Anton To Face Fans Backlash?

571 posts
leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Anton To Face Fans Backlash?

by leon » 16 Sep 2013 10:13

I have to say that wouldn't surprise me at all.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 16 Sep 2013 10:15

Some people are just fucking mental cases.

The teams in transition you cock ends.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 Sep 2013 10:16

ZacNaloen Some people are just fucking mental cases.

The teams in transition you cock ends.

:shock:

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 16 Sep 2013 10:18

that's been bubbling for a while tbf

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

Re: it can be the only reason

by paddy20 » 16 Sep 2013 10:21

Nameless Starting twin threads full of unoriginal conspiracy theory wastes your time and everyone elses.

Try just contributing to existing threads of coming up with something interesting of your own...

Apologies, not aware of the other thread. Think it may be more than a theory

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 Sep 2013 10:23

ZacNaloen that's been bubbling for a while tbf

chuckle

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 16 Sep 2013 10:41

I'll like to hear all the people who criticized Madejski's brick by brick, cut your cloth accordingly philosophy now. At least he was up front about it.

Come back, John.......................

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 16 Sep 2013 10:43

2 world wars, 1 world cup I think all this does tell us though is that we deserve a solid explanation.

"We're lying bastards who have pretended time and again to various managers that there'd be adequate transfer funds but haven't delivered and we lied to you fans so you'd not lose faith and stop buying season tickets. We need good managers and good gates to maintain our ultimate genuine goal of sustained Prem footy, so we had to lie, sorry. In the meantime we are actually investing heavily in cat1 and an expansion for the stadium etc.. I hope you understand why we had to lie."

Or

"We're actually pretty bloody clueless. We honestly thought that we would be able to spend lost of money AND attract sufficiently good players here despite knowing all along that we're merely a championship side but we were so sure of it we stupidly convinced poor old Adkins of this and you poor fans of this. We're so sorry for being inept idiots but trust us, we are focussing on cat1 academy etc. Just wait a few years and before you know it we'll be producing phenomenal players."

Either of these explanations is fine by me and probably the majority of disgruntled fans and the most likely case.

The trouble is that without it, we're left clutching at crazy conspiracy theories making the club look more evil and/or clueless than the poor guys actually are.

When you lead us to believe several new players will join when we have a horribly desperate need for a striker and CB, but instead you do the opposite and SELL our two best players, what do you expect us to think? We expect 3 players and we get minus 2!!!! HNA-infiltrating Apologists and the intellectually challenged aside, we can see something is wrong.

Come on club, just come clean for your own sakes. Next we'll be claiming you're responsible for 911, chemtrails, fluoride and the chemical attack in Syria! Come clean before more BS is spread.

Very good post.

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 16 Sep 2013 10:48

So many people are oxf*rd idiots with their conspiracy theories.

What a pcunt Anton is, bought us Jason Roberts who got us into the prem. Financed retaining players like Alex McCarthy, Pearce, HRK, pays for high wages for the likes of Drenthe, Bridge, Williams and Pog, gets us Cat 1 academy status, buys us a new training ground. Doesn't risk our finances by signing on a knee jerk player and gets us a great manager.

What a prick :roll:

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 16 Sep 2013 10:50

I have been very critical of the transfers window etc but I am still willing to give Anton the benefit of the doubt as far as finances are concerned. I fully support all that he has done to improve the Academy and longer term this should build the club. But what is going on at the moment is very confusing for us fans and so my advice to Anton would be to go public and explain what is going on behind the scenes.

If not he risks losing the fans and attendances will fall.

Fortunately I did not buy a season ticket and the last ticket I have currently bought is for the Leeds game. I won't be buying any more until we know what is going on as I cannot face repeatedly watching the turgid dross that was served up yesterday.

The only thing we fans can do to bring about change is to vote with our feet and that is what I for one will do unless we are given some clarity as to what is going.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 16 Sep 2013 10:51

Gordons Cumming I'll like to hear all the people who criticized Madejski's brick by brick, cut your cloth accordingly philosophy now. At least he was up front about it.

Like **** he was up front about it! I can remember plenty of transfer windows when supporters' expectations were unduly raised by talk from the club, only for hopes to be dashed as our ambitious and record breaking bids were turned down through no fault of our own and some of our star assets were flogged off to refill the perpetually recurring black holes. Only when fans started to grumble about that were we fed the brick on brick, won't mortgage our future lines.

