RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: back in the car from the Brighton (H) game

by RoyalBlue » 15 Sep 2013 20:45

floyd__streete
RoyalBlue
Haag Royal I happen to think that he is a good manager and just what we need. But equally I do not think he will be given the time nor money to build a team that can pass the ball rather than hoof. I will have a bet (against my judgement) that Eamon Dolan will be the RFC manager at some point this season. That I am afraid is the Reading Way.

I think you are right. I just hope that Adkins refuses the hush money that he will no doubt be offered and names and shames the barstewards, complete with details, that let him and the supporters down so badly.

Excuse me if I don't shed a tear for Adkins. He clearly didn't do his due diligence properly. And if he thinks he has been mis-sold terms at RFC and he is too chicken to say so then he is even more of a weasel than he comes across.

100 goals and 21 clean sheets. These were Adkins words, not Zingarevich's. Zingarevich doesn't even have any words.....he couldn't even be bothered to show up today :!:

Whose words were the seven signings?

And only time will tell whether he is too chicken to out the shysters that are running things behind the scenes at RFC.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 15 Sep 2013 20:46

RoyalBlue And only time will tell whether he is too chicken to out the shysters that are running things behind the scenes at RFC.

We can agree on that much, at least 8)

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 15 Sep 2013 20:47

loyalroyal4life I thought that performance was lacklustre at best!! It's all well needing a striker which I believe is needed but based on the creativity on show today not sure where the service will come from....

Anyone got news on mcleary's absence?

It's only a guess, but the Jamaica game midweek? Cummings and McCleary dropped from the squad, and McAnuff dropped to the bench.

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 15 Sep 2013 21:02

floyd__streete
RoyalBlue
Haag Royal I happen to think that he is a good manager and just what we need. But equally I do not think he will be given the time nor money to build a team that can pass the ball rather than hoof. I will have a bet (against my judgement) that Eamon Dolan will be the RFC manager at some point this season. That I am afraid is the Reading Way.

I think you are right. I just hope that Adkins refuses the hush money that he will no doubt be offered and names and shames the barstewards, complete with details, that let him and the supporters down so badly.

Excuse me if I don't shed a tear for Adkins. He clearly didn't do his due diligence properly. And if he thinks he has been mis-sold terms at RFC and he is too chicken to say so then he is even more of a weasel than he comes across.

100 goals and 21 clean sheets. These were Adkins words, not Zingarevich's. Zingarevich doesn't even have any words.....he couldn't even be bothered to show up today :!:

Is any one asking you to shed a tear ?

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 15 Sep 2013 21:15

Dull, no atmosphere, just generally pretty crap.

Bridge and McCarthy stood out.

Awful officiating.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 15 Sep 2013 21:19

RoyalBlue
handbags_harris Merits, or otherwise, of a very questionable performance aside, we didn't concede. That's two clean sheets from 2 games since the abomination that was Peterborough.

Today showed up once again the very need for a big striker capable of holding the ball up well. Pogrebnyak did that pretty well when given the right type of service to feed off of, he didn't have a bad game. I'm yet to see either booking but the second one in particular I felt was pretty harsh, not because it was questionably deemed to be simulation, but because I can point out three other incidents of similar simulation by our dear opposition that went completely unpunished. Forster-Caskey, after about 10 minutes, facing the sideline 10 yards in threw himself to the floor after minimal chest to back contact from Morrison I believe. The ball trickled out, Reading throw-in, no free kick or booking. Then two minutes after the Pogrebnyak sending off, Lua-Lua threw himself to the floor in search of a free kick. Reading pick up possession, referee gives the exasperated get up son gesture, no free kick or booking. Lastly, serial cheat and referee beater Ashley BArnes threw himself to the floor under minimal contact, no free kick or booking.

Very good spots and very good memory. Highlights how dreadful and inconsistent the twat in black was.

From what I can see of the first Pog booking, you can add the Lua-Lua dive for that. Utterly pathetic for a referee to allow a player a free kick having taken three unhindered running paces after the challenge before falling over.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 15 Sep 2013 21:47

Had to watch on the telly, and the ref was pretty much spot-on for everything. They seems to have better players than us, but our defence looked good and Karacan was full of energy and back to his pre-injury self. It's a pity we have Leeds coming up again.

