The Academy/Development squads watch thread 2015//16

7490 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The Academy/Development squads watch thread 2015//16

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Nov 2019 23:43

Royals and Racers
Snowflake Royal When you look back it's not been as good as it should have, but it's not been bad and we've had plenty of appearances.

Kuhl, Tshibola, Taylor, Hector, Cooper, Kelly, Tanner, Stacey, Fosu, Samuel, Keown, DIckie, Hyam, Obita, Watson, McIntyre, Osho, Richards, Olise, Barrett, Loader, Rinomhota, Ward, Southwood, McCarthy, Andersen, Hamer Owusu, Fridjonsson

The vast majority have made a first team appearance, many have made quite a few more, and we've made good money from several. Plenty are still playing in the league even if they've left.

That's a lot of promising players from the last 5-10 years, with a lot of appearances for us and in the league, between them.

The best one you have forgotten- Gylfi Sigurdsson

Not forgotten, just considered him in an earlier wave, with HRK, Karacan, Pearce, Cox... etc.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 Nov 2019 02:05

Snowflake Royal When you look back it's not been as good as it should have, but it's not been bad and we've had plenty of appearances.

Kuhl, Tshibola, Taylor, Hector, Cooper, Kelly, Tanner, Stacey, Fosu, Samuel, Keown, DIckie, Hyam, Obita, Watson, McIntyre, Osho, Richards, Olise, Barrett, Loader, Rinomhota, Ward, Southwood, McCarthy, Andersen, Hamer Owusu, Fridjonsson

The vast majority have made a first team appearance, many have made quite a few more, and we've made good money from several. Plenty are still playing in the league even if they've left.

That's a lot of promising players from the last 5-10 years, with a lot of appearances for us and in the league, between them.

Would add Andresson, Smith and Novakovich to that list too. Not sure what happened with Andresson, I thought he looked decent in his brief spells

I don’t know why this name appeared, came from no-where really but I seem to recall in Adkins’ stints, we had a Shane Griffin who at one time seemed to be close to the first team squad. No idea what happened to him

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Nov 2019 06:21

URZZZZ

Would add Andresson, Smith and Novakovich to that list too. Not sure what happened with Andresson, I thought he looked decent in his brief spells

I don’t know why this name appeared, came from no-where really but I seem to recall in Adkins’ stints, we had a Shane Griffin who at one time seemed to be close to the first team squad. No idea what happened to him

Shane joined Cork City in early 2017 and is still playing there.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Nov 2019 06:58

Left back iirc

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 Nov 2019 10:31

Sutekh
URZZZZ

Shane joined Cork City in early 2017 and is still playing there.

They have had a few of our former players recently. Still have Griffen and Bennet. Had Sheppard for a bit.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 08 Nov 2019 10:36

Still think there is a player in Danny Loader - dont think we know what player or position he is, not sure that he knows.

He would certainly be the next favourite in the "ones that got away".

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Nov 2019 11:18

paultheroyal Still think there is a player in Danny Loader - dont think we know what player or position he is, not sure that he knows.

He would certainly be the next favourite in the "ones that got away".

even in the ht warm ups, can see he has incredible technique as a player. Just don't quite know how it translates to an actual position yet

Suspect he will come good one day for someone though

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 Nov 2019 11:29

Agree that there’s something there with Loader and he’s still at a very young age but my main observation with him is he still hasn’t adapted to the tempo of the play from reserve football to first team football. Obviously the time you get on the ball is a lot less in first team football and I’m not quite sure he’s grasped that

He looked painfully out of depth against Wednesday and didn’t do anything (although I’m not sure what position he was actually playing that day)

The fact he’s not getting on the pitch much with Boye and Joao injured suggests he’ll get even less of a look in when they’re both back. In essence, he’s sixth choice striker. So whilst I was against a loan for him originally, now that we’ve got a lot of strikers, it may be better for him

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 08 Nov 2019 15:06

Andresson
Nditi
Burley
East
Samuels
Medford- Smith
Elva- Fountaine
Frost
Boye
Olise
Barrett
Subs
Roberts
Tetek
Nevers
House

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 08 Nov 2019 15:43

1-0 Boye 42 mins
Last edited by Royals and Racers on 08 Nov 2019 16:09, edited 2 times in total.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Nov 2019 15:46

Royals and Racers 1-0 Boye 42 mins

nice

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 08 Nov 2019 15:50

H-T 1-0
House replaces Boye for the 2nd half
F-T 1-0

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 09 Nov 2019 12:10

U 18`s are playing Southampton this morning at Hogwood and are leading 1-0 after 49 mins. Goal scored by Pendlebury after 9 mins.
Now 1-1
now 1-2 89 min goal
F-T 1-2

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 12 Nov 2019 18:06

Ben House and Medford-Smith have agreed loan moves to Dagenham and Redbridge and Torquay respectively

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 12 Nov 2019 21:32

Snowflake Royal
Royals and Racers

The best one you have forgotten- Gylfi Sigurdsson

Not forgotten, just considered him in an earlier wave, with HRK, Karacan, Pearce, Cox... etc.

McCarthy and Hamer should be in with that lot too.

URZZZZ Would add Andresson, Smith and Novakovich to that list too. Not sure what happened with Andresson, I thought he looked decent in his brief spells

Two things happened to him:

1) Stam could never make up his mind about who his favourite young centre back was. He had a brief fascination with Axel that died away. We had far too many young centre backs at the time and being discarded by Stam ended most of their careers with us.

2) Tom McIntyre is much better, and younger. He was briefly Stam's favourite but got injured before he could make his debut. This is basically what led to Tom Holmes' early debut.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 12 Nov 2019 22:55

SCIAG
Snowflake Royal
Royals and Racers The best one you have forgotten- Gylfi Sigurdsson

URZZZZ Would add Andresson, Smith and Novakovich to that list too. Not sure what happened with Andresson, I thought he looked decent in his brief spells

1) Stam could never make up his mind about who his favourite young centre back was. He had a brief fascination with Axel that died away. We had far too many young centre backs at the time and being discarded by Stam ended most of their careers with us.

2) Tom McIntyre is much better, and younger. He was briefly Stam's favourite but got injured before he could make his debut. This is basically what led to Tom Holmes' early debut.

I thought Andresson and McIntyre were the same age?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 13 Nov 2019 13:29

URZZZZ
SCIAG
Snowflake Royal Not forgotten, just considered him in an earlier wave, with HRK, Karacan, Pearce, Cox... etc.

I thought Andresson and McIntyre were the same age?

No, Andresson is the same age as Osho, both a year older than McIntyre.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 16 Nov 2019 09:40

Jordan Holsgrove's loan team, Atletico Baleares are playing Real Madrid Castilla tomorrow at 11.00.

The game will be live on Real Madrid TV for anyone who might be interested to see how he's getting on over there. It's free on the Real Madrid website.

Sometimes they show Castilla matches on the Madrid YouTube page so it might be on there as well.

Felt91

by Felt91 » 16 Nov 2019 17:51

Isn’t he playing for Scotland u21s?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 16 Nov 2019 18:26

Felt91 Isn’t he playing for Scotland u21s?

Is he? Oh well scrap that one then :lol: .

7490 posts