Opposition fans back from the game

4464 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by Sutekh » 18 Oct 2021 14:24

Franchise FC
TiagoIlori Since when was someone capped 8 years ago in which many questioned the call up at the time qualify as a Brazil international? It’s like saying Jay Bothroyd, Dominic Solanke, David Nugent, Frazier Campbell, John Ruddy and Steven Caulker are all England internationals. How many of those would Barnsley fans actually take?

Probably all of them (although Bothroyd may be getting on a bit now - haven't checked)

Bothroyd is now 39 but still playing as far as I’m aware, he’s with Sapporo in Japan.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Oct 2021 14:48

You get capped, you're an international. Whether that is particularly meaningful for the topic is questionable.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 18 Oct 2021 17:42

Thick away fans shocker. We beat a team, cue the we were shit but Reading were shitter type bitter comments, Reading are a poor lower end of the division side, capped off with a few soulless stadium, crap fans and worst away day comments. More of the same on Wednesday night please!

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 18 Oct 2021 17:52

Mr Optimist Thick away fans shocker. We beat a team, cue the we were shit but Reading were shitter type bitter comments, Reading are a poor lower end of the division side, capped off with a few soulless stadium, crap fans and worst away day comments. More of the same on Wednesday night please!

I SO agree with this. Some of the comments from away fans are, quite frankly, embarrassing. Muppets....the lot of them.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 18 Oct 2021 18:21

Jagermesiter1871
paultheroyal
Reading didn’t have the same level of player missing from their Starting XI as us but their bench was seriously weak. All kids and then a Brazilian international.

I think Reading have got injury problems like us but I wasn't impressed by them at all.

:lol: yeh only the 13 first team players out.

Compared to their 3 injuries. Not quite sure that's a crisis.

Absolutely - take a dozen players out of their squad for 6 weeks and see where they 'd be....actually thinking about it same as where they are now as they've lost their last few anyway

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 20 Oct 2021 12:57

Before the match:

I don't like Reading and reading through their message board dislike them even more. They have a mysterious Chinese owner who has been racking up massive debts year on year, were handed a transfer embargo 2 or 3 seasons ago - remember this is the club that paid Charlie Adam 22K a week - and now are "negotiating" with the EFL about a points deduction.

They epitomize all that is wrong with the Championship, they have gambled and lost. I do have some sympathy for their fans as we know what it is like to have a shitty owner but it just goes to show how completely useless and impotent the EFL is when it comes to screening potential new owners of football clubs.

Reading on a good run. Hopefully no more surprise omissions, expecting an improved performance from Saturday. Going for a 1-1 draw. Yates on a roll.

Let's go to Reading for a day out .. said no one ever!

Aye, modern it may be, but the MadStad atmosphere is close to zero. As others have said, it's worth the same 3 points as those on Saturday, it's important we take something into the weekend. They are a very unpredictable side, our recent record there is shocking, there is no better time to change that.

Do think some of our fans are in for a shock. Mate of mine went to a game there when they played Preston. They have given up half a stand behind the goal to home fans who are allowed to stand and sing all game. Apparently its totally changed the atmosphere and welcomed by all the players, so its a significant improvement.

Regarding reading its the worst stadium I have been too its the distance and where the stadium is situated and boring fans

Worst away ground. Worst set of fans. We never win there. Only going out of relative closeness.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Oct 2021 13:02

paultheroyal Before the match:

I don't like Reading and reading through their message board dislike them even more. They have a mysterious Chinese owner who has been racking up massive debts year on year, were handed a transfer embargo 2 or 3 seasons ago - remember this is the club that paid Charlie Adam 22K a week - and now are "negotiating" with the EFL about a points deduction.

They epitomize all that is wrong with the Championship, they have gambled and lost. I do have some sympathy for their fans as we know what it is like to have a shitty owner but it just goes to show how completely useless and impotent the EFL is when it comes to screening potential new owners of football clubs.

Reading on a good run. Hopefully no more surprise omissions, expecting an improved performance from Saturday. Going for a 1-1 draw. Yates on a roll.

