play there ahead of him, but historically when they've both been fit and Joao hasn't it's mostly been Puscas there and Meite on the right.

We really lack options from the bench now, but we've just about got a respectable starting XI if Dann, Moore and Yiadom are all fit. Suppose Dann coming in probably means TDB drops to the bench, which gives us one serious attacking option at least.

+1 to this and stranded

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 04 Oct 2021 09:26

Not much to post yet on Cardiff game.

All comments were around...

Cardiff were excellent, best all season.
Reading are poor.
Should of won against that team ravaged by injuries.
Even with a 9 point deduction they are only 4 behind us.
League one is not that bad after all.
McCarthy out.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 04 Oct 2021 10:59

Fans I was drinking with beforehand were well and truly pissed off with their lot. Despite having season tickets they were weighing up if it was worth leaving the pub!

They were never McCarthy fans before he came and would be happy to see the back of him. Having said that they had to acknowledge it was the best they've played for ages. Like me I'm not sure how they didn't get at least a point

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 18 Oct 2021 09:59

Biggest surprise for me is how the fek are Reading 7th ??

Reading didn’t have the same level of player missing from their Starting XI as us but their bench was seriously weak. All kids and then a Brazilian international.

Reading were absolutely woeful worse than us apart from being able to muster a goal .
Best Reading chances came from our passing ,

Reading are a poor team. Don’t be fooled by their recent form - they will be bottom half this season.

I don’t agree. Reading are the leagues form side and for most of the game we made them look poor.

I think Reading have got injury problems like us but I wasn't impressed by them at all.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 18 Oct 2021 10:05

Can't really disagree with them, we didn't play our best and the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half was one of the worst periods of play I've seen from us this season.

Pretty sure a decent team would have beaten us on Saturday, good thing we didn't come up against one of those.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 18 Oct 2021 11:21

tidus_mi2 Can't really disagree with them, we didn't play our best and the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half was one of the worst periods of play I've seen from us this season.

Pretty sure a decent team would have beaten us on Saturday, good thing we didn't come up against one of those.

You're not allowed to say we didn't play well, SCIAG will say you're petulant.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Oct 2021 11:26

paultheroyal
Reading didn’t have the same level of player missing from their Starting XI as us but their bench was seriously weak. All kids and then a Brazilian international.

hmmmm not sure Lucas or Yakou would agree with that.

but yeah we didnt play great. Certainly not as fluently as against Middlesboro for example. First ten in second half was abysmal.

But we grew into the game after that and thought the goal was coming when it did. Started breaking through their backline fairly regularly at that point.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 18 Oct 2021 11:32

paultheroyal

I think Reading have got injury problems like us but I wasn't impressed by them at all.

:lol: yeh only the 13 first team players out.

Compared to their 3 injuries. Not quite sure that's a crisis.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 18 Oct 2021 14:08

Since when was someone capped 8 years ago in which many questioned the call up at the time qualify as a Brazil international? It’s like saying Jay Bothroyd, Dominic Solanke, David Nugent, Frazier Campbell, John Ruddy and Steven Caulker are all England internationals. How many of those would Barnsley fans actually take?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 18 Oct 2021 14:10

TiagoIlori Since when was someone capped 8 years ago in which many questioned the call up at the time qualify as a Brazil international? It’s like saying Jay Bothroyd, Dominic Solanke, David Nugent, Frazier Campbell, John Ruddy and Steven Caulker are all England internationals. How many of those would Barnsley fans actually take?

Probably all of them (although Bothroyd may be getting on a bit now - haven't checked)

4464 posts