Whilst very disappointed about what has happened in the past two transfer windows, on balance I still welcome the arrival of our new owner and won't be sorry to see the back of the old guard.

But for the antics of the old guard we wouldn't forever be going on about the return of Gylfi - it was the old guard who forced that sale through, even though neither our manager nor the player himself was looking for that sale to take place.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

Re: on the rumour page, do you believe it???

by SPARTA » 16 Sep 2013 10:54

beetleyroyal Anton Zingarevich has mortgaged the Madejski Stadium so he can pay the remaining £14.8m to Sir John Madejski before the 30-Sept deadline.

Reading fans should be very very concerned. There are already questions being raised about the lack of transfer activity in the last four windows, and now this has come out.

It looks like the wool has been firmly pulled over Madejski's and RFC's fans eyes by this fake of an owner.

Also as posted a few weeks ago by myself, Adkins did fall out with AZ about lack of transfers, there is a board split, and the club is in a mess behind the scenes!

You're another idiot copying and pasting from football-rumours.com

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 16 Sep 2013 10:57

Nameless Starting twin threads full of unoriginal conspiracy theory wastes your time and everyone elses.

Try just contributing to existing threads of coming up with something interesting of your own...

:lol:

this thread is coming from Paddy or as they used to be known ITK Fridays Legacy.

Why was it that he changed your username??? Any connection to the bollox that I posted on here last year and that you were regurgitating as facts on twatter?

hes less ITK than me and thats next to feck all :lol:

beetleyroyal

by beetleyroyal » 16 Sep 2013 10:57

SPARTA
beetleyroyal Anton Zingarevich has mortgaged the Madejski Stadium so he can pay the remaining £14.8m to Sir John Madejski before the 30-Sept deadline.

Reading fans should be very very concerned. There are already questions being raised about the lack of transfer activity in the last four windows, and now this has come out.

It looks like the wool has been firmly pulled over Madejski's and RFC's fans eyes by this fake of an owner.

Also as posted a few weeks ago by myself, Adkins did fall out with AZ about lack of transfers, there is a board split, and the club is in a mess behind the scenes!

You're another idiot copying and pasting from football-rumours.com

Didn't see it on here so i thought i would post it just in case people didn't see it...thats all.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 Sep 2013 10:57

:|

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 Sep 2013 10:58

PieEater
2 world wars, 1 world cup When you lead us to believe several new players will join when we have a horribly desperate need for a striker and CB, but instead you do the opposite and SELL our two best players, what do you expect us to think? We expect 3 players and we get minus 2!!!! HNA-infiltrating Apologists and the intellectually challenged aside, we can see something is wrong.

You can't keep players who have played in the prem and want to get back there. Don't blame the club for that.

We already have enough players sulking about their cut in wages following relegation and that no doubt has a bearing on the pisspoor performances we're getting.

We also can't sign players who prefer to sit on the bench in a prem side, the big financial gap has just got bigger.

theyre ignoring the fact that in the statements about getting players in, there were also some promising that some 1st teamers would also be sold

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 Sep 2013 11:01

Gordons Cumming I'll like to hear all the people who criticized Madejski's brick by brick, cut your cloth accordingly philosophy now. At least he was up front about it.

tbf when anton took over they did say it quite clearly

nothing would change, still operating in the same sound financial setting, there wont be a massive difference,but we will invest in the infrastructure, that we wont be forced to sell our best players for financial reasons.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 16 Sep 2013 11:01

melonhead

nothing would change, still operating in the same sound financial setting, there wont be a massive difference,but we will invest in the infrastructure, that we wont be forced to sell our best players for financial reasons.

Didn't someone recently claim that Nigel Howell had told Get Reading that Mariappa was sold to plug a hole in the finances?

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 16 Sep 2013 11:03

melonhead

nothing would change, still operating in the same sound financial setting, there wont be a massive difference,but we will invest in the infrastructure, that [b]we wont be forced to sell our best players for financial reasons[/b].

Nail on head - we just did exactly that as Kebe and Mariappa were arguably our best two players last season.

Einstein agogo
Hob Nob Regular

by Einstein agogo » 16 Sep 2013 11:05

paddy20

Apologies, not aware of the other thread. Think it may be more than a theory

.... more than a theory???

not another twat who doesn't know what that word means!!!!

571 posts