Pog was dreadful, but Drenthe was worse.

Mccarthy - 8
Gunter - 7
Kelly - 6
Pearce - 8
Morro - 8
Jem - 9
Guthrie - 5
Drenthe - 2
Williams - 6
Pog - 100
Alf - 3

Bench
HRK - 7
Bridge - 8
Blackman - 5

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 15 Sep 2013 21:50

MmmMonsterMunch Well that was woeful. Highlight of the day was having a dump at half time.

On a positive note I thought Guthrie stood out yet again - always wanting the ball & trying to making something happen. Already nailed on for POTS I think.

Thought he was poor. Did more shit than good

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 15 Sep 2013 21:53

melonhead
MmmMonsterMunch Well that was woeful. Highlight of the day was having a dump at half time.

On a positive note I thought Guthrie stood out yet again - always wanting the ball & trying to making something happen. Already nailed on for POTS I think.

Thought his balls out to the wings were good, but his crossing and general play near the box was poor

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 15 Sep 2013 21:57

melonhead

In fairness though you do hate him.

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 15 Sep 2013 21:59

SydenhamRoyal
loyalroyal4life I thought that performance was lacklustre at best!! It's all well needing a striker which I believe is needed but based on the creativity on show today not sure where the service will come from....

It's only a guess, but the Jamaica game midweek? Cummings and McCleary dropped from the squad, and McAnuff dropped to the bench.

Tim Dellor said that there was a genuinely good reason for his absence that wasn't to be made public, sounds like a personal issue.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 15 Sep 2013 22:02

SydenhamRoyal

Make sense to base the team on those available and who were present at the training sessions.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 15 Sep 2013 22:10

St. Brynjar
melonhead

In fairness though you do hate him.

:D. Dont hate him. Want him to do well. We wont have a chance without him imo. I liked his willingness, and his big crossfield balls stretched the play well. But other than that thought he was very poor. Gave it away needlessly often

finchroyal

by finchroyal » 15 Sep 2013 22:12

mcanuff to start against leeds,

AkpansBFF

by AkpansBFF » 15 Sep 2013 22:16

Bridge had just came back from injury, had been out for a few weeks, if he started would of probably been subbed after 60. If things were going our way we probably wouldnt have brought him on, it was only for the crosses and the aim to sure up the defence and push forward a little. Ref was sh*t. Felt pogs first yellow was harsh as the players reaction was very late and felt pog may have barely touched him (might be wrong, haven't seen a replay).

If the first half had an extra 15 mins I could have seen royston seeing red, was in a yellow and still played a little too dirty, I know it would of been fustration but he needs to control it.

Mccarthy 8
Gunter 7
Morrison 7.5
Pearce 7.5
Kelly 7

Karacan 7.5
Guthrie 7
Williams 7

Alf 6
Pog 5
Drenthe 6

Hrk 6
Bridge 8
Blackman 6

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 15 Sep 2013 22:19

Awful atmosphere today. Loads of, as expected, homophobic chanting because everyone was bored. Some of our fans are an embarrassment.

Ref was dire. We were dire in the final third. Bridge did look class when he came on though.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 15 Sep 2013 22:31

Didn't hear any homophobic chanting in y25.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

Re: back in the car from the game

by Jackson Corner » 15 Sep 2013 22:46

John Madejski's Wallet Chin up Brendymelon, this is the Adkins revolution. Just remember, its all about the triangles

Are they like bermuda triangles? As the ball goes missing for long periods.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 15 Sep 2013 22:48

Avon Royal Didn't hear any homophobic chanting in y25.

man shouted pansy behind me in the north stand

paddyaze

by paddyaze » 15 Sep 2013 22:48

St. Brynjar
SydenhamRoyal

Tim Dellor said that there was a genuinely good reason for his absence that wasn't to be made public, sounds like a personal issue.

What was written on the red bibs they wore when they came out on the pitch. Was sure it was RIP (someone)?

175 posts