BFTFGF - Posh

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTFGF - Posh

by ManchesterRoyals » 27 Aug 2013 23:10

2.8 lita injection Just seen the goals, Feds for the first was shocking.

Second was a cracker

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 27 Aug 2013 23:11

Melton Royal
Upper West Ginger This evening we were privileged to see a well-drilled team playing in blue and white (and even with a guy called Little running down the right wing) completely demolishing a set of apparent strangers. That team stands every chance of running away with their league, if they can keep their team together. It was like watching the 106 team all over again.

Federici is the only player from our team who emerges from that fiasco with any significant degree of credit, for managing to keep the score down to single figures.Otherwise we were out-played, out-thought and out-fought in every department on and off the pitch. Perhaps Williams did OK too.

I'd love to think that this and the result on Saturday at Blackpool were contrived by Adkins to force the hand of Zingarevich to fund some transfers, but actually I fear it's just a cock-up.

Given our proven technique of buying players from teams we meet in the cup (Akpan, Blackman), can we buy Assombalongo please? He was superb.

Peterborough were excellent, we were utterly rubbish. Nobody who started today deserves to displace anybody from the first team, and there are some who should never wear the Reading shirt ever again.

Sums it up very nicely.

On the bright side:
I only paid a tenner to get in as over 60 (feel sorry for those who paid full price & had a long journey up)
The drive home was very pleasant with very little traffic & I listened to some good music

Hi Mel, what were you listening to? :wink:

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 27 Aug 2013 23:20

old woman
Upper West Ginger Nobody who started today deserves to displace anybody from the first team, and there are some who should never wear the Reading shirt ever again.

Who do you think these are?

Gorkss and Pog.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 Aug 2013 23:20

Doubt Pog will care as long as we keep paying him.

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 27 Aug 2013 23:31

Federici - Disappointing
Gunter - Tragic
Gorkss - Woeful
Mariappa - Short
Cummings - Lack-luste
Akpan - Invisible
Williams - Chasing
Obita - Naive
HRK - Shocking
Le Fondre - Frustrated
Pog - Disinterested

Tactics - Shambolic
Nigels tan - Spectacular
Seating - Painful
Stewards - Pcunts
Floyde - Fat
Ian Royal - WASACTUALLYATTHEGAME!
Humour - High
Kid sitting in-front of me's BO - Stinky

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 Aug 2013 23:31

Players say sorry

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article ... 18412.aspx
Feds' reaction to dismal display

Royals stopper Adam Federici was quick to apologise on his teammates' behalf to the fans who made the journey to London Road tonight.

"To come and support us here at Peterborough on a Tuesday night is a great effort, and I can only apologise on everyone's behalf.

"Thank you for coming down and giving us such great support tonight. All I can say is, as players, we are all so disappointed in ourselves and now all we can do is look to put it right at the weekend for you all."

Tonight, Peterborough were ruthless and Federici made a series of good saves to prevent the high-flying Posh outfit adding further to the scoreline at times.

"You've got to give full credit to Peterborough, they are a very, very good team for League One and every time we come here they give us a tough game, and they're on fire at the moment.

"But we didn't get going from the start. They played really good football and we didn't play good football at all.

"They didn't let us get out of our own half and they finished really well. As you can tell by the scoreline, they very much deserved to go through.

"They showed us how to win a cup game tonight, gave us a lesson definitely. It is just very disappointing on our behalf.

"The best way to get over this is to have another game very quickly, and we've got that in Yeovil on Saturday.

"It's another tough place to go, but I'm sure there will be a few changes to the first team and rightly so after our performance today."

Read more at http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article ... qYor3Rq.99

Ian Herring

by Ian Herring » 27 Aug 2013 23:34

Badger Finger Federici - Disappointing
Gunter - Tragic
Gorkss - Woeful
Mariappa - Short
Cummings - Lack-luste
Akpan - Invisible
Williams - Chasing
Obita - Naive
HRK - Shocking
Le Fondre - Frustrated
Pog - Disinterested

Tactics - Shambolic
Nigels tan - Spectacular
Seating - Painful
Stewards - Pcunts
Floyde - Fat
Humour - High

Excellent write-up BF. Like it

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 27 Aug 2013 23:38

Badger Finger Floyde - Fat

That'll really upset some people :lol:

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 27 Aug 2013 23:40

It wasn't the most flattering of shirts.

Plus the thumbs up photo make him look like an angry pedalo

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 27 Aug 2013 23:42

Ian Herring
Badger Finger Federici - Disappointing
Gunter - Tragic
Gorkss - Woeful
Mariappa - Short
Cummings - Lack-luste
Akpan - Invisible
Williams - Chasing
Obita - Naive
HRK - Shocking
Le Fondre - Frustrated
Pog - Disinterested

Tactics - Shambolic
Nigels tan - Spectacular
Seating - Painful
Stewards - Pcunts
Floyde - Fat
Humour - High

Excellent write-up BF. Like it

I don't think it deserves much else.

It was just comically bad.

The most annoying part of the night was being stuck behind a 911 on the A47 that wouldn't go above 40

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 27 Aug 2013 23:44

I just hope NA don't use Brian's tactic of buying playing from a team who we just played in the cup and we end up with another Blackman

shaka's shorts

by shaka's shorts » 27 Aug 2013 23:46

Just back to my London hotel. Shocking. Disgusted and amazed how supportive and positive our fans were. Apart from 2 shouts of "we want our money back" there was relatively little negativity. Worst performance in 40 years of long suffering support from me. Even worse than 0-6 to Brizzle Rovers.

