Opposition fans back from the game

4464 posts
joeroyal

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by joeroyal » 20 Sep 2013 13:24

Ian Royal
St. Brynjar 'We all love Leeds'.

I thought it was great.

And it worked and kept going because the Leeds fans have an idea of pacing. Unlike ours, who rush through Blue Army faster and faster until 2 minutes in you literally can't keep it going any longer because no one's got time to breathe.

We're like randy teenagers getting down to it. No control and its over almost before it's started, leaving only a feeling of disappointment and shame.

Yes totally agree but then Leeds are a club with Footballing history and status in the game and have a massive following compared to the few hundred or so we take away, there are not many clubs that have dropped down which can boast the gates that Leeds get, when I hear idiots saying we are a well supported club I laugh, the home game atmosphere replicates something of a wake

biscuitman

by biscuitman » 20 Sep 2013 13:34

Don't be naive in thinking they all came from Yorkshire Weds. Loads of them were London based etc. Heard a few cockney Leeds fans which was really strange. They must be puting an accent on for that shite Ian Harte song.

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 20 Sep 2013 13:41

biscuitman Don't be naive in thinking they all came from Yorkshire Weds. Loads of them were London based etc. Heard a few cockney Leeds fans which was really strange. They must be puting an accent on for that shite Ian Harte song.

Lots of Leeds fans all over the country I know as I cover the length of the uk , and I have yet to meet many if any reading fans, as I say Leeds are what you call a big club fan base wise, tell a lie I met one on community service and he said he only supported reading because some one gave a top which was out of date by 3 or 4 seasons never seen him at a game mind you, friendly little fella just liked cars that didn't belong to him

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Sep 2013 13:51

I have to hand it to you, that was a riveting anecdote

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 20 Sep 2013 13:52

He does try ever so hard. :lol:

royalZILLAAA

by royalZILLAAA » 20 Sep 2013 14:08

joeroyal Yes totally agree but then Leeds are a club with Footballing history and status in the game and have a massive following compared to the few hundred or so we take away, there are not many clubs that have dropped down which can boast the gates that Leeds get, when I hear idiots saying we are a well supported club I laugh, the home game atmosphere replicates something of a wake

Our home atmosphere is almost exactly as bad as Man Utd's

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 20 Sep 2013 14:15

royalZILLAAA
joeroyal Yes totally agree but then Leeds are a club with Footballing history and status in the game and have a massive following compared to the few hundred or so we take away, there are not many clubs that have dropped down which can boast the gates that Leeds get, when I hear idiots saying we are a well supported club I laugh, the home game atmosphere replicates something of a wake

The reason it is very muted at Man utd is they are watching a class team that play class football no argument with that going by the number of times they have been crowned champions and the quality players they have and have had

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Sep 2013 14:15

royalZILLAAA

and Arsenal and QPR

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 20 Sep 2013 14:18

leon
royalZILLAAA

and Arsenal and QPR

Arsenal at Highbury was fantastic, I don't count QPR never had a memory of the shack

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 20 Sep 2013 14:26

joeroyal The reason it is very muted at Man utd is they are watching a class team that play class football no argument with that going by the number of times they have been crowned champions and the quality players they have and have had

This might be the worst sentence I've read on here for some time, which is really going some considering the opposition

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 20 Sep 2013 14:30

Silver Fox
joeroyal The reason it is very muted at Man utd is they are watching a class team that play class football no argument with that going by the number of times they have been crowned champions and the quality players they have and have had

This might be the worst sentence I've read on here for some time, which is really going some considering the opposition

HaHa the truth always gets them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 20 Sep 2013 14:32

joeroyal
Silver Fox

HaHa the truth always gets them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now Fcuking do one as I have got work to do.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 20 Sep 2013 14:35

Silver Fox

This is in with a shout, surely :

joeroyal Blackman did well Wednesday if any one think's we need better get on to Anton don't rub the players nose in it, there is a big fat geezer who sits two seats away to the left of me shouting and screaming how useless Blackman was when I said shut the fcuk up he said well you got to support the team. :lol: :lol: :lol: crazy fat man

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 20 Sep 2013 14:37

I am still a "fan" of this "classic"

joeroyal You can go on and on and on and on how many times must you be told Gunter is the preferred Rb as is chosen by the manager Kelly makes the numbers up on the left and is cover for Gunter now be told and be a good boy and just support the team, and find something useful to do with your time this obsession you have with Gunter is doing you no good, in a survey 9 out of 10 managers prefer Gunter as there number 1 Rb :D

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Sep 2013 14:38

I like him.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 20 Sep 2013 14:40

Poor Joe.

Thoughts are with friends and family at this difficult time.

notloyalenuffroyal

by notloyalenuffroyal » 20 Sep 2013 14:46

creative_username_1 why do chants get faster...never understood that

Music teacher hat on....

It is all to do with the internalisation of a pulse. We all have our natural pulse in our body, which often dictates the pulse with which something is sung.

The natural animal instinct when you sing or chant collectively is for your pulse to increase, naturally therefore the speed with which you sing will increase.

This is poor music making! Good musicians will ignore their natural pulse and control an inner pulse to maintain a good tempo.

Why do we find this more difficult? Simply history! We do not have a large fan base that has consistently developed a repetoire with natural tempi (Stoke: Delilah - Man City Blue Moon). Children at these clubs are brought up on large groups singing the same speed and develop into adults doing the same. Our Y26 fan base consists of some regulars and then groups of young men who join in for a while before getting old and finding a quieter spot, lower down Y26 or in Y25, or running out of money when they turn from a student to an adult on season ticket prices. We rarely manage a whole stand chant.

In games I remember where "Blarmy" worked well (Playoff Semi-final a few years back (can't be bothered to check)) it was because the entire ground were collectively using the same pulse rather than a smaller group of individuals, whose animal instincts, and pack mentality were increasing their own pulse rate and therefore the pulse of the music.

Interestingly the people who go on away games seem to be better. Probably because they are often the same group of friends in a controlled space, rather than a larger one, and are determined to work together and control the sound.

Hope you all enjoy a nights sleep after that diatribe!

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 20 Sep 2013 14:57

The ridiculously fast 'blue army' has only happened in recent seasons for some strange reason. Under Coppell when we first went won the league, it was great in Y25 & used to go on for ages.

Why is it that hard to sing blue army at a consistent tempo?!

We can do a lot lot better.

I did like the Paddy Kenny song that made me chuckle.

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 20 Sep 2013 14:59

I am Joeroyal HTH

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 20 Sep 2013 15:00

genome I have to hand it to you, that was a riveting anecdote

Don't make out you support a big team when you don't, and don't say you drive a Ferrari when all you have is a pound in your pocket :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

4464 posts