4464 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by CountryRoyal » 06 Nov 2018 03:01

Jagermesiter1871
Don't Panic
Hound excellent. Always one of my favourite threads

Missing the comments on what a dump Reading is, plastic fans/stadium, fake cockneys etc though

If you want that just take a look at the initial post here: https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic ... -we-didnt/

Not like losing to Wigan? Arent they basically us turned up to 10 in regards to shit/lack of fans and plasticness?

You mean the FA Cup winners?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Nov 2018 08:32

CountryRoyal
Jagermesiter1871
Don't Panic
If you want that just take a look at the initial post here: https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic ... -we-didnt/

Not like losing to Wigan? Arent they basically us turned up to 10 in regards to shit/lack of fans and plasticness?

You mean the FA Cup winners?

They've got no long term pedigree though have they? That was a relatively recent win. And they never picked up that many fans even in the PL.

I've got nothing against Wigan, but they're pretty much one of the definitions of a nothing club rising up thabks to money and playing well above they're size for 10+ years.

From what I can gather, the last 20 years is irrelevant in football, it's whether you won things and were bif at any point in the previous 50 years that matters.

To the sort that call us plastic etc. anyway.

You think if wed won the FA Cup when we got to Wembley a few years ago Brighton fans would have stopped calling us tinpot and plastic? Or wed never hear "You've never won oxf*rd all" again?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Nov 2018 08:40

Doesn't it all come down to football supporters being inherently thick?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 06 Nov 2018 09:13

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Nov 2018 09:21

Oh dear. Almost as poor as some of the comments about that ‘being football’

What exactly was he trying to achieve?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Nov 2018 09:23

Hound

I love watching the opposition supporters positioning themselves directly in front of a steward.... Pathetic. Bristol City are up there with the worst away supporters we get, far worse than Millwall.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 06 Nov 2018 10:06

Old Man Andrews Doesn't it all come down to football supporters being inherently thick?

Thick certainly but essentially jealous.

I don't believe we were particularly disliked until getting dumped down to League 1 at the same time as opening a brand new 25k stadium which really did "shine" when compared to some of the sh+t holes we visited back then.

Since then, we've gone on to enjoy the success the likes of BC want for themselves but, funnily enough, none of it would have been possible with the "plastic" stadium they so dispise.

On the rare occasions throughout those heady times when they were good enough to exist in the same division, happy departures down a dual carriageway remarkably similar to hundreds of others up and down the country were few and far between.

Now, we are in the relegation zone and they are in the top half so this must be their time; Or perhaps not.

I couldn't make the game but it sounds as though they are where we were under Stam and Brendan; Trying to play cultured football but getting beaten by what they see as an inferior teams playing like pub sides.

Man for man, I doubt there's much difference between the two teams and that they are currently over achieving and we the opposite, in a division where the margins are extremely fine.

On another day they might have beaten us just as we might be 8/9 points better off with modest improvements in performance and a little more luck at the right time.

See you next season BC!!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Nov 2018 11:13

Old Man Andrews
Hound

I love watching the opposition supporters positioning themselves directly in front of a steward.... Pathetic. Bristol City are up there with the worst away supporters we get, far worse than Millwall.

Yeah. It's not the first time they've tried this.

I remember the game in 2015/16 where Blackman nicked a last minute winner - there was a glorious video on YouTube where a Reading fan just filmed the Brizzle supporters losing their heads for the last couple of minutes after the goal. It was hilarious. It's been deleted now unfortunately

There was one 15 year old weedy bespectacled kid offering out the whole home end :lol:

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 06 Nov 2018 11:17

genome
Old Man Andrews
Hound

I remember the game in 2015/16 where Blackman nicked a last minute winner - there was a glorious video on YouTube where a Reading fan just filmed the Brizzle supporters losing their heads for the last couple of minutes after the goal. It was hilarious. It's been deleted now unfortunately

There was one 15 year old weedy bespectacled kid offering out the whole home end :lol:

Tbf that's usually enough to start a stampede for the exits.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Nov 2018 11:20

genome
Old Man Andrews
Hound

Thing with Millwall these days is they have become their stereotype inside the ground, they know they annoy the home fans and are reasonably inventive with the chants etc. They tend to know the world sees them as rough old club so they play on it without going too far imo. Bristol City on the other hand have supporters who genuinely believe they are hard as nails who drive fear into all they come into contact with. They think they are this massive firm in British football but nothing could be further from the truth, most supporters up and down the country just laugh at these clowns and find them quite pathetic.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Nov 2018 11:26

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Nov 2018 11:39

Look at some of them claiming he should have got a red card for having the nerve to go up for an aerial challenge with their defender. Totally clueless.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Nov 2018 11:59

Weren’t we supposed to be trying to sign that lad that keep slating (Diedhiou) last year? 5m he cost apparently

He wasn’t great tbf, though did one nice turn and shot

Don't Panic

by Don't Panic » 06 Nov 2018 13:26

Woodcote Royal
Old Man Andrews Doesn't it all come down to football supporters being inherently thick?

Man for man, I doubt there's much difference between the two teams and that they are currently over achieving and we the opposite, in a division where the margins are extremely fine.

You are Paul Clement and I claim my five pounds :D

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 06 Nov 2018 18:33

Old Man Andrews
genome
Old Man Andrews

Thing with Millwall these days is they have become their stereotype inside the ground, they know they annoy the home fans and are reasonably inventive with the chants etc. They tend to know the world sees them as rough old club so they play on it without going too far imo. Bristol City on the other hand have supporters who genuinely believe they are hard as nails who drive fear into all they come into contact with. They think they are this massive firm in British football but nothing could be further from the truth, most supporters up and down the country just laugh at these clowns and find them quite pathetic.

What p!sses me off is when they bring that on the bus / into Town. There was a scrawny antique with a No1 cut and earring on the F1 back trying it on with anybody. Luckily got totally ignored until his medication kicked in.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 06 Nov 2018 18:52

Hound Weren’t we supposed to be trying to sign that lad that keep slating (Diedhiou) last year? 5m he cost apparently

He wasn’t great tbf, though did one nice turn and shot

Wasn't he the forward who in front of goal tried to shoot but did an air kick totally missing the ball :D

No thanks :D

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 06 Nov 2018 20:40

Diedhou - more like Doo doo. Waste of £5m

Generally thought BC were pretty poor. Played into our hands by neither sitting deep or pressing high. Remember Villa doing exactly the same thing last season.

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 10 Nov 2018 23:11

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 11 Nov 2018 00:16

Their crap stadium, their kit, the awful parking and the quietest set of fans ever

I just hate them. And I’m not really sure why

Ok 5 visits and never seen us win might have something to do with it

The fans really are the standout when it comes to crap. Surely the worst in the division.

I agree, such a boring club. Their stadium is awful, just another modern stadium off the production line, no identity or history.

The state of that, why are we so hated by everyone?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 Nov 2018 00:26

windermereROYAL Their crap stadium, their kit, the awful parking and the quietest set of fans ever

I just hate them. And I’m not really sure why

Ok 5 visits and never seen us win might have something to do with it

The fans really are the standout when it comes to crap. Surely the worst in the division.

I agree, such a boring club. Their stadium is awful, just another modern stadium off the production line, no identity or history.

The state of that, why are we so hated by everyone?

Its bollocks. No history? We are one of the oldest teams in the history of English history. The stadium is far from awful. The kit? It’s fine. As a fan base we are quiet but other than that oxf*rd what they think

4464 posts