Feds 3 - made some good saves, but beaten at near post for first goal
Gunter 0 - played as a right wing ahead of HRK. Adkins obviously told him to do so, but every time we lost the ball there were huge gaps behind
Cummings 1 - As Gunter, but at least put a couple of crosses in
Mariappa 0 - Woeful
Gorkss 0 - Woeful and slow
Akpan - 0 Can't pass, out of position, terrible first touch
Williams 0 - played so deep, almost a centre back, constantly gave the ball away for them to counter against our 2 CB's
HRK - Minus 1 - shockingly terrible, gave it away every time he had the ball
Obita 3 - Some decent corners, but never took on his man and looked bereft of confidence, not to blame for tonight
Pog 0 - Tried a bit first half then gave up and missed our only decent chance missing the ball with a simple header in the 6 yard box
ALF 0 - missed 3 decent chances shooting straight at keeper, ineffective and too weak
SUBS - they warmed up well, but Adkins gave up ayt half time and didn't bother bringing any on
Adkins - I am starting to feel we have another Rodgers on our hands with his scrazy book of tactics that our players don't understand or incapable of

Dejected. Ashamed to be a Reading fan. I want my ticket money and train fare back please Anton

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 27 Aug 2013 23:46

URZZZZZ I just hope NA don't use Brian's tactic of buying playing from a team who we just played in the cup and we end up with another Blackman

Yes please to Tomlin though, but we wont get him, they'd want upwards of £3m for him.

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 27 Aug 2013 23:48

Plus it would close the local pie factory

He's a big lad

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 27 Aug 2013 23:49

And Drenthe takes up the fatty slot here :)

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 27 Aug 2013 23:55

shaka's shorts Disgusted and amazed how supportive and positive our fans were. Apart from 2 shouts of "we want our money back" there was relatively little negativity.

I think as soon as we saw Gorkss was A) in the team and B) Captain, we all knew the night was over and to try and have a laugh if nothing else.

I offered the RFC twitter account a tenner to any charity of their choice to leave Gorkss in Peterborough after the game

I cannot confirm whether the professional footballer known as Kaspers Gorkss made it on the coach home.

The tenner is still in my pocket though

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Aug 2013 00:15

Update: my train was an hour and a half late. I'm still half an hour from cambridge. I'm now getting miffed and only the chatty lass with appealing cleavage is keeping me from going mental. Although she's getting off now.

So anyway. Take 2 off everyone's scores from me. And someone kick the players in the kidney until they piss blood.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 28 Aug 2013 00:16

Gorkks has been shit ever since some oxf*rd spent the whole second half singing "don't sell my Gorkks" to him at Chelsea away last season. Why they persist with him is beyond me, the fan and the player.

Carlos

by Carlos » 28 Aug 2013 00:31

Shocking performance, all players looked disinterested. Worrying that our first choice striker was playing, one of our first choice wingers and an American international that we bought for £2 million. He looked like his passing was all over the shop.

Player ratings -
Budgie - 4 made some decent saves, should not be beaten at near post for goal number 1
Cummings - 1 woeful. At fault for 3rd goal where he allowed Posh forward lots of space to run into and got no challenges in. Seemed to have given up by the end
Gunter - 2 abject. Is a comical player who looks ok in flashes but then allows the ball to go under his foot and out for a throw,
Mariappa - 3 abysmal. Hard next to the lumbering tank that is now Gorkss.
Gorkss - 1 terrible. So slow it's unbelievable. Voted for him as PoTS 2 years ago but a shadow of former self tonight.
Williams - 2 shocking. Seemed to have some promise in the glimpses I'd seen of him but just looked so average. No fight and very poor passing.
Akpan - 4 average. Difficult to see what the Egg saw in him.
Robson-Kanu - 1 best agent in the business to get that waste of space a new contract. Adds nothing to the team and is abject in every way (couldn't get past his man, couldn't pass to a teammate, couldn't shoot on target).
Obita - 3 difficult with little service but did nothing to convince that his level is anything above League 1.
Pog - 1 summed it up when he was 5 yards out and had a free header only to jump under the ball and allow it to skim off his head. Offered his shirt to a Reading fan who turned it down, I can understand why. Bet he wishes he'd stayed at Fulham.
Le Fondre - 3 tried hard, no service, in that situation doesn't add much to the team and is not able to create his own chances.

Best moment - ball being punted in the air, hitting the roof of the stand and rebounding to hit the linesman on the head.

Adkins looks like a used car salesman, all flashy suit and nice shoes. Unfortunately he seemed to have zero effect on the game. Total lack of respect to the fans shown by not even bringing on a sub, seemed like he didn't care about the game and just wanted to let the clock run down and get out of there as quickly as possible. Getting the players to clap the fans at the end is not much of a consolation for clearly not caring about the game. In future if he could let us know that he is not going to give a toss about a game and we can not bother attending.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 28 Aug 2013 00:33

shaka's shorts Even worse than 0-6 to Brizzle Rovers.

Get out. :arrow:

shaka's shorts Ashamed to be a Reading fan.

REALLY get out :arrow: