Hob Nob Regular

Re: The Academy/Development squads watch thread 2015//16

by 3points » 06 Jan 2020 20:41

Liddle misses penalty. 82nd minute

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 06 Jan 2020 21:58

2-4 shot from edge of the box that squirms under CBC. He’ll be disappointed with that

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 06 Jan 2020 22:13

Disappointing result having been 2 up at HT. some decent finishes from WBA but generally they shouldn’t have had the opportunities.

Key player assessments

Thought Odimayo looked decent. Played a box to box midfield type role with East sitting deeper as the playmaker. Nolan looks a good talent with the right attitude. Nevers has a lot of talent but I’d question his attitude. CBC pulled off 2 excellent saves in the first half but will be disappointed with his contributions to goals 3&4. Beeden is a proper unit and Dorsett certainly put himself about. Full backs were a bit meh!

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 06 Jan 2020 22:47

3points Disappointing result having been 2 up at HT. some decent finishes from WBA but generally they shouldn’t have had the opportunities.

Key player assessments

Thought Odimayo looked decent. Played a box to box midfield type role with East sitting deeper as the playmaker. Nolan looks a good talent with the right attitude. Nevers has a lot of talent but I’d question his attitude. CBC pulled off 2 excellent saves in the first half but will be disappointed with his contributions to goals 3&4. Beeden is a proper unit and Dorsett certainly put himself about. Full backs were a bit meh!

Many were calling for CBC to be called up for the FA Cup game. Based on the highlights only, certainly looks too soon.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 07 Jan 2020 17:47

royalp-we
3points Disappointing result having been 2 up at HT. some decent finishes from WBA but generally they shouldn’t have had the opportunities.

Key player assessments

Many were calling for CBC to be called up for the FA Cup game. Based on the highlights only, certainly looks too soon.

Isn't he 17? Young for an outfield player, let alone GK. You need to be battle hardened. I don't expect to see him in a first team shirt for at least 2 years.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Jan 2020 17:51

WestYorksRoyal
royalp-we

Key player assessments

Isn't he 17? Young for an outfield player, let alone GK. You need to be battle hardened. I don't expect to see him in a first team shirt for at least 2 years.

Not sure anyone called for him to start. Sitting on the bench is quite a different experience to playing (valuable for such a young player for sure).

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 07 Jan 2020 18:08

Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal
royalp-we

Not sure anyone called for him to start. Sitting on the bench is quite a different experience to playing (valuable for such a young player for sure).

he was generally decent, with good distribution. Can certainly kick the ball a long way when needed. Just tried to be a bit clever with the third goal and lofted the clearance rather than pinged it to Medford-Smith and it got intercepted. Couple of very good saves too, and some more routine ones. Looked much more comfortable (and confident) than Virginia ever did (though basing that on seeing Virginia and CBC play once, so not a big sample size)

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 08 Jan 2020 08:45

Only seen CBC play once and that was when he played against Bayern in that U23 Cup. Looked a bit shaky that night, but as with 3points, it is not a big sample size and I know he is highly rated.

Would think he would be the bench 'keeper in cup ties next year with maybe being the number 2 the year after that.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 09 Jan 2020 16:56

Next up for the U23`s is a home match against the Premier league 2 div 2 leaders West Ham on Monday January 13th. The Match is being played at the new training ground at Bearwood KO 1pm- which is kind of a shame that it`s not at the Madejski stadium or Wycombe. The PL 2 rules however state that a minimum of 3 matches must be played at the teams stadium and the clubs training facility or academy venue can stage up to 3 matches a season.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 09 Jan 2020 17:05

Hendo Only seen CBC play once and that was when he played against Bayern in that U23 Cup. Looked a bit shaky that night, but as with 3points, it is not a big sample size and I know he is highly rated.

Would think he would be the bench 'keeper in cup ties next year with maybe being the number 2 the year after that.

How tall is he?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 09 Jan 2020 17:08

John Smith
Hendo Only seen CBC play once and that was when he played against Bayern in that U23 Cup. Looked a bit shaky that night, but as with 3points, it is not a big sample size and I know he is highly rated.

How tall is he?

I don't know, probably 6ft 3" ish. I didn't have my tape measure with me.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 09 Jan 2020 17:10

John Smith

How tall is he?

Says 6ft 3 inches here https://www.sportbible.com/football/new ... e-20190520 however i have seen him play a fair bit and i would have said 5ft 11 max !!!

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 09 Jan 2020 17:16

Royals and Racers
John Smith

How tall is he?

Says 6ft 3 inches here https://www.sportbible.com/football/new ... e-20190520 however i have seen him play a fair bit and i would have said 5ft 11 max !!!

Don't remember many lads at school being 6'3!

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 10 Jan 2020 19:25

Royals and Racers
Royals and Racers
Royals and Racers Stoke and Everton i think will complete the QF`s as best 2nd finishers- QF`s are just 1 match.
Amazingly all of the Royal`s 3 group matches were 4-3( 2 wins 1 loss) !!
Last Saturday`s match at Middlesborough saw the home team lead 3-0 before Hewitt, McGiff, Hamilton and Anderson scored 4 in the last 18 minutes.
As expected the fantastic Reading FC publicity machine have yet to mention we have qualified for the QF`s or a report on the website yet (or social media) but as it`s only Tuesday and the match was Saturday lunchtime i suppose we shouldn`t expect anything else.

Now Friday and still nothing from RFC about Saturday’s win at Middlesborough and the qualification for the QF’s.

Reading play at home to Everton in the QF’s which will be played in January- Blimey they have put the draw and a sort of report on the website from the Middlesborough match played 2 weeks ago !!!

Date is fixed for the U18`s league cup QF match against Everton U18`s- Saturday January 25th KO 11am at Bearwood.
There is also a date change for the U23`s next League cup match at Colchester- its now on Thursday January 30th KO 7pm not Monday 20th.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Jan 2020 19:38

John Smith
Royals and Racers
John Smith How tall is he?

Don't remember many lads at school being 6'3!

When I watched him I thought about 6ft. But he was only 16 at the time so suspect there is still time to grow considerably

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 11 Jan 2020 13:57

U 18’s lost 4-1 at Leicester in the league this morning

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 13 Jan 2020 12:20

Today’s team
Andresson
Watson
Samuels
Odimayo
Beeden
Osho
Nolan
Pendlebury
Liddle
Caetano
Nevers
Subs
Boyce- Clarke
Lawless
Nditi
Frost
Trialist
Osho back from his Yeovil loan
Watson back off loan as well ?

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 13 Jan 2020 13:02

Trialist is Ryan Crooks
Pitch is superb- its like watching a game at Prospect Park - no stand yet just a bank and a rope to stand behind.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Jan 2020 13:09

Royals and Racers Trialist is Ryan Crooks
Pitch is superb- its like watching a game at Prospect Park - no stand yet just a bank and a rope to stand behind.

I'm guessing you don't mean the pitch itself is like prospect park? Did look very nice from the pictures

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 13 Jan 2020 13:21

Hound
Royals and Racers Trialist is Ryan Crooks

I'm guessing you don't mean the pitch itself is like prospect park? Did look very nice from the pictures

No pitch is top notch i’m stood in a howling gale and just seen the Royals go 1 up after 15 mins , lovely finish from Nevers

7519 posts