The Academy/Development squads watch thread 2015//16

7519 posts
Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The Academy/Development squads watch thread 2015//16

by Royals and Racers » 03 Feb 2020 18:24

No Royals line-up yet but Adam Federici in goal for the home team.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 03 Feb 2020 19:05

Driscoll
Medford-Smith
Odimayo
Lawless
Elva-Fountaine
Coleman
East
Nditi
Pendlebury
Osorio
Azeez
subs
Caetano
Holden
Crooks
Burley

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 03 Feb 2020 19:34

Stoke 1 Royals 0 30 mins
2-0 34 mins
H-T 2-0
3-0 59 mins
F-T 3-0

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 04 Feb 2020 14:23

Royals and Racers Colchester 0 Royals 1 36 mins Frost
H-T Royals 1 up
1-1 72 mins
Full time 1-1 the point is not enough to guarantee qualification(top 2 qualify) but they have got 2 matches left to achieve it.
1 Reading P 4 pts 8
2 Charlton P 4 pts 6
3 Colchester P 4 pts 5
4 Swansea P 4 pts 3

The U23`s next game is on Saturday February 8th away at Swansea in our penultimate league cup group A fixture. the match is being played at Swansea`s Landore training centre at Plasmari Swansea KO 1pm.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 05 Feb 2020 21:02

Nameless
Royals and Racers
Royals and Racers Colchester 0 Royals 1 36 mins Frost
H-T Royals 1 up
1-1 72 mins
Full time 1-1 the point is not enough to guarantee qualification(top 2 qualify) but they have got 2 matches left to achieve it.
1 Reading P 4 pts 8
2 Charlton P 4 pts 6
3 Colchester P 4 pts 5
4 Swansea P 4 pts 3

Big cock-up on the RFC website report of the Colchester match- report dated 30 th Jan but posted 3rd Feb !!!!!
The current table as per myself is above yet Reading say the following in the match report.
"If either side had won the fixture, they would have gone top of the table; as it occurred, both remain outside the top two of the four-team group, with two games remaining at Charlton and Swansea in a tightly-contested competition.
1-1 the score at the final whistle – both teams on five points, with Charlton and Swansea each on six. All teams have two games left to go – it’s set to go to the wire."
Did they get some 15year old work experience schoolboy to write it !!!!!

It’s very much the sort of thing you would ask a work experience student to do.....

Although maybe a quick check before you actually publish it might be worthwhile !

I have since found out that Soccerway have the table incorrect on their website. This must have been the one they looked at. Flash score are correct incidentally.
Everyone who kept on telling me to write to the club about the poor coverage of the academy, will be pleased to hear that i did just that also letting them know of the above error on their part. Result- completely ignored it !!!! Report still up with the written nonsense !!!!

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 06 Feb 2020 11:46

Boyce-Clarke,Abbey and Samuels are away in Spain with England U17’s this weekend.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Feb 2020 17:43

Royals and Racers
Nameless
Royals and Racers Big cock-up on the RFC website report of the Colchester match- report dated 30 th Jan but posted 3rd Feb !!!!!
The current table as per myself is above yet Reading say the following in the match report.
"If either side had won the fixture, they would have gone top of the table; as it occurred, both remain outside the top two of the four-team group, with two games remaining at Charlton and Swansea in a tightly-contested competition.
1-1 the score at the final whistle – both teams on five points, with Charlton and Swansea each on six. All teams have two games left to go – it’s set to go to the wire."
Did they get some 15year old work experience schoolboy to write it !!!!!

It’s very much the sort of thing you would ask a work experience student to do.....

Although maybe a quick check before you actually publish it might be worthwhile !

I have since found out that Soccerway have the table incorrect on their website. This must have been the one they looked at. Flash score are correct incidentally.
Everyone who kept on telling me to write to the club about the poor coverage of the academy, will be pleased to hear that i did just that also letting them know of the above error on their part. Result- completely ignored it !!!! Report still up with the written nonsense !!!!

When did you write to them? Standard complaint response times are 10 working days.

They did miss mine once, so I chased them and one of the managers got in touch to apologise then sorted it pronto.

Also, how was your tone? Constructive and friendly, or whiny and dickish?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 Feb 2020 17:56

Snowflake Royal
Royals and Racers
Nameless

When did you write to them? Standard complaint response times are 10 working days.

They did miss mine once, so I chased them and one of the managers got in touch to apologise then sorted it pronto.

Open goal for someone there.....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Feb 2020 18:06

Nameless
Snowflake Royal
Royals and Racers I have since found out that Soccerway have the table incorrect on their website. This must have been the one they looked at. Flash score are correct incidentally.

Open goal for someone there.....

