Anton To Face Fans Backlash?

571 posts
Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Anton To Face Fans Backlash?

by Extended-Phenotype » 17 Sep 2013 15:00

SPARTA
Extended-Phenotype You're shouting. I'm just sharing my concerns. Honestly, has any money for players/academy etc. actually come from Anton/TSI?

Why should it come from them? SJM loaned RFC money for most part to improve training facilities, purchase players etc, on top of club income. New so called wealthy owners doesn't mean everything should be bought out of their pocket!

I'm just pointing out that, for all the barks of 'conspiracy', I'm not sure we have anything concrete to suggest Anton has money.

The academy, the players we've acquired under him - these examples do not necessarily sabotage the notion the owners have as much money to invest as SJM.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 17 Sep 2013 15:00

SPARTA
Extended-Phenotype You're shouting. I'm just sharing my concerns. Honestly, has any money for players/academy etc. actually come from Anton/TSI?

Why should it come from them? SJM loaned RFC money for most part to improve training facilities, purchase players etc, on top of club income. New so called wealthy owners doesn't mean everything should be bought out of their pocket!

id be really worried if our new investors were happy throwing their money away tbf.
much prefer to go on much as we have been, but with a little extra financial support in terms of infrastructure, and holding onto best players where possible.
just like they promised they would really

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 17 Sep 2013 15:01

RoyalBlue
Royal Lady Some of us spoke out about feeling uneasy from the very beginning. No one from the board has spoken about anything recently. I also read on twitter last night, something about the expansion plans and the club asking for an extra week...not sure what that was all about tbh. I can't see, however, how AZ could remortgage the club/hotel if he doesn't own them 100% in the first place...however, something isn't right. :cry:

I think you might well find that he does already own them 100% but just owes John Madejski money on them. Apparently there is a charge registered on the stadium/land that it stands on, in the name of a company registered in the British Virgin Isles. I suspect that could well be one of JM's companies and that he has placed a charge on the property until Anton pays the outstanding money.

As far as I'm concerned, the only thing amiss is our dismal dealings in the transfer market during the latter stages of the last window.

top clarificationing

i agree with royal blue :shock:

Magic Hat

by Magic Hat » 17 Sep 2013 15:32

Extended-Phenotype
SPARTA

I'm just pointing out that, for all the barks of 'conspiracy', I'm not sure we have anything concrete to suggest Anton has money.

The academy, the players we've acquired under him - these examples do not necessarily sabotage the notion the owners have as much money to invest as SJM.

With conspiracies I tend to believe the simplest explanation is the usually the right one. If the Football League and the Premier League carried out Fit and Proper Persons Tests, TSI are hopefully financially sound.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 17 Sep 2013 15:40

i agree its probabale they are sound.

but that supposition only works if the fit and proper test is in anyway real, or stringent
which it really isnt

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 17 Sep 2013 15:58

Magic Hat
Extended-Phenotype
SPARTA

With conspiracies I tend to believe the simplest explanation is the usually the right one. If the Football League and the Premier League carried out Fit and Proper Persons Tests, TSI are hopefully financially sound.[/quote]

And let's not forget the inordinate time it took the FL/Prem to grant AZ fit and proper person status. It clearly wasn't straightforward.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 17 Sep 2013 16:20

We paid high wages (at the time) for the likes of Sonko when he was here - that was under SJMs tenure - I hate it that people are saying how great AZ is and forgetting what SJM did for us. Didn't HE lend us the money so we could buy Lita for £1 million some years ago.....short memories some people.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 17 Sep 2013 16:22

dont think anyones forgot that. blokes a ledge. an odd bod ledge.

but we are also not forgetting that it was clear that his situation changed to the point where he was never going to be able to fund us to that extent(or indeed any extent) again.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 17 Sep 2013 16:25

melonhead dont think anyones forgot that. blokes a ledge. an odd bod ledge.

but we are also not forgetting that it was clear that his situation changed to the point where he was never going to be able to fund us to that extent(or indeed any extent) again.

Well clearly, but then people are saying why should AZ be funding us, so what's the difference?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 17 Sep 2013 16:28

Royal Lady
melonhead dont think anyones forgot that. blokes a ledge. an odd bod ledge.

Well clearly, but then people are saying why should AZ be funding us, so what's the difference?

i took it to mean AZ would be able to fund us to the extent that JM used to
and i believe he is.

i dont think the reason we didnt sign the 3 promised extra players on deadline day was that there was no money to do so.

EverHopeful

by EverHopeful » 17 Sep 2013 16:29

according to the land registry records, there is no charge registered against the "land at Football Stadium Site" although there is a charge registered against another piece of land with a similar title description but ownership is the Hotel business so that is not that surprising as I fairly certain this wasn't part of the sale to AZ/TSI in any event. It is public record and is HSBC which again is not surprising as they have been the bankers to RFC and associated businesses for many years.

These records are always being updated so IF there was a change to this, it wouldn't be available until a few weeks/possibly months after registration but ftb everyone can breath easily!

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 17 Sep 2013 16:30

whats the training ground situation?

did AZ buy that outright?

or are there still payments/rent due etc

EverHopeful

by EverHopeful » 17 Sep 2013 16:38

no idea - thought Hogwood was owned by SJM so presumably he will be charging rent and the new one is "subject to planning" isn't it?, so guess the club will only buy it if they get planning idc

ILoveMoonPig

by ILoveMoonPig » 17 Sep 2013 18:27

Extended-Phenotype
ILoveMoonPig Nah, people need to relax. The assumption was that our transfer targets would want to sign for us and instead they signed up to 'arry's cash machine. Who cares?

Anyone who thinks Anton's not investing needs to question why a former Real Madrid midfielder and a former Chelsea full back now play for us and why a Paris Saint Germain player considered joining.

Could the club not afford free agents Bridge and Drente without Anton? Admittedly, the ambitious hype may have had to be there for them to consider it...

Okay, I was a tad harsh. I just have a feeling AZ really does care about the club. We know from the saints fans that Adkins' football takes time to be effective. I actually think we're in the best shape we've been in a long time. As long as we keep turning up every week (and let's face it, what else is there to do on a Saturday afternoon?), things will improve. It'd be stupid to have another manager leave, join another club and bring them the most success they've had in a long time.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 17 Sep 2013 18:29

agreed

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 17 Sep 2013 18:44

melonhead agreed

In other news, is the Pope a Catholic??

You really are infuriating sometimes Bendy. Are you this positive at home and work? :|

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 17 Sep 2013 18:49

His drug tests are positive.

Ba dum tishhh.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 17 Sep 2013 18:51

:lol:

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 17 Sep 2013 18:52

youve met me yeah?!

i do try to be. always.
negativity is so damaging. and tends to push you on ever descending spirals.
i was a bit down yesterday for various reasons, but a bit of positive thinking, and im out of it, and now im feeling gr8 again.

my default position is positivity,
and believing what people say. until they give me reason not to

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 17 Sep 2013 18:53

sandman His drug tests are positive.

Ba dum tishhh.

:D :D :D :D

only because marajuana stays in your system longer than all the other drugs.
otherwise id pass easy

571 posts