Aye, modern it may be, but the MadStad atmosphere is close to zero. As others have said, it's worth the same 3 points as those on Saturday, it's important we take something into the weekend. They are a very unpredictable side, our recent record there is shocking, there is no better time to change that.

Do think some of our fans are in for a shock. Mate of mine went to a game there when they played Preston. They have given up half a stand behind the goal to home fans who are allowed to stand and sing all game. Apparently its totally changed the atmosphere and welcomed by all the players, so its a significant improvement.

Regarding reading its the worst stadium I have been too its the distance and where the stadium is situated and boring fans

Worst away ground. Worst set of fans. We never win there. Only going out of relative closeness.

Must be horrible having to leave paradise to come down to a shithole like Reading.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 20 Oct 2021 13:36

It’s the Vegas of the North.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Oct 2021 15:14

Pepe the Horseman

Must be horrible having to leave paradise to come down to a shithole like Reading.

I guess they get a bit antsy being that far away from their smack dealers. Dirty bastards.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 20 Oct 2021 15:59

I've said my piece on Blackpool on here before but to precis, great for a stag do but fcuk ever having to live there. You can stick as many fairly lights up as you can muster but it's still a dumping ground for the nation's unwanted and full of skagheads and grifters. Awful, awful place to live.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 20 Oct 2021 16:11

Pepe the Horseman

Not too good at Finance are they. Running at a massive loss doesn't necessarily mean racking up massive debts if you have a not that mysterious Chinese owner who is prepared to put the money in and not require it back.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 20 Oct 2021 16:46

From Despair To Where? I've said my piece on Blackpool on here before but to precis, great for a stag do but fcuk ever having to live there. You can stick as many fairly lights up as you can muster but it's still a dumping ground for the nation's unwanted and full of skagheads and grifters. Awful, awful place to live.

This is so so accurate. When I see/read the views from Blackpool fans, they are incredulous.

Blackpool, as FDTW correctly portrays, is about as close to hell as you can get. If their fans don't want to come to Reading, they could
always stay in their hell hole. Just a total total crap hole.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 20 Oct 2021 16:55

From Despair To Where? You can stick as many fairly lights up as you can muster.

calling Scuttz to the thread.

We may have a job for you,

East Stand Ste

by East Stand Ste » 20 Oct 2021 17:15

Mr Optimist It’s the Vegas of the North.

Yea, Vegas is an absolute hole too!

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 20 Oct 2021 17:32

East Stand Ste
Mr Optimist It’s the Vegas of the North.

Yea, Vegas is an absolute hole too!

LOL, you can roll a turd in as much glitter as you want, but ultimately it is still a turd!

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 20 Oct 2021 18:01

My sister lived on Central Drive for a couple of years in the 90s, right by the ground, when she worked in Fleetwood. The only place I've been that's anywhere near as grim is Mexborough, although Featherstone was pretty shit as well.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 20 Oct 2021 18:15

From Despair To Where? My sister lived on Central Drive for a couple of years in the 90s, right by the ground, when she worked in Fleetwood. The only place I've been that's anywhere near as grim is Mexborough, although Featherstone was pretty shit as well.

Seem to remember Whitehaven was pretty awful too.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 20 Oct 2021 20:54

Tbf Blackpool is having a bit of regeneration and in terms of seaside towns is probably one of the more happening ones. Also does have an Airport (albeit basically closed).

Find the comment about us being unpredictable funny considering we've won 5 out of the last 6.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 21 Oct 2021 10:29

Blackpool are understandably elated lookin at their forum, no gloating and very truthful that they played us of the park.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Oct 2021 10:57

windermereROYAL Blackpool are understandably elated lookin at their forum, no gloating and very truthful that they played us of the park.

They deserve it to be fair. They put in a cracking performance so let them enjoy it

just a quick search on their manager suggests they may have picked a good one there as well. Relatively young, got them promoted in his first full season and doing well in the champ. Might start to attract some interest

4464 posts