I'm not trying to get any of you pcunts to do something for me or change your ways. :wink:

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 06 Feb 2020 22:42

Snowflake Royal
Royals and Racers
Nameless

I wrote on Tuesday to the RFC press officer, it was titled Colchester U23 v Reading U 23 match report. - i will let you decide if it was constructive and friendly or whiny and dickish.
from my point of view i thought it was a fair email- i praised them for some of the postings but quite rightly(my opinion) pointed out how they were failing the Academy supporters by their coverage.
" Dear sirs, i would like to point out the report of this match which is dated 30th January but not actually posted on the website until yesterday contains some factual errors. Not sure what group A table the writer was looking at but the table before the match reads

1 Reading P 3 W 2 D 1 pts 7

2 Charlton P 4 W 2 L 2 pts 6

3 Colchester P 3 W 1 D 1 L 1 pts 4

4 Swansea P 4 W 1 L 3 pts 3

and afterwards

1 Reading P 4 W 2 D 2 pts 8

3 Colchester P 4 W 1 D 2 L 1 pts 5

A win by the Royals on Thursday would have ensured the top 2 finish and qualification into the last 16 round.

Whilst i am writing to you i have been critical( on hobnob) of the coverage that the club gives to the u 23 and U 18 Academy teams, some U 23 matches( mainly if it`s at the Madejski stadium) are given the full treatment- ie Preview, live on Academy twitter and match report promptly posted. The norm is sadly the complete opposite. Take the Colchester match, it was as if the match was not happening !! no twitter mention at all, no match report until several days later. Surely the least the club can do is let the punters know what the team is on every match !!

The U 18`s coverage is even worse, some match reports eventually, some not, however the Everton PL U 18 cup QF match was covered in full, so thanks for that."

Regards

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Feb 2020 22:46

Brief skim, seems alright. I know it's the twitter age, but 2 days is no time at all for a response.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 06 Feb 2020 22:51

Snowflake Royal Brief skim, seems alright. I know it's the twitter age, but 2 days is no time at all for a response.

Agree- rather than a prompt reply i would have thought at least they would have changed the match report errors which would be a 5 minute job.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Feb 2020 23:12

Royals and Racers
Snowflake Royal Brief skim, seems alright. I know it's the twitter age, but 2 days is no time at all for a response.

Agree- rather than a prompt reply i would have thought at least they would have changed the match report errors which would be a 5 minute job.

That's not how this sort of thing works.

People don't read things immediately and then sit on them. They get routed into work queues and responding will he quicker than then passing off to a different team to act on lessons learnt if necessary.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 07 Feb 2020 07:33

Royals and Racers
Snowflake Royal
Royals and Racers I have since found out that Soccerway have the table incorrect on their website. This must have been the one they looked at. Flash score are correct incidentally.

I wrote on Tuesday to the RFC press officer, it was titled Colchester U23 v Reading U 23 match report. - i will let you decide if it was constructive and friendly or whiny and dickish.
from my point of view i thought it was a fair email- i praised them for some of the postings but quite rightly(my opinion) pointed out how they were failing the Academy supporters by their coverage.
" Dear sirs, i would like to point out the report of this match which is dated 30th January but not actually posted on the website until yesterday contains some factual errors. Not sure what group A table the writer was looking at but the table before the match reads

and afterwards

A win by the Royals on Thursday would have ensured the top 2 finish and qualification into the last 16 round.

Whilst i am writing to you i have been critical( on hobnob) of the coverage that the club gives to the u 23 and U 18 Academy teams, some U 23 matches( mainly if it`s at the Madejski stadium) are given the full treatment- ie Preview, live on Academy twitter and match report promptly posted. The norm is sadly the complete opposite. Take the Colchester match, it was as if the match was not happening !! no twitter mention at all, no match report until several days later. Surely the least the club can do is let the punters know what the team is on every match !!

The U 18`s coverage is even worse, some match reports eventually, some not, however the Everton PL U 18 cup QF match was covered in full, so thanks for that."

Regards

Good work namechecking hobnob, hopefully they'll fast track it now.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 07 Feb 2020 08:40

Pepe the Horseman
Royals and Racers
Snowflake Royal When did you write to them? Standard complaint response times are 10 working days.

and afterwards

Regards

After mentioning hobnob

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 07 Feb 2020 09:39

Olise has made it into the Daily Mail:

THE SECRET SCOUT: Reading teen Michael Olise is one to watch

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... e-masthead

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 07 Feb 2020 09:44

Hendo
Pepe the Horseman
Royals and Racers I wrote on Tuesday to the RFC press officer, it was titled Colchester U23 v Reading U 23 match report. - i will let you decide if it was constructive and friendly or whiny and dickish.

and afterwards

Regards

After mentioning hobnob

:lol: :lol:

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 07 Feb 2020 15:27

muirinho U18s have drawn Man City at home in the PL Youth Cup Semi-final

https://twitter.com/RFCAcademy/status/1 ... 8598012934

Match takes place at Bearwood training centre on Saturday February 15th KO 11am

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 Feb 2020 15:56

Royals and Racers

Presumably no public access to this ?

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 07 Feb 2020 16:25

Nameless
Royals and Racers

Presumably no public access to this ?

Good question- nothing in the PL U 18 rules mentions spectators which leads me to think that the answer is, no public access. This is different to the U23 rules.

